Anusha

i've been asking myself the same question. my ex broke up with me over month ago, i understand his reasons, but of course still felt the pain and i'm still managing the pain, and it does get easier every day... thank God!

anyways, yeah, i've been asking myself when its okay to date, but the thing is, the idea only comes to me whenever I feel horrible, its like a small part of me believes that the quickest way to deal with the pain is to find somebody else. but i know i'm only fooling myself because i'm not the type to date so soon after a relationship (all of my past relationships lasted more than a year)... everybody tells me that i need to do whatever i need to to make it through the day, but really its easier said than done. my ex is very special to me, i never felt that way with anyone... so i don't think i can date anyone for a long while. i know i have to deal with the pain for now, and focus on picking up the pieces and make myself whole again before i'm ready.

sorry for ranting, but yeah...i think that no one really knows when, i guess once you've dealt with the breakup and feel ready then you're ready.

I'm not sure either if you are ready yet for a new relationship (nothing wrong with casual dating though).

I'm not sure if you have fully realized yet what made you stay in your last relationship for such a long time despite not getting what you wanted out of it. I'd be a bit afraid that you might transfer your expectations too soon onto another person, without having taken enough time to learn how to be comfortable with yourself, how to be confident and assertive and how to be able to realize when/ if a situation is not healthy for you

Archived