Does gel in your hair make you less attractive to girls?

iwishiknew

I think it depends on how much is used; just a little bit could be okay for me. But i prefer it when guys leave their hair as it is without much styling lol. Although i know that some types of hair are easier to control with a little bit of gel or cream (which is my case as well, i have wavy hair).

I love it when my boyfriend gels his hair, but he only does it on special occassions because he can't wear a hat after gelling it & he can't scratch his head. He keeps his hair pretty short. I think it's sexy gelled.

Interesting thread....lol.

I use Brylcreem and I have never had anyone say they didn't like it. My hair is naturally thick and tends to curl a little bit so I need to use it.

I guess it just depends on whether it suits the individual or not. Mine is suited to Brylcreem I think because it is a softer gel, non-sticky and it keeps it in place and gives it a shine.

Key tip: avoid the gel and go for a light wax or something instead. Bit of texture and definition, no wet look, no greasy feel. I've got some moulding wax I swear by because otherwise my hair goes pretty flat looking.

i was going to say this!

styling your hair is good. but don't gel it. gel makes it look pretty gross.

I use a kind of creme/wax but I try to get it styled so it doesn't look wet (I don't like that). There is an AXE commercial that pokes fun at that, the one with the group of girls tackles a guy and puts styling creme in his hair instead of gel. From what I've heard, a lot of girls like a natural look, maybe with some invisible styling product. I know I need some because even though I keep my hair short, I have thin hair and it gets puffy and makes my head look big so I have to style it somehow.

Depends on the hairstyle and how much. I like to be able to run my fingers through a guy's hair, so plastered into a sculpture or greasy wet is not attractive to me personally.

That's my answer too, lol.

It really all depends on the hairstyle and how much gel you use.

Archived