A miracle happened to me last week, last tuesday i met an amazing guy that i'll never forget. We met on facebook and we started talking i found out his cousin is in my year and that Jack the boy i met lives a few roads down from me. We spent a week talking and he told me he really liked me and that i was funny, intresting and beautiful. We arranged yestarday to meet but there was one thing holding me back...i have a condition that i dont really want to talk about but it affects my self confidence levels and i was afraid if i met him he wouldnt accept me for me. I went online yestarday and he was on and i just opened up to him about my condition cos he deserved that much as i didnt turn up at his door. He told me *why would that change how i feel about you?. I love you for who you are not what condition you do or don't have." i know it seems sudden to love someone in just a week and you'll probably think its impossible but when you talk to someone that much its not. Yestarday i came back online in the evening and he told me that he just found out hes being shipped of to a boarding school and that hes not allowed no phones or computers. my heart just broke i dont understand how things can go from amazing to * * * * . It seemed so sudden and i was holding back tears then the time came when he said *i got to go if i dont come online tomorrow i love you and have a great life* i text him today to see if he wanted to say goodbye in person but he hasnt replied. i cant believe hes just gone and all i can do is watch him leave. Knowing that i will never be able to speak to him again its just breaking me aprt right now i havent felt so worse in all my life. I'll never be able to understand how he could just slip through my fingers it is so frustrating. I don't know how i'm going to get through this. Does anyone have any simular experiences? how did u cope with it?.

Hi Loriana,

I'm sorry this happened to you. You sound very hurt. I am a little leary of the story he told you though. I don't mean any disrespect, but I have never heard of a boarding school that will not let the students have cell phones or computers. Are you positive that he wasn't setting you up in some way? Again, I don't mean to cast a shadow on his intentions, but if he was really that in to you and loved you, he wouldn't just completely blow you off like that. Just my opinion.

Sorry, I smell something fishy going on....

Is this the same guy that you posted about, who wants to meet so that you can both lose your virginity together?

If so, you may not realize it now, but you just dodged a bullet. I agree that it was rude, the way he cut you off over the internet before even meeting you, but it also shows how immature he really is.

Hi Loriana,

I'm sorry this happened to you. You sound very hurt. I am a little leary of the story he told you though. I don't mean any disrespect, but I have never heard of a boarding school that will not let the students have cell phones or computers. Are you positive that he wasn't setting you up in some way? Again, I don't mean to cast a shadow on his intentions, but if he was really that in to you and loved you, he wouldn't just completely blow you off like that. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry Loriana - I have to agree with this.

The fact that you only knew him a week and hadn't met in person means that you will recover from this probably quicker than you realise.

I really am left speechless after this post. First off, it's not possible to love someone after a week and if you somehow make that happen then your definition of love is extremely shallow. Not to mention you didn't even meet face to face. I'll tell you what happened. You are probably very lonely so you leeched onto this guy for a week and maybe he did the same to you. Then a week later you stiffed him when the two of you were suppose to meet. That pissed him off and so he basically ditched you. It's really obvious when he threw in the line "...have a great life." In other words "I want nothing to do with you." I often symphasize for so many situations here and try to give words of wisdom but in this case I don't think your issue is this guy in particular. Your perspective on love and relationships may need to be redefined if you feel you love someone after a week of online chat without meeting them. I'm sorry for being harsh but seriously..

Hi Loriana,

I guess when you put it like that it doesn't all add up. I don't know what to think to be honest, i guess i'll never get the chance to find out the real truth.

I don't know your age - although it sounds like you must be quite young (early 20's or younger).

To help you in the future here is some advice I would offer:

Don't allow yourself to develop strong emotions for any man you haven't met in person.

Even better, don't allow yourself to develop strong emotions for a man until you have spent lots of time with him and he has shown you what kind of person he is through his actions.

Actions always speak louder than words.

I guess when you put it like that it doesn't all add up. I don't know what to think to be honest, i guess i'll never get the chance to find out the real truth.

I think you already know the real truth...sadly.

But here's some good news for you!! There are lots and lots of really nice guys out there that won't play you for a fool. When you meet him, take it slow and things will go much smoother. Promise

Here...I have something for ya...link removed

Casey - you ARE being harsh. This girl is obviously very young and has little or no experience of relationships. It's hard for you to understand her because you've probably been in loads of relationships.

I totally agree with you. I remember when I was 16 and a guy became interested in me and we 'dated' for 2 weeks. My emotions ran wild and I thought he was my first and only love. Then when he broke up with me spouting the lines 'it's not you it's me, i need to find myself' I spent months thinking he was really tortured and months before I stopped thinking about him constantly. So I totally understand what Loriana is going through. The first time you get feelings for a guy is always very intense and emotional. Whether she met him in person or not.

Loriana

I do think however that he is deceiving you when he says he is going to a school with no telephones or TV. If he did really care for you he could write. I guess take this as a lesson not to be so naive. People lie all the time.

All the best

Its ok Casey has her opinion and i am young im 16 and i cant believe how niave ive been. He still has his facebook account but hes deleted me as a friend so i know somethings up. I just feel so hurt right now like i let myself believe every word he said.

Its ok Casey has her opinion and i am young im 16 and i cant believe how niave ive been. He still has his facebook account but hes deleted me as a friend so i know somethings up. I just feel so hurt right now like i let myself believe every word he said.

Just look at it this way...he is an immature creep and it's a very good thing that you didn't have sex with this loser. He tried to use you but failed. HE is the loser, not you. You WIN!

Hang in there. Hey, get really pissed about it...and don't give him the time of day or another thought.

You are entitled to be niave, you are only 16. You have a lot to learn and unfortunately sometimes the only way to learn is through the mistakes that we make. Sooner or later you will be able to spot the losers and users a mile off !!

Archived