Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Why did you have to do me this way? I asked you a week before to end things and all you said was, you promised me to keep fighting for me, you asked me for time, and that time was being spent with someone else, why would you do this to me after 6 years? I trusted you with my life, you always talked about cheaters and dishonest people and here you are, just like them. I wish i could tell you that i hate you, but I love you with all my heart, i cant stop thinking about you and him spending time together while i just cry and cry for days, you were my dream girl, why after 6 years.

I never lied to you. After all our 8 years together, I never lied to you. I was always completely open and honest with you. Everything I said after the breakup was true. That I always cared but didn't know how to get better as long as I lived in my broken home.. That I truly loved everything about you, even the amazingly artistic side of you that I tried to warn you wouldn't make good money if focused on too much and if life hurt us... That I always wanted to give you everything I felt you deserved and was planning so much for as soon as I'd finally graduate and be able to move out.. Everything about depersonalization and my overcoming it.. everything about how all the issues would have been revealed as fixed if we'd just reconciled..

I always cared so much.. I always wanted to do anything I could for you.. it was so hard to understand your emotions because it was hard to get you to talk about things.. and when you did, it would be hard for me to control my fear of losing you over basically nothing because I was just so used to every relationship in my life falling apart and everything going wrong.. I had to spend every night feeling like I may get killed, so it was so hard to be emotionally sound in times of conflict..

But I fixed it.. I really did.. I was always going to.. everything was about to finally get better for both of us.. all the painful parts of the relationship were about to finally end..

When we were still in contact, it seemed like, at times, you were trying to force yourself to move on.. as if you had to stick to the breakup decision when your heart may have been pulling you towards me in some ways.. you didn't have to move on..

Oh, my love.. peanut butterfly.. the big white gobbler.. us is really gone.. the snowy family.. the bear family.. it's really over..

Life is so cruel.. I want so badly to sing for you again.. to sing with you again..

I got a text from my ex last night. Reading texts is a form of contact, so I figure I'd post here instead.

I have not read it. I have not opened the text. The preview of the text says, "Hey sorry if this bothers you, but". Not a great start to a message. I think I'll have a friend open the text, evaluate whether or not it's even valuable for me to see it, and if not, delete it.

I'm way, way too in-love with this girl and way too hurt from the breakup to make reading that text a good idea.

I really, really value what she has to say...but this is just dangerous for me. I can't be subjected to more pain, especially if my mother may be coming back home soon and being in pain puts me at risk for being assaulted or killed.. :/

I am in a lot of pain today. I keep thinking - i have been in a lot of pain ever since we began our relationship. This relationship's bond is founded in pain. The highs and the lows are addictive. The good thing, I realize i have to go through some more pain to get out of it for good. After this stretch of pain i will go through, i will come out on the other side with no more pain... no more uncertainty and no more feeling like I'm not enough.

Time has not healed my wounds and it has been almost two years since you called off the wedding. Time has only created more opportunities to dwell and ruminate on what could have been and what may happen if somehow everything was fixed. My life is stuck in place as other peoples lives and probably yours move forward. There is no closure but instead an open wound that stays that way despite the face that we are NC for four months now. The pain permeates throughout my attempts to feel normal and worries those around me. I want to contact you for closure but do not want to make things worse. I am afraid of opening my heart to you and to anyone for that matter because I do not think that I am a good person to be in any relationship

Its lunch time, i used to pick you up from your office in DT and we would walk to lunch, remember baby? We would talk and talk and laugh while i would touch your face and your hair? I miss your big green eyes, i miss you baby, a lot, i love you.

You called today. I agreed to meet you which I knew that there was no reason but I did need to tell you something private in person. I still should've never gone to meet you. You just wanted to try one more time for me to relinquish my boundaries with you. I don't understand it and it broke my heart. I knew I should not of met you but I did I don't regret it because it was sweet and it gave me closure and I understood then that you would not back down and neither would I and the sad part about it is I don't know if it was our egos that drove us or if it was a definitive need. All I know is you chose this other person over me. It was a public place. I'm glad I insisted on that.....

Ever since I saw you in your car and our eyes met, it has thrown me off the slow and steady safe path I was on. I dislike you for making me feeling so small, I dislike you for leading me on when you knew I wanted you back but you had another. I’m so mad that I’m the one suffering with the pain you left me while you enjoy your life with a new girl. I’m mad that my existence has left your brain, no thought of me. Nothing.

I’m angry that I still dream of you every night. I’m angry that I can’t go to my favourite place cause it’s tainted with memories of you that I can’t bare to face. I can’t listen to my favourite songs without crying cause they was our songs. I can’t seem to do much without a lingering memory.

My heart still feels heavy and I feel like I’ve got myself in this endless cycle of hurt.

I was in that dark place this morning. The pain hurt so bad in my chest. It was a relief when the tears finally came, but the dark was so bad I couldn't release them for a while. I am getting angry when I think of not only me but the other women who are being torn apart by you. Your ex who tried to kill herself and you are still messing her over, your sweet poor fwb (ex-fwb as you claim but we both know not really.) And, the new little one. So young to learn such a lesson. Not young I guess, but still naive. They don't have the knowledge i have or fortitude and i feel for them and it makes me hate you for their sake. It also makes me want to lash out at you in an ugly way. I know what each person does and allows is their own responsibility but I can't help but think you know you are hurting these girls. And, the way you lied to me is the way you lie to them. I just finally accepted the truth and cut out your lies and saw everything for what it was.. I will begin praying for their eye opening. I want to tell you how bad of a person that makes you in spite of you saying you never want to hurt someone and that you know you are a screwed up person. Well, take responsibility and stop the lying. Give everyone a chance to take it or leave it. The duplicity is what is killing them, and me. Believe me, there are plenty of people who have such low regard for themselves that they will continue with you and allow their boundaries to be redefined - and you would do that to them the same way you were trying with me. But, the point is you don't care. I know you think you are a good person because you can cry when you think of hurting someone but at the same time you hurt people over and over and over again for your benefit. I want to tell you this so badly but I know it wouldn't do any good. You say you are a good person but your actions are always telling the truth when you mouth is running.

I want to read your message.. :( I care so much about what you had to say, your interests, your happiness, your life..

But I know I am way too devoted to you, and so I'm so sorry, but I simply can't read your messages or interact with you. I never wanted to lose everything we built together.. I hate being forced to do this for my own well-being and to not get in the way of you finding your own love or happiness in life.

A breakup is a fatal decision.. a long-term relationship is more than butterflies and infatuation, and a breakup is about being done with both the butterflies/infatuation and all the other benefits of a long-term relationship, like having someone to talk to who knows you so well.. I wish this didn't happen. I lost someone so special to me..