Post here instead of contacting your ex!

How can you forget so easily? How is it possible that you don't miss me or care about me at all? I just don't understand. You're positively sadistic. It isn't fair that you're so happy while I'm suffering like this. What happened to karma? What happened to "what goes around comes around?" What happened to actions having consequences? I feel like a little kid for thinking this, but it just isn't fair.

I feel like I could've written this.

Dear Ex,

I feel so guilty for going NC. And Im thisclose to breaking it.

You have less than 2 months to stay in the States. It's scary.

I know you still want to talk to me, but it didnt dawn on me til today that maybe that was part of the reason, along with your other motives.

I'm so torn.

Looking back, I don't think there was a single thing I could've done to make our relationship work. Relationships take two and you were never willing to put in your part to save it. Bottling up your feelings would never work, the only way to solve things is through healthy communication - which we never had any of. Even post break up the small amount of communication we have had has always been you blaming me for *everything* that went wrong. Not talking about it, just saying "you screwed up, not me".

I wonder if you've ever stopped to consider how badly you treated me, that I had emotions too - I just didn't throw them around as weapons. I wonder if you will repeat the same pattern with your next partner. I wonder if you'll compare him to me and see how hard I really tried. I wonder if you'll ever regret the way you treated me. I wonder if you'll regret your unwillingness to communicate. I wonder if your strong stance against divorce is going to ever outlast your "I want to feel good right now" attitude. I wonder if you miss me right now.

I miss you. I hate it that you probably don't miss me at all. I hate it that we didn't work things out.

This is the last time I e-mail you...ever. I just deleted you off my phone and I don't remember the number. I'm deleting all of the contact information on gmail and elsewhere. Your cold and distant attitude may land you somewhere in life...but I'm through...for good.

It's time to move on.

I never lied to you, I never cheated, pretended, or talked * * * * about you.

I'm not perfect but I was as good as I was able to be in our relationship, you didn't try half as hard as I did.

If my all is not good enough for you, then you are DEFINETLY noot good enough for me!

Goodbye.

I was thinking about my life, and the path to take from here, and I realized something.

I have made a ton of mistakes in my life, but I have always rolled with the punches and made the best of my situation, until you. What happened between you and I is the only real mistake I've made that I truly, deeply regret. I regret what I put you through so much - I'm still unable to entirely forgive and forget what happened.

Someday, I hope we can talk, and actually treat one another decently. I think I will always hope for that.

I can completely relate to this. No communication whatsoever. I don't think he ever once apologized to me for anything. I was always begging for forgiveness, begging to work things out. "If we're meant to be, I shouldn't have to try." BS.

And I wonder if he's different with her. Why is she special? Are they really happy together? Don't the same problems keep popping up because he won't fix them? Do they never fight? Does she have some magic power to make him completely satisfied?

Dear Ex,

I feel so guilty for going NC. And Im thisclose to breaking it.

You have less than 2 months to stay in the States. It's scary.

I know you still want to talk to me, but it didnt dawn on me til today that maybe that was part of the reason, along with your other motives.

I'm so torn.

I feel like I'm thisclose to breaking NC. A part of me feels panicky, and I wonder how he's feeling and how he'll react. Or if he's gotten tired of me. It's weird. On one hand, I want to talk to him to relieve my guilt. And on the other hand, I want to over-talk to him, just so he'll blow cold and leave me alone afterwards.

I dont know what to do

I checked my email. To find the original NC email I sent you. * * * * . My computer's already erased it. Eff me.

I guess its safe to assume that an ex doesnt want anything to do with me if she hasnt responded to anything Ive said for 2 weeks, except that she said some of the things I said scared her, and she cant be friends because of it. that we should both move on.

Prior to this things were great for a relationship that was based on distance. Everytime we were togather things were perfect! Maybe things were never what I thought they were, but I never made her say I love you...and she said it for the first time 2 weeks before we broke up. She said distance was the issue, and that she needed me to be there....she cried, said things were perfect, and that I was perfect for her. She said she loved the way I had treated her. She hoped we could be friends and still wanted to hang out. she new I hope to move there this coming summer and said hopefully than things can work. I feel like if that was the only reason things would be different. or I dont know!!! I drive myself nuts wondering. the only thing Ive said to her was thoughts about us and wondering why it went that way. maybe silly little things she used to say. Basically what drove her to the point of saying I cant talk to her, is me showing her I cared for her and had feelings for her. Maybe text got missinterperated, or maybe it was just too much so she withdrew. I tried hard to n/c but my thoughts get the best of me and I send another text I almost know wont receive a responce. Im trying to do the right thing, but moving on from someone who had such a hard time leaving me doesnt seem right! especially because I would give the girl the world if I could.. I messed up today and sent her anyother text that didnt get a reply. shes been posting country songs on facebook about sappy love things. I duno if there someone else. or she is hoping I feel that way, but is affraid to respond because of the distance.

