How Many Sexual Partners Until You're Grossed Out By Them?

vertigoxo

Both men and women can answer this. How many partners your boy/girlfriend had in the past are you willing to overlook and be with them sexually regardless? How many partners until you look at them in disgust and keep away from them? Also, how many people in the past have you had sex with, and do you hope your future husband/wife is willing to overlook the number?

For the record, I've had sex with 2 different guys. I would keep an open mind how many partners my future partner would have, the past is the past, right?

What about you guys/gals?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both men and women can answer this. How many partners your boy/girlfriend had in the past are you willing to overlook and be with them sexually regardless? How many partners until you look at them in disgust and keep away from them? Also, how many people in the past have you had sex with, and do you hope your future husband/wife is willing to overlook the number?

For the record, I've had sex with 2 different guys. I'd say it depends on the guy, but if I want to be serious with a guy, I'd feel a little weird out if he told me he has slept with over 10-15+ people. But this is just my opinion.

What about you guys/gals?

Well, I wouldn't look down on anyone for having sex before I was around, whether it was 1 or 1000. I don't see sex as a dirty thing and I have never felt that I wanted sex to be one of those "I'm the only one you've done this with" things.

I'm 30, been having sex since I was 11 and I've probably been with around 300 people.

Personally, if a guy has been with more than about 15 people I would be getting uncomfortable. Because protection can fail, people can lie, and the more people, the higher the risk of STD's. And I'm going to be thinking "Does this guy need that much sexual variety? Cause I'm not into sharing." But hey, if you are and you're happy, power to you!

Personally, if a guy has been with more than about 15 people I would be getting uncomfortable. Because protection can fail, people can lie, and the more people, the higher the risk of STD's. And I'm going to be thinking "Does this guy need that much sexual variety? Cause I'm not into sharing." But hey, if you are and you're happy, power to you!

I see your point, but all those things can happen with just one person, one act of sex. Isn't it better to have all your cards on the table anyway?

Well, I wouldn't look down on anyone for having sex before I was around, whether it was 1 or 1000. I don't see sex as a dirty thing and I have never felt that I wanted sex to be one of those "I'm the only one you've done this with" things.

I pretty much agree with that. I do not care if the girl I am with slept with one, ten or hundred people, as long as she is a one man guy when in a relationship, it is all good.

In my opinion, too much emphasis is put on looking down on those who sleep with multiple people. I really don't care what others do, if they enjoy it, go for it, just be safe as you do so.

Hey OP, I can understand why more than 10 or 15 would gross you out. I'm 19, and assuming most the people I would potentially have a sexual relationship are my age, I'd think 10 or 15 was pretty high. I'd probably be bothered if it were more than 10. I've only been with 2, so I'm in the same boat as you.

If, however, he got a full STI checkup done and turned up STI-free, it wouldn't matter how many partners he had in the past. If a minor STI popped up, that probably would not a big deal for me either.

The thing that would bother me (and set of BIG warnings) would be if I asked someone to get tested and he continuously put if off or flat out said, "No, I don't have anything." I want to see the results and probably go get tested together so I know it happened.

I would rather date someone who has not had, and does not have, casual sex, and who has reserved sex for long-term relationships.

Not sure what exact number would be too much, but for me there definitely is such a thing as too much. I suppose most people on this site say they don't care as long as the person does not have STDs, but how the men I date view sex matters to me, and I'd like us to have compatible attitudes towards sex.

What somewhat concerns me is that some people are willing to have sex with you almost on the first date sometimes, and I would have to question their motives in being with me. I've been burned before when having sex with the two guys in the past (thank god one of them and I still talk and get along great as friends) and while sex is deemed as "not a big deal" these days, one must wonder when do we reach our limit as humans before we are labeled by others as a sl-t?

The past is in the past, it doesn't bother me at all how many girls a guy has had sex with. It bothers me more if the guy is a virgin as I personally prefer experienced guys. Less awkward. There is nothing wrong with it if protection is used. Relationships in this day and age rarely last anyway so it's pretty much the norm to sleep with a few people.

At my age (22), any more than 20 would have me a little concerned. Most of the guys I've been with have had far fewer partners than me and I kind of like that. But, I have recently learned that it would probably be better not to talk about numbers. I don't intend to do this in the future. People seem to make a huge deal over it and everyone is probably better off not knowing.

If my future partners found out my number and they had a big problem with it, then I don't think I'd keep them around. The last thing I need is someone like that. It's not like I can change the past. Nor would I want to.

The people who are the ones most fervent about tossing around terms like sl*t are usually the ones not having any sex.

Of course, people going without are going to want to make people having a bumper crop feel bad. So OF COURSE, they're going to say it's bad. Its only purpose is to prop those people up so they feel better about themselves. It's romper room/playground BS.

The people who are the ones must fervent about tossing around terms like sl*t are usually the ones not having any sex.

Of course, people going without are going to want to make people having a bumper crop feel bad. So OF COURSE, they're going to say it's bad. Its only purpose is to prop those people up so they feel better about themselves. It's romper room/playground BS.

Well said and it annoys me so much!

The people who are the ones most fervent about tossing around terms like sl*t are usually the ones not having any sex.

I have made a vow to never call people sl-ts, wh-res, etc. Because those terms belong to people who do have sex for money or other materials in return, not regular people.

That said, I hope my guy friend isn't busy tonight.

You probably shouldn't have said that

Cue in the flaming...

I have made a vow to never call people sl-ts, wh-res, etc. Because those terms belong to people who do have sex for money or other materials in return, not regular people.

That said, I hope my guy friend isn't busy tonight.

I wouldn't even go that far. What's wrong with prostitution? If people are willing to do it for free, what's wrong with people making a contract with a fee?

I wouldn't even go that far. What's wrong with prostitution? If people are willing to do it for free, what's wrong with people making a contract with a fee?

I meant, prostitutes are called these names because these are just other names in substitution with the word "prostitute". If they want to do it, let them, I have no bad feelings against them.

Archived