That Fat Guy...Some unbiased opinions please.

there is a body mass index but its not good as it only takes account of height/ weight. muscle weighs more then fat so very musclar people show up as unhealthy.

i think you look good.if you get thinner and have to struggle to maintain the lower weight that could be a problem.

Thanks everyone.!! I appreciate the feedback. Yes I pushed too hard a few months back and nearly killed myself but if we worry about that Ill stop living while I am alive. My cardiologist said to build up my fitness to where I am comfortable and so thats what I have been doing.

I agree another5 to 10 pounds should have me mentally and physically peaking.

Debaser Im thick lol. You sound like my wife..hehe.

SeriouslY though yes ..in the past week I have stepped up my walking /running to 1 1/2 hours a day. The past week has seen my bodyfat tumble. So hopefully in the next two months I will reach a decent physical state. An hour ago I hit 25 percent so I have dropped 2 percent this week. I am happy with the rate of body recomposition and fat loss.

The old fella wants to be the best he can and with more energy I can do it. I have too much left in me to wait for medical marvells. We have to take responsibility.

I despised not being mentally as clear and not having energy...its a different kettle of fish lately.

True..restriction is a negative word so yes I eat everything occasionally and still drop the fat steadily.

Good to see you buddy..

Good to see you too

Yeah if you cut out everything religiously, it becomes very difficult plus eating a burger or a steak every now and then isn't bad for you anyway. I know a couple of people who just went to salad, strictly, and I often worry that they won't get enough protein or enjoyment out of their diet.

Sounds like you are doing well, keep going

Thanks all. Good ideas and advice coming in on this thread for me. I agree that I need to get some more fat of my midsection and maintain the weights. My goal was to achieve my goals by December and so it is a work in progress. Indeed I am looking for where my body is maintaineable and realistic fitness program.I dont want to get fit and stop because the program was too impractical to keep doing. I am doing it gently with this in mind.

I am trying to get a little bigger/stronger as well but not big big. I have put on around 4 lbs of muscle in the past 6 weeks so this is good..

Good to see you too

Yeah if you cut out everything religiously, it becomes very difficult plus eating a burger or a steak every now and then isn't bad for you anyway. I know a couple of people who just went to salad, strictly, and I often worry that they won't get enough protein or enjoyment out of their diet.

Sounds like you are doing well, keep going

I am with you on the protein. I went through a time when I cut meat out of my diet and when I went back to try and intergrate it in my diet, I felt ill.

Moderation in best.

Be careful about not overstressing your joints by running too much. Many joggers get real joint trouble in their later years from pounding the pavement too much, and need knee and hip replacements. An hour and a half of jogging is too much per day.

You should probably try to mix in low impact aerobics or just walk more. Just walking has been shown to be extremely effective for weight loss.

Well first off congratulations on your weight loss! You look really good and have nice arm muscles!

Second, if you are wanting to put on more muscle and have a more "cut" look, you would need to lose more body fat for it to show, but since you seem to be doing so well with your program and are very motivated, it probably won't be terribly difficult.

link removed

This e-book is a really great tool for weight-loss. I'm not personally doing it because I'm at a good weight, but I'm watching my mother shrink before my eyes and she's close to 50. She's lost around 20 lbs in the past few months and is aiming to lose 30 more and do some heavy duty body building.

The trainer who created the book is really cool as well. She has lots of podcasts to listen to, and I've down loaded a lot onto my ipod that I listen to when I go running. I have never ran in my life until this summer when i started the Couch to 5K program and I have just completed my first 30 minutes! It's thrilling to be changing these things.

Anyway, I hope you check out that link I posted. She also has her own webpage with articles and stuff: link removed I love listening to her podcasts when I exercise.

You are doing a fantastic job!

Archived