I see you for what you were now---you were just like all the other dysfunctional creepy boyfriends I have had. What a letdown. That's why I didn't want to let go so badly, I didn't want to believe that all my relationships have been horrible. I have never had a good relationship--GREAT. I'm determined to make one work next time--and now I know even people like you can be screwed up. I won't be fooled by anyone ever again and I'm not going to settle for anyone. It was a hard lesson to learn but I'm really grateful because it has brought me so much clarity after so many years of wondering why I was so unhappy. You don't deserve me and I know that now. I'm finally free of all the negativity and I know I can have a normal relationship now--because I'm strong enough to seek out what I want and I don't feel obligated to keep giving chances to people who don't deserve them. I really think you have some serious issues but you're going to have to figure that out yourself. I deserve to be happy : )

I can completely relate to this. No communication whatsoever. I don't think he ever once apologized to me for anything. I was always begging for forgiveness, begging to work things out. "If we're meant to be, I shouldn't have to try." BS.

And I wonder if he's different with her. Why is she special? Are they really happy together? Don't the same problems keep popping up because he won't fix them? Do they never fight? Does she have some magic power to make him completely satisfied?

Yep, I wonder the same things. As far as I know, she's not with anyone new, but I wonder about her next partner - how could they possibly not face the same issues with her unwillingness to communicate. Will she learn from our relationship - was I just a stepping stone? How could she have learned anything if she truly believes I was the one totally at fault?

My ex said the same thing - "If we're meant to be, I shouldn't have to try". But a relationship with zero communication can't survive. I asked her to talk to her parents about it and see that communication is important. She wouldn't, she didn't care enough to. I was "the problem". I took the blame for everything.

I feel so defeated today. I don't know if the rumor is true or not. Are you really engaged to her? Who knows? Does it matter?

It feels like someone is continually beating me into the ground with a giant mallet. First, the break up. Then, your relationship with her. Now this? It's hard to handle. I knew this would happen some day, but I was hoping it'd be in the distant future, at a time when I could handle it.

The whole world just seems worse today. Even my snake attacked me for no good reason. I just can't wrap my head around it. How can you forget? How can I mean so little to you? You don't even care that I exist. You didn't even say goodbye.

You used to promise you'd buy a ring for me some day. Don't you remember? Your happiness makes me ill. I'm such a horrible person for feeling this way, but I just want you to be miserable! I don't want to be suffering alone! You're supposed to miss me!

I just can't forget. All of those promises meant something to me. Were they just empty words? You swore you'd stay with me until the day one of us died. So how can you move on so easily? Don't you feel even a little bit guilty?

I can't seem to let go. I feel bound by my promises even though you have broken yours.

I just keep thinking, "Not this again." My first love started dating someone and married her after only a month. It was devastating. Why does history repeat itself? Why am I so easy to forget? Am I really that unextraordinary?

I don't even want to celebrate my birthday next week. I don't feel like having a party. I don't feel like doing anything. I can't handle this. It's too much.

• Like 1

so woke up this morning feeling fat, old, ugly. used up. discarded.

G, L and T...all three of you combined with your * * * * has brought me to this point today. infact all boyfriends i have had have played a part in who i am today....so damaged beyond repair i simply cannot get involved with someone again. how utterly sad. i have so much love to give within a union with another man, yet it seems i will not find what i want and need here on this earth, in this lifetime. i cannot be undone, no amount of therapy will help, because therapy cannot change what man is. self esteem? yeah i have bits of it, funnily more so when i am single. but you boyfriends of past hammered it in to me i was never ever good enough, someone else was always better, more beautiful, younger, more talented, more dynamic, funnier, more magnetic. i hope you are all with those fabulous women, both in real life and those you idolised on the screen. i hope they are making you happy now. i am dating myself, i am doing all the loving things for myself. my body may be getting older, and show the changes that having children bring, show the lines that have been etched in sorrow and happiness, but it is amazing nonetheless and i am grateful to be healthy. and my body doesnt need to be around men who find fault with it, and i dont need to be around men projecting their insecurities onto me....i have absorbed enough of them for far too long.

