Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Shelby...as we know it.

dangletsbang

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I handled it okay, I guess. I feel empty when I leave him...I'm used to being able to love on him and sit with him for a few minutes when I drop him off at his babysitters house...but at school I obviously can't hang around, lol. Today was his second full day...he's nervous but all smiles when I drop him off. He loves the playground and said "teachers are a great thing, momma" last night. but after we prayed he did say "I was afraid when you left the school, mom..don't leave tomorrow." It broke my heart. I told him "they won't let me stay at the school, baby. I have to leave and go to work to make money for us. But you know what? You walked in that classroom with your head held high...you were so brave that mommy couldn't even tell that you were scared! Just remember if you get scared when mommy isn't there, that I'm always with you in your heart even if you can't see or touch me. All you have to do is close your eyes and remember that...or close your eyes and pray when you're scared." He said "okay mommy." He walked right in today and was excited. His babysitter picks him up thankfully, he only goes 3 hours. I will die when kindergarten rolls around next year... ;/

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my freakin jeez. So I've had this huge canker sore on the end of my tongue...for 10 days as of today. It has rubbed on my teeth and literally just made my life miserable. My pcp prescribed a newish rx, Debacterol. It's diluted sulphuric acid for the sore. I did it yesterday and today...it has helped a TON but it feels like acid dipped razor blades when I put it on. Then the sore throbs for 30 minutes....but it's a miracle how much it's helping it. Finally!!! Something for us canker sore sufferers!!!

Hayden and I both are at the doctor. He's doing better from the weekend but I've gotten worse. Throat, lungs, nose, body... He's got a persistent cough and congestion. Really makes me nervous with the respiratory virus that's on the news. There's apparently been 3 unconfirmed cases but it's suspected that that's what it is in my general area.

I started Hayden on organic elderberry syrup last week and it really seems to be helping! Ordering another bottle for him, one for me and a set of essential oils and blends. I have heard a lot about essential oils and holistic medicine, really wanting to try them out this cold/winter season.

Anyone else utilize essential oils? I've been using tea tree oil and peppermint oil for the past year or so. Really interested in basil oil and thieves oil.

Hayden's assistant principal at his school called yesterday and said that they're having to split his class in half and he'll be getting a new teacher. I said okay and agreed to go with it...but after thinking about it for a day, this is not okay with me. My son deserves and thrives off of consistency. He knows and loves his teacher now. I just called and left her a voicemail. I won't be a pushover when it comes to my son.

Yeah I talked to her and she asked if I'd at least try to see how Hayden does, if he doesn't do well then we'll reassess it at that time. He came home the past two days and said he really likes the new teacher. I remember her from when I was in school vaguely. She worked a lot with special education children. They're co-teaching all this week to help transition the kids so we'll see how it goes. I'm trying to be open minded but still keep Hayden's best interest in mind. He will still see his old teacher when I drop him off and during recess. Hopefully it works out in our favor..he seems to be excited about learning.

• 1 month later...

Archived