Ask Women Thread

tasha1133

Two questions:

1) How important is it to a female that the guy be physically fit? Like being cut versus being a thin guy.

2) A guy loses a lot of weight but has minor stretch marks, either by his arms/shoulders or his obliques/love handle areas, how unappealing (if it bothers you) would you find it?

As a rule I'm not really into thin guys because I'm not a thin girl; I'm muscley and strong and being with a thin guy would probably make me feel manly.

Stretchmarks on a guy? I wouldn't notice. I have stretch marks too. They're pretty much a fact of life.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two questions:

1) How important is it to a female that the guy be physically fit? Like being cut versus being a thin guy.

2) A guy loses a lot of weight but has minor stretch marks, either by his arms/shoulders or his obliques/love handle areas, how unappealing (if it bothers you) would you find it?

1. I find fit muscular bodies very attractive in themselves, but it's not a priority. I've fooled around with maybe 2 guys with really great bodies, and I have to admit it was a big turn-on, but for the most part the initial things I'm attracted to are face and personality. I have found myself attracted to many a skinny guy. Just as long as he's taller than me since I'm quite tall myself. What a woman's attracted to may have more to do with her own build, because generally we don't want to dwarf our partner in size or weight.

2. I've got stretch marks too. Doesn't bother me in the least. I may notice once and then forever forget their presence

Do you think dating involves looks primarily?

So if you are short and ugly you will never find a good looking woman in your life?

I've been told that decent self esteem, security and things like going for what you want is more important than looks.

Sure there is no point denying girls like tall and ripped guys but I've been told that physical attraction always comes first to girls by my friends who are good with ladies.

Unfortunately, looks do count, but I think it depends on the arena in which you meet someone that really makes the difference.

For example, if you are just hanging out at a bar, the likelyhood of someone attractive randomly picking you out of the crowd to hit on is probably slim...but in a situation like you and a group of friends going out, and there is an attractive girl in the group that you have never met before, and she is sitting around the table conversing and she picks up on your personality...then you may become more physically attractive due to who you are...not based solely on looks.

it is too bad the world is like that...but it is.

How bad are "BAD" reputations to a girl? Like being a dirty pervert, being really goofy, knowing that everyone knows that you are desperate...those sort of things? AND How do you shake it off?

All the things you listed above is very off-putting to me. I believe in "where there's smoke, there's fire", so if there's a bad reputation "warning", then I take note and I am more aware. I would give the guy a chance, but if he proves that the bad rep he has is true, then I'm outta there, lol. Also, being desperate is the worst thing ever - in BOTH genders. Desperate turns into needy, clingy, smothering and makes me head for the hills.

Damn, I'm done for. Making fun of myself and telling people I'm a virgin, are the only things I got going for me. When I'm trying to keep it cool, people hate it. They want me to act like an idiot in front of people, and when I don't they say "I'm not being myself." This Reputation is not cool.

They want me to act like an idiot in front of people, and when I don't they say "I'm not being myself." This Reputation is not cool.

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but are you saying you have a reputation for acting like an idiot? Or you always act like an idiot when in the company of others?

If so, then don't be too surprised if you don't score many dates. I don't think many women would be falling all over a guy who acts like an idiot, or a desperado, or any of the other things you listed, like a dirty pervert, etc.

Do you think dating involves looks primarily?

So if you are short and ugly you will never find a good looking woman in your life?

I've been told that decent self esteem, security and things like going for what you want is more important than looks.

Sure there is no point denying girls like tall and ripped guys but I've been told that physical attraction always comes first to girls by my friends who are good with ladies.

Looks do count, there's no denying that. And I've been with good looking men, but the guy I ended up with isn't a tall, ripped, god of beauty. hes an average joe, who i learned to love because of who he is. people may have preferences to begin with, but its not every girl around that can't get past good looks!

Looks count but someone, somewhere out there, thinks you're attractive. It's a matter of finding them.

Dougie D, you just described my biggest turn-offs in a nutshell. I cannot stand guys who put themselves down, or girls, for that matter. It's disgusting.

What's the difference between how you act with a guy you are interested in, and one you have doomed to the abyss of the friend zone? Because its surprisingly difficult to tell.

what you talk about and body language.

if you interested in someone you would more likely talk and act to impress, engaging conversation but being aloof. Generally putting your best foot forward. digging for more info about that person, because you want to get to know them.

Someone you see in the friends zone, you'd start talking to them about waxing and shopping and how this outfit does nothing to flatter you or, what food you like best... topics more neutral, non flirtatious and very comfortable.

Of course different women may differ in how they cat but i hope this gives you some sort of idea.

Looks count but someone, somewhere out there, thinks you're attractive. It's a matter of finding them.

Dougie D, you just described my biggest turn-offs in a nutshell. I cannot stand guys who put themselves down, or girls, for that matter. It's disgusting.

What about a guy who can make fun of himself? I don't put myself down but I can use my disadvantages to my advantage. I used to be poor so I would joke about having mayonaise for thanksgiving.

Ok I'll ask a few questions.

1. Your ears, somehow its sensual to touch them in some way. If you do like them to be touched, in what way do you like it? What do you like to be done to them?

2. Do you like kissing during sex? I love it, but sometimes I feel stupid and I don't know if the girl wants it or not, if I'm taking focus off of the sex or if I'm making it better or what?!

3. How much does the particular style of clothing a guy wears matter to you? I have this like, urban ghetto style. I am a metalhead, but I always loved the gangsta look. Although I don't look like a complete thug lol. I just like the style, but sometimes I think maybe girls might be afraid of me because I have that urban style.

4. Are guys who are passionate about a nerdy hobby turn you off? (nerdy girls need not answer, I know you already probably like nerdy guys lol)

I guess that's it for now lol.

First off, the mayo joke made me laugh. I would find it to be funny if you said something like that.

1.) If a guy would whisper in my ears randomly.. oiiiiiiiiiiii

2.) I would think if you didn't kiss at all it would feel a little like hooker sex? Just go with the moment and do what feels right to you. You would probably be a lot more comfortable with this in a relationship I am guessing?

3.) Clothing style doesn't matter too much to me as long as they don't look like they are way too into themselves. That is just a put off. Interests are way above clothes for me. If you like good metal and yet don't fit the total package I would be intrigued (as I am the same way).

4.) For me many passions can be a turn on depending on how it is done. If they go on about it all the time or are only focused on one things I dislike (such as watching football) then yeah it is a turn off. If they liked watching football as a past time but had a life outside of that then whatever.

1. i find that kissing and whispering into my ears is a great turn-on, probably the same for quite a few women.

2. I love kissing during sex, don't think that you're taking the focus away from the sex, actually you're only heightening the sensations. Its a good thing! =)

3.Hmmm tough one. personally, I don't jump to stereotyping just because some one dresses in a particular way, although i do know that some girls do, i think its your call on that one. I think if you click though you can get past that.

4.personally, i like nerdy guys, but then again, the answer to that would be relative depending on what a girl likes or dislikes.

Archived