but i hold the thought of a great, wise, amazing man who did value me, and teach me i am a prize. at least i can say i did meet such a wonderful man, some do not even have that in life. for that i am truly, eternaly grateful

ive been doing a lot of thinking. racking my brain and reading deep into a lot of things.

i realized something... its not that i cant be your friend... its that i dont want to.

being your friend depresses the * * * * out of me. it angers me.

it bothers me to know that you dont care. i've told you 100 times now that that's how i think of you,

and you can't even be bothered to try and show me im wrong.

out of all the times i bugged out and said that you don't care... you never once said "yes i do care, you're wrong."

not once. you ignored me every single time.

and then days later, after ignoring me and the way it made me feel even worse, you say to me "well i let you calm down and think before i talk to you"

yet i still keep thinking the same things over and over again....no matter how calm i am.

and even when we do talk, you just continue to blame me. you never once came to me and said

"you know, i was thinking about what you said...." and started a conversation on your own.

you never once said "you're right, i could have been there a little more" -- like i have said to you.

you probably don't remember it... it was in january 2010. you were going through the beginning stages of the MS thing.

you sent me a text message and told me "it botheres me that you know i'm going through hell and not once

have you tried to come see me."

i read that and my heart sank, so i replied saying "you know what? you're right. i could have been more supportive. i'm sorry. i'll come over friday night and see you.."

but you never did anything like that. you never once thought about how i was feeling.... just about yourself.

...and when i got there that friday night, you spent 90% of the time on the phone with one of your friends while i sat

quietly on the couch in your living room, and then watched you make plans

to hang out with him, telling me "ughh i'm getting dragged out again...."

you acted surprised when i said i was gonna leave.

i drove all the way out there for nothing...just for you to sit on the phone and flirt with your guy friend.

that's the type of * * * * i mean when i say that you don't care... you don't act like a friend should. do you think i'd ever act like that to you?

do you think if i know you drove an hour out of your way to my place to hang out with me, that i'd spend that time on the phone with some girl making plans to go hang out with her?

i'd never do that. if someone called me while we were hanging out, i'd have told them i was busy and we'll hang out another night.

but that's just me.

here i sit on a regular basis upset and frustrated

and you just do nothing but ignore me and hope the problem goes away on its own.

yeah, you're going through what you are - i feel sorry for you for it, and sometimes i wish

that i could be there and do good - but you are who you are. i am who i am. that won't change.

a friendship between us will never work, just like a relationship between us didnt, and wouldnt work either.

just like i jokingly told you in the beginning.... "an ex is an ex for a reason. if it didn't work the first time, it won't work a second time."

you tell me that i'm some kind of alcoholic and i haven't shown you i can change and this and that,

but you never spent any time with me to see what i'm like. you were never there, as a potential relationship

or as a friend to try and see for yourself what was there for you.

i never got the chance to get comfortable with you and get use to being around you.

i can change. very easily. but like i've said so many times, i have no reason to.

i say that to you because you've never given me a reason to.

in fact, scratch that....i have changed. i've changed in so many ways over the last few years, it's not my fault

you haven't seen it.

i'm not the same giggling drug addict i use to be. i don't lie to you, don't hide * * * * from you... i don't blow you off and ignore you when you try and get in touch with me. if for some reason i take forever to get back in touch, it's because i simply

dont get your call or text or IM or whatever.. the only times i ignore you is when i'm feeling like this and know that

talking to you won't change anything.

i sat there and spent time on the phone with you, even when i was out with my friends.

i spent many nights on the phone with you for hours - because i enjoyed talking to you so much.

i can remember plenty of nights i was at a bar hanging out with my buddies, and i'd go outside to talk to you.

sometimes i'd spend more than an hour out there - and my friends would get pissed at me.

you never did that for me. every time i called you and you were busy with your friends it was always "i'm out, i'll call you back later.."

and half the time i was lucky to hear back from you, and the times i did - it was just for you to bullsh*t with me for 5 minutes and then say you were going to bed.

i can remember countless nights i'd sit on the phone with you until the early morning hours, watching boring TV shows with you and bullsh*tting on the phone until you were ready to go to sleep.

i can remember all those nights where you'd pretend to "fall asleep right after work" when you were really just hanging out with your friend Tom,

and would try and get in touch with me at 12, 1, or 2 am.... and i'd sit online and talk to you even though i had to get up early the next day. or i'd stay up and wait to hear from you because

i wanted to talk to you.

but back in the day i use to tell you "i dont wanna talk on the phone. i'd rather text or IM u" and even then i'd

get easily distracted and would shift my attention elsewhere.

back in the day it was such a hastle to keep in touch with me.

