Hey.

Here's my situation. There's this man I have known for around a year. But he's in a serious relationship and so we lost contact, because at the time he was all paranoid, saying he was was wanting my attention and he felt really guilty for his girlfriend. So he kinda did a runner basicaly. But these last few weeks we've been comunicating again (he initiated it) and getting to know more about each other.

He told me things are bad with his woman and that he has to end it with her. He says he's going to end it next week, because it's her birthday this week. He said he wanted to take me on a date when they have broken up. He says he really enjoys my company, that he's been enjoying wondering what might happen in the future with us. He is pretty sweet and compliments me. But I have realised by now that doesn't always mean a thing.

We've been texting each other quite a bit this past week. He said he would call me sometime this week, which he hasn't yet! But he texted me today saying he's at work and real tired, that he's been non-stop since last Friday. So I guess that could be the only reason he hasn't. I hinted a couple of times I wanted him to call me, but have just left it now.

Well, I can be a bit dumb when it comes to men and their intentions, sadly. I'm starting to get feelings for him. Well, I do have feeling for him, but I'm scared to let them get any deeper. I'm not sure what he wants really. Am I just some back-up because he's breaking up with his long term GF? Is he genuinely interested? Does he just want "fun"? I don't know.

I feel like just asking him flat-out, or telling him I don't really want more contact until he's split with his GF and is sure it's actually me he likes. But honestly, I can be quite a needy person at times and desperetly trying to stop that and trying to "chill" more. I also don't want to risk looking like some loon and messing things up, if this could go somewhere. If it did go somewhere, it would be long distance too, so I'd need to know he is serious.

I just really, really don't need to be hurt again! So I would rather nip it in the bud if I'm just going to get hurt yet again, before my feelings escalate. I don't want to be a rebound and don't want to date him to have him end up back with his GF.

Any ideas?

You said that sadly, you are starting to get feelings??

If this is the internet guy you mentioned a few months back, you said you had feelings back then for him and that you couldn't let him go and when you knew he was in a relationship and a happy one at that time....

I think you have been really unswise to get involved here.....and I doubt half of what he is saying is true. Obviously he's wanting the big old ego fed once more.....

Tell him to come back, when he's single

If things were that bad, he would have already ended it with his girlfriend by now. I'm sure that she has no idea that he's communicating with you, and this is showing his true character. I would never be able to trust someone that could do this.

Don't be swept off your feet by this guy.

I'm sorry to say that from what I've seen, HeartGoesOn speaks the absolute truth in that reply ^^^.

Archived