Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Tonight I went out with for a friends birthday but in the back of my head I reminisced on the great times we had together. It makes me sad knowing I need to put those times behind me. I miss you G. Everything happens for a reason, I hope that leads me back to you one day.

Today will be the first time I return to Detroit without you, R.

Today is also the first Detroit Tigers game I will attend without you by my side.

I still look over to my side and see your ghost, smiling at me. I can still feel the warmth of your hand holding mine.

But I must persevere, because you don't miss me at all.

And in time, a new hope will emerge.

I miss you everyday and I love you. When I read back I see that I didn't truly heal from my last relationship of 6 years if I was still writing about it when we got together. I brought those issues into this marriage and ultimately it fell apart, because I was so emotionally exhausted from the last relationship that I didn't try for you. You are correct. Once I got to a point I was healed and wanted to try that is when you checked out. I can't blame you for that, I can't blame you for falling out of love. We both had our issues, but we stuck it out and kept beating a dead horse. I think you're right when you said we were co dependent on each other and now that we are separated living 4 hours away from each other I can gain new clarity. This time I have to take the real time to get over this and heal. I love you so much, I really do, but thank you. Thank you for saying and doing what probably should have been done years ago. I wasn't ready. You knew it deep in your heart, but it still hurts to be without you nonetheless.

Setting up all the furniture this weekend we had planned to buy together for our home and instead I am not only buying it but setting it up by myself this weekend.

With or without you this house will be a home.

I know we both went out and bought couches and chairs after we broke up.

I ended up purchasing every single thing we had planned for the living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, dinning room , and working on the landscaping we had discussed.

Great ideas even though shared are ment to be taken and together we had a lot of great ideas.

I am having trouble saying hateful things so I will say, thank you for waking me up and teaching me to see past the smoke and mirrors.......It is sad that there are manipulating people like you out there, taking advantage of softhearted, loving, giving people. You have taught me to raise my expectations and for that, I am grateful. I have been able to take a good look at myself and I realize, I deserve better. So, there is some good that has come out of this toxic relationship you called "Love". I guess that is the only kind of "Love" you are capable of, addiction, control, deceit, taking advantage, and oh so many other things. I will get past this. You will be, "Somebody I used to know", and you will still be "You". I, will be a better person for it.

I love you, I can't make you fall back in love with me or take the bad things I did away that broke your heart over the years. We did this to each other and now that we are hours apart, I find myself thinking more and more about what you're doing or who you're talking to. I guess it's none of my business. You're still my wife, or at least I still consider you my wife until we officially get the divorce. I don't want to give up on us, on my step kids that I raised, I need you to be strong too, but I know the truth in my heart. It's been 31 days since I last saw you and last held you. I just want to say I'm sorry.

P I don't know why I have undervalued and cheapened myself and allowed my integrity and dignity to slip for what??

For some reason the sexy messages... crumbs of affection and limited attention I get by your messages make me think you want me somehow.

The sex demands. as well as your restricted timeslots to meet for sex leaves me cold and unwanted.

Your messages asking me to come to your flat made me feel special and that you wanted me, then you stopped mid sex saying you have to finish another time as you had work n offered weakly for us to to get away???

It felt like you only said that for the sake of it, to tell me what I want to hear, or let me down gently... you can't even spare one hour of your time as you go to look after your 'mum' after 8 and stay there... that's it it is your mum.

I know our affair has been sex based and we've both used one another, but I thought we both felt something for each other.

Since telling you about the ovarian cysts I feel like you're disgusted and since leaving your flat I feel rejected, and uncared for, like a freak I've turned you off 😢

I'm hurt and confused as to why you decided to not want me, or want to contact me, you've stayed off WhatsApp and have apparently blocked me? Why not just tell me to off?

Just a few weeks ago you have said you love me and asked me to leave s and live with you?!

Yet I'm hurting because it will be one week tomorrow since you decided to blank me. I've tried to not contact you but have found it so hard it's eating away

From here on in I'm going to work on self preservation and refrain from contacting you x

I just feel that I was convenient to you... just someone to be with and company until you found someone you really wanted. You try to pretend that you care and that you really want me to be happy but I just feel that you simply don't care and that you said the nice things you said just so that I didn't bother you and just so that you could live your relationship with her without me bothering you.

So I will do what you want. I won't bother you. I'll go away and you won't even notice I'm alive and well. Be happy with her. Honestly I'm starting not to care. I'm not being that petty... I really want you to be happy and I think that you're nice, but I just don't see you in the same light anymore... you kind of disappointed me. I'll live with that and move on, but you saying we can be friends again because the connection you had was so special is just an illusion and something just to calm me. I don't need that... I'm realistic... it's over, friendship and love.

Another hard night, such raw emotion in the depth of my soul. I long for you, but I know I need to get better. It will get better, I still cry everyday and think of you 24hrs without much sleep. I've lost a lot of freaking weight, but that could also be the result of the gym as well. I miss you Angel. You are my heart and my soul. You are the reason I had to get help to cope with the illnesses I had as to not repeat them. I will come back a stronger person with a better career and head on my shoulders. It's you I have to thank and will thank when the time comes. Angel, you are not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside too. I haven't anything bad to say about you, because you really are a good woman. I broke your heart years ago over and over so I have to face the consequences of the person you are now due to it. I realized too late what I had and that will be my biggest regret in life.

Why would you lie straight to my eyes? I was very clear about how i feel and told you that you have the chance to leave and never contact again or stay and start a relationship! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SAY THAT YOU HAVE FEELINGS and suddenly disappear for days and not even speaking with me ...

That's what i want to ask ...

Thanks for the thread!

Well I feel completely stupid. I guess when you started your job that "ugly, fat guy with a gf" was just a friend. Funnily enough, now you're with him in a relationship. We aren't even separated for a few weeks and you are moved on from our 6 year marriage. I should have seen the signs when I was there. The coming home late, saying I was too controlling and dismissing your own kids for your phone. You spoke about him a lot and I just figured he was someone you just liked to talk to from work. What a slap in the face. The picture of you kissing him didn't help either. Damn Angel. Ouch. It's okay though, I just want your happiness and I will ride this wave out.

Miss you today. It feels different though. I miss you as my best friend, the good times we had together. It's hard not to look back on the fun days and seeing you smile. I know you're gone, but you will always have a special place in my heart. I will never forget you and I hope you never forget me because we shared some amazing moments together.

I look forward to the day I can look back on these memories and smile instead of feeling sad.

We both deserve happiness. As we go our separate ways in life I hope you find what you're looking for. Maybe one day we will meet again.