...but i can't change, right?

i spent so much time over the last couple of years thinking about you and fighting myself over what i was thinking,

that i lost sight in what was really important.... me. my happiness.

ive said so many things to you, and put myself out there in tons of different ways - and you just blow me off every time.

i bug out at you because i feel you deserve it, and then i feel like * * * * for days because of it, convincing myself that

i was wrong to say such mean things to you and i was the one with the problem.

i wrote you letters, sent you long messages, opened up everything i could to try and get you to care, just to fail.

just to sit around and watch you care less and less every time.

i don't know why you want to be friends with me. maybe you like the "attention" even though i let you make most of the first contacts between us.

maybe you're insecure and don't know any better.

maybe it's an ego boost for you to know that somebody out there cares for you so much it drives them nuts... i don't know, and i've spent countless time trying to figure it out.

the only thing i do know, is that one day you're gonna wake up and it's going to hit you. you're going to see things in a different light,

and you're going to regret a lot of things.

this will be one of them. one day you'll say to yourself "man, if i could go back in time..."

but by then, i'll be long gone.

i've said it before, and i'll say it again....

it's such a damn shame.

I just want my stuff back so I can block you out of my life and forget you forever. Why do you feel I don't "deserve it"? Since when do I need to "deserve" something that is rightfully mine? You are messed in the head. I don't owe you anything, you're a slimy piece of * * * * . If you don't contact me in the next month and offer it back things might get nasty. I can clearly see why some of your ex's have treated you like garbage in the past. Because that's what you deserve! You get what you give!

So frustrated with myself the past few days. I wish I could get off this rollercoaster of emotions. I wish I could move out of this damn house NOW and draw a line under all this . It feels like you are still my present, when really you are my past. I'm definitely relegated to your past, that's for sure.

I don't understand how, in previous weeks, I could feel so strong and convinced I'd had 'a lucky escape' from you and suddenly I miss you so much again. * * * is that all about huh? I'm tired of feeling this way and tired of worrying about everything. I'm just tired. I want to let it all go and get on with my life, but until the house is sold and I've moved out I'm not sure I can do that completely. And I still care about you so much. I don't want to see you get yourself into a sticky situation, but I know it's out of my control and you have to figure it out for yourself now. I need to let you go, but I don't know how. It's weird because we were friends for four years before we got together and now I feel like I'm back in friend mode, worrying about you and the decisions you're making. How effed up is that? You lied and cheated on ME, and I'm worried about you?? Or is it just some effed up way of me refusing to accept that you don't need me anymore? Somehow convinced that when it all goes wrong you'll come running to me for help? Perhaps I underestimate you. You'll probably be fine and it'll all work out.

I have to learn to care more about myself and make sure things work out for me too. I know that's the most important thing.

Still feeling defeated. There is no hope. If you really are engaged, there's definitely no reconnecting in several years. I know there are better men out there. I'm not such a fool to think you were perfect. You weren't. Even what we had wasn't perfect. But it was special to me. The way we meshed and connected was like nothing I've ever felt before. We just clicked like two puzzle pieces.

I just can't try again. I've had my heart broken twice now, and twice I'll have to watch a man I love so dearly marry someone else. I can't risk that happening again. It isn't worth it. I'm done.

I trusted you. You knew my past. It's like this was carefully planned out just to watch me suffer. I don't understand what happened, and I probably never will. Did you ever love me?

i just dont get you

i think its me who's stupid though

all those texts on saturday night..and then nothing since???

why did i allow myself to get sucked into a silly jokey conversation with you and then you drop me like a piece of dirt again?

its my fault

but you should have left me alone

Stop trying to get with my cousin you a$$hole. Can't believe I wasted so much time on you, it's been over for months, I have someone new & yet you are still around irking the crap outta me. Like she wasn't gonna tell me what you were saying & I wouldn't see the comments on her pictures. Keep on trying to disrespect me with my family and me & my cousin will take your ass down. Jerk!

Think I would feel better if I said all this to him, but I really, really don't want to talk to him.

I don't even know anymore....I know things will never go back to being the way they were....not even close. But it doesn't stop me from missing it and wanting it. I wish I could just call you up, like no time has passed and have you back in my life. I miss you more then I know how to put into words....even though I shouldn't. Do you miss me too? I doubt it....