Which do you prefer...(another looks vs. personality poll)

Seymore

Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?

• Sweetness/personality - 9/10, looks - 10/10
    • Sweetness/personality - 10/10, looks - 9/10

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why?

besides, i actually can't comment on this because the total package fell into my lap 5 months ago.

Me too, but it was 3yrs ago. If you can find 10/10 for both (in your eyes), keep'em!

But as for the poll, I would go lower on the looks then personality too. Heck - my SO is hot, but Im sure he wont be smokin hot in 30yrs lol but his great personality will hopefully still be there

I chase women whose first name starts with a T. That's really my biggest criteria, because then Tyler and T_____ will roll off the tongue.

In all honesty, I have no idea. I date who I like, and normally the ones I like are the most fun to be around...so personality is great. If it's all looks, hell, I have the internet. You can't possibly impress me anymore.

I've been told I'm around pi multiplied by two, which is like...6.28 or so. In other words I'm a qt pi.

Possibly the gayest post I've written.

I'm gonna have to side with paintedfish on this one. Personality is always gonna win out over looks with me. I would much rather date Drew Carey than one of those guys from the Hills.

This might be hard for me to turn down though:

I could turn that down.

which is another thing, perception is crucial. that guy is a 5 to me.

Same as me. I'd even rather 4/10 looks if it were 10/10 personality.

but the point is you wouldn't go out on the first date with a guy that was 4/10 in the looks department. that's what i am getting at. sure, his personality might be awesome but you are not going to see that unless and until you go out on the date with him.. and to go out on that first date you need to be attracted to his looks.

but the point is you wouldn't go out on the first date with a guy that was 4/10 in the looks department. that's what i am getting at. sure, his personality might be awesome but you are not going to see that unless and until you go out on the date with him.. and to go out on that first date you need to be attracted to his looks.

that depends on how you met. not everyone is in the dark about the other person on the first date.

Why?

besides, i actually can't comment on this because the total package fell into my lap 5 months ago.

because i remember how you raved about your SO's sculpted body.

the guy may have awesome personality but you wouldn't know it until you date him... and to go out on the first date you need to be attracted to his looks. agree?

Not true. If someone approached me in the street and was a 4/10, I'd probably turn them down. If it was someone in a more familiar setting (school or work), I'd probably go on a date if they approached me. Also, if I got to know them first through friends, it wouldn't bother me in the least. Come to think of it, I think the same goes for a highly attractive person too, unless they really manage to charm me. It hasn't happened yet.

because i remember how you raved about your SO's sculpted body.

the guy may have awesome personality but you wouldn't know it until you date him... and to go out on the first date you need to be attracted to his looks. agree?

to be honest i was very uninterested in dating him in the beginning. even after he approached me yet again at the swim park. the first date i just didnt feel his personality swung with mine. so i was further uninterested. when i found out he was still married i called it off immediately and we didnt speak for 3 months.

went out to dinner just for fun/meaning not a date and everything just clicked personality wise.

that was the deciding difference. its actually a stroke of luck that i ever changed my mind. and his persistance was a catalyst.

so.. sorry to break your idea of 'attractive guys get the girl because they are attractive' rule. because his looks got him practically nowhere with me. if anything i was naturally more weary.

Not true. If someone approached me in the street and was a 4/10, I'd probably turn them down. If it was someone in a more familiar setting (school or work), I'd probably go on a date if they approached me. Also, if I got to know them first through friends, it wouldn't bother me in the least. Come to think of it, I think the same goes for a highly attractive person too, unless they really manage to charm me. It hasn't happened yet.

yea if it was a super hot guy who just asked me out on the street i'd still be wary of it the same as i would for a guy who was average

that depends on how you met. not everyone is in the dark about the other person on the first date.

It does depend how you meet, My SO & I met at work...my first reaction to seeing him was "he's so cute but not my type" Talking for 2yrs at work as friends changed that drastically & he's great/funny personality made him go from so cute to unbelievably sexy.

yea if it was a super hot guy who just asked me out on the street i'd still be wary of it the same as i would for a guy who was average

Exactly. I've had too many bad experiences hanging out with guys who have just randomly hit on me. I'm far more cautious these days.

Archived