That Fat Guy...Some unbiased opinions please.

Well from being a fat guy back last year till yesterday this is what I am looking like at the moment. I feel I need to loose some more fat.

Back then my gut was big and I could not walk too far nor lift slightly heavy things.

For those who posted here and helped me with their advice I say thank you. There is more work to be done...

People I need your opinion.Do you think I will look small if I drop some more fat? I was at 35% bodyfat In December now at 26% I feel I must lose more.What do you think?

hmm, I think you look alright like that. But maybe do some (more?) weight training? lol

Haha..not about getting too big ..just wondering if I am heading towards puniness? If I lose more fat I will look more cut and bigger as the illusion of size comes with the fat reduction.

I think you look pretty good right now. If you lose more weight, I think you will look a little smaller, maybe a bit small for your age.

Thank you.

Hmm I am in 2 minds about taking down the weight.For my frame I want to not look too small.I like looking full but not fat as I was a few months back.

Well I can assure you, no one would call you fat at the stage you're at now.

Good Thats something I wanted an opinion on so thank you. I may try to simply stay the same size and get slightly bigger with lean muscle if I can... I am on a roll and want to see if an older family guy at my age can have safer lower bodyfat ,feel my best and if looking better is a side effect well anyone can live with that.

I think theirs a scale as to what weight should a dude have which relies on ones height. Ever heard of it?

Body mass index.Or body fat..Yes I should be around 22% to be average and 18% to be in the best range. I am just not sure if their info is right..Maybe they want us to look like weeds?

In all honesty, I think you look just fine....although it is hard to tell given it's a black shirt and front-on angle. Your arms look nice and cut though so I'm assuming the rest (in your OP you mentioned your ex-gut) is fine as well.

PS--congrats on all the weight loss! Not an easy thing to achieve!

BMI is a really inaccurate measure of height/weight and health. It's useless if you have a lot of muscle mass.

True...this is why so far I am judging it primarily on how healthy i feel and getting a realistic idea on where its heading.. I need more work on this body..but not much more..

True...this is why so far I am judging it primarily on how healthy i feel and getting a realistic idea on where its heading.. I need more work on this body..but not much more..

A good benchmark aesthetically would be clothing. If you can look good in clothing that is made for, say, 30 year olds, I think you can pretty much say "WOOHOO I'M HOT!"

In all honesty, I think you look just fine....although it is hard to tell given it's a black shirt and front-on angle. Your arms look nice and cut though so I'm assuming the rest (in your OP you mentioned your ex-gut) is fine as well.

PS--congrats on all the weight loss! Not an easy thing to achieve!

Thank you .My arms are cut but the rest of me is not. However Clothes look better and my tummy is very close to flat. I have discovered one thing though. Mums are the worst people to ask for an independent opinion...she wants me fat!

My wife says it is great but she also seems to think not much more... I think i will aim to get a totally flat midsection and then maintain that...

Thank you .My arms are cut but the rest of me is not. However Clothes look better and my tummy is very close to flat. I have discovered one thing though. Mums are the worst people to ask for an independent opinion...she wants me fat!

My wife says it is great but she also seems to think not much more... I think i will aim to get a totally flat midsection and then maintain that...

haha, I'll lend you my mom for a day. She won't be wanting you fat. Borderline-anorexic is her ideal...but that's a whole other story

I think that sounds like a totally reasonable goal to achieve. Don't go overboard but there's certainly nothing wrong/overboard about a flat tummy

A good benchmark aesthetically would be clothing. If you can look good in clothing that is made for, say, 30 year olds, I think you can pretty much say "WOOHOO I'M HOT!"

I do wear that clothing very well now...not before. I feel lighter more mental energy and yes a well being that I have not felt for years.

My heart operation a few years back seems like a world away despite a recent hospital visit...it wasnt my ticker thank heavens. The doctors and family kept telling me to take it easy but I am not a hermit crab...I have always been on the move...Not stopping because of a few numbers in my age..

BMI based on height/weight is just a rough estimate. It will vary a lot based on how large your frame/bones/muscles are.

there are weight scales you can buy now that send a bit of current up thru your frame when you weigh yourself on them, to measure resistance (percentage water and fat has a lot of water in it and conducts electricity at a different rate) so that it can differentiate muscle and bone from fat and tell you a true percentage. I have one of these and they are very useful to tell you your actual fat percentage and track your progress.

Here are some examples:

link removed

haha, I'll lend you my mom for a day. She won't be wanting you fat. Borderline-anorexic is her ideal...but that's a whole other story

I think that sounds like a totally reasonable goal to achieve. Don't go overboard but there's certainly nothing wrong/overboard about a flat tummy

Overboard no...life was meant to be balanced and i listen to my body. If I feel sick.I rest. If I reach a point where the stress is too much..I take a break. Too many push on in the name of fitness only to injure themselves or reach burnout. Not me.

Whats your mums address so we can arrange for them to meet? Maybe something can go right there?lol

BMI based on height/weight is just a rough estimate. It will vary a lot based on how large your frame/bones/muscles are.

there are weight scales you can buy now that send a bit of current up thru your frame when you weigh yourself on them, to measure resistance (percentage water and fat has a lot of water in it and conducts electricity at a different rate) so that it can differentiate muscle and bone from fat and tell you a true percentage. I have one of these and they are very useful to tell you your actual fat percentage and track your progress.

Here are some examples:

link removed

I have the tanita scales..they are brilliant to steer a fat loss body recomposition pursuit

Have you talked to your doctor about your weight loss goals?

I know you were hospitalized recently for heart issues so I'm assuming you're now on a heart-healthy nutrition plan?

If you wanted to lose 5-10 more pounds it would probably be just a matter of adding some more cardio to your routine. Just be sure you have your doctor's blessing for your plan.

Archived