Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Shelby...as we know it.

dangletsbang

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other day Hayden randomly said "shuuuuuuttttt uuuup!!!" and waved his hands dramatically. It was in a tone of voice like he was imitating someone and it sounded familiar so I knew he wasn't just being rude and saying "shut up" which I wouldn't allow. I asked "where did you hear that?" and he said "finding nemo. the bird, mom." I said "OHHHH, Nigel!!! Yeah! shuuuuuttttt uuuuuppp!! haha" Ever since then, when someone is being an idiot....being dramatic about something, rambling on and on about something I don't care about, being stupid...I hear "shuuuuutttt uuuupppp!!!" in my head. I love that my almost 4 year old has the same sense of humor as me. He even will randomly say "awkwardddddd" in certain FITTING situations. He's hilarious. I'm so lucky to have him.

Gah I love this age!! My two nephews, 5 months apart, are SO different from each other and so freaking funny. My one nephew, L, has my sister send me videos of him randomly telling me how much he loves me and it melts my heart. And then recently, our newphew B was out to eat with us and ended up talking about his "brother" (he doesn't have one) and when we asked his name, he said "Charles. He's always in charge." And we DIED omg. We have no idea how he'd know that reference but Jared laughed so hard that he cried. Then a few days later, my SIL texted my husband and said that B went outside to get his dad and said "Daddy, get in the f---ing house." His dad said "What did you just say?" and B said "F---ing." His dad said "What do you think htat word means?" And B said "that you really need to come in the house."

They're so funny at this age!!

so soreeee o.o deadlifts yesterday, death by burpees and squats this morning. I feel like such a tool when I flex to feel of my muscles but at least I only do it in private so no one else sees. Love all the friendships that i'm forming with the people in my class.

Not sure if I even want a boyfriend anymore. Just feel like 'it' isn't there anymore. I would be perfectly content just living my life, raising Hayden, getting my own place eventually. I feel terrible and guilty because K did nothing wrong...I just feel like we've grown apart.

10 months, fi. and I was just naturally drawn to him for some reason. There was nothing in particular, we were friends before we got together. He's quiet, lovable, inexperienced, smart. In the first several months of our relationship, he hung out a lot with his friends...now he doesn't do that, I feel like he always wants to come over after work. This sounds horrible but i'm just kinda annoyed by his presence. I've been really struggling at work here lately...stressed, certain issues with our doctors, being just beat down by them, behind in work. Not to mention some issues with Hayden's dad. I just feel like I don't have time for a realtionship...I don't have time for what he needs. I just want to do my job and spend time with my son.

ahh...i've almost spent $300 on my son's ninja turtle birthday party. Little stinker better have the time of his life. T had surgery on his hand today....repairing it from breaking it after he punched something out of anger. I told Hayden to say a prayer for his daddy this morning since he was having the surgery to fix his hand...a cold heart will get you no where.

You’ve been posting a lot about how you don’t want to be in a relationship right now. And that’s okay! Just because he is a nice guy doesn’t mean you have to hold on to him or that he’ll be the only guy for you, nor do you have to feel obligated to stay in this relationship. Do what you want and need to do.

Yeah, I think 10 months can be a make-it-or-break-it time. Things often get more serious when the one year mark is approaching, and the couple starts to become more of a "unit" instead of just two people who hang out together. If you don't want to be with him, that is totally okay, and it doesn't make you a bad person. I agree with red-- his being a nice guy doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship with him. It sounds like you've learned a lot about how you should be treated and about what a drama-free relationship is like. Relationships aren't always meant to be forever, and that's okay.

I'm being stretched to the absolute limit at work. We're supposed to move offices by the end of the week. I worked 11 hours yesterday plus the 2 hr round trip drive. I'm here early today. Our phones were transferred by error last week so all 4 of our phone lines are being transferred to ONE early 2000s model cell phone. Our fax lines are down. Patients are angry. I can't get anything done because i'm trying to keep up with phone calls and returning calls. While i'm on the phone for one 5 minute conversation taking care of a patient, 4 more calls come in. Repeat. Our doctors are expecting even more out of us. Our last patient last night was from a nursing home and transportation didn't pick her up until almost 8pm. I literally was in tears just wanting to go home. I hope this is over soon. If the permits don't come through today then we'll be delayed again...which causes more work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, NO...b. It keeps getting postponed. We were supposed to two weeks ago....then it got moved to last week...now we're supposed to thurs/fri but I just got wind that it's gonna get postponed again. Our stupid PTL authorized them to mail out the 'WE HAVE MOVED' cards so all these patients I called on Friday to inform them WE HAVEN'T EFFIN' MOVED got a card in the mail on Saturday....and what did half of them do yesterday? Went to the new office and got mad when we weren't there. Um duh, I called you Friday to tell you where to be.

I'm constantly rearranging appointments, calling patients to tell them we haven't moved...then when you call some of them it's not just a quick and easy phone call..."oh by the way my left leg is double the size of my right leg", "I think i'm in a-fib again", "my incision is opening up and red", "i've gained 10 pounds in 48 hours and i'm short of breath"... ahhhh. I'm literally going nuts. I'll be so thankful when this is all over.

I seriously couldn't imagine being one of those mothers who constantly bring new men into their children's lives...Hayden asks for K or talks about K occasionally and it feels like a punch to the gut each time. I feel guilty. Hayden asked on Sunday if K could go see ninja turtles with us...so I texted him and he met us up there. Hayden was so happy to see him. I still feel indifferent, unattached, not really feeling much emotion. We've been split up for about 3-4 weeks. I told him to move on because I just don't know what I want. I think I might be depressed. But yeah, back to what I was saying...I just couldn't imagine introducing a boyfriend to Hayden immediately...moving in quickly...him getting attached...splitting up...taking that person away from him...and reintroducing another one. Rinse, repeat. That's how so many women in my town are. Do they not feel guilty for what they're doing? Do they not think of how their child[ren] feel or how it's affecting them? I don't want to introduce Hayden to anyone ever again as my boyfriend. Maybe it'll work out down the road with K, maybe not. I just need time.

It makes me sad to see one of my friends struggling so bad to breastfeed her newborn. This is her second and she failed pretty quickly with her first son...she was bound and determined that she wouldn't fail this time...but it's taking so much out of her. I know how she feels but she shouldn't feel so horrible guilty if she has to start supplementing with formula...it's not the end of the world.

It makes me sad to see one of my friends struggling so bad to breastfeed her newborn. This is her second and she failed pretty quickly with her first son...she was bound and determined that she wouldn't fail this time...but it's taking so much out of her. I know how she feels but she shouldn't feel so horrible guilty if she has to start supplementing with formula...it's not the end of the world.

My wife tried breast feeding both our 2 year old and our 3 month old. She just couldn't produce enough milk. She shouldn't feel guilty using formula. This isn't uncommon. There is a reason infant mortality has declined almost 90% in the U.S. over that past 100 years. We have other measures when nature isn't helping.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived