Which do you prefer...(another looks vs. personality poll)

Seymore

Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?

• Sweetness/personality - 9/10, looks - 10/10
    • Sweetness/personality - 10/10, looks - 9/10

to be honest i was very uninterested in dating him in the beginning. even after he approached me yet again at the swim park. the first date i just didnt feel his personality swung with mine. so i was further uninterested. when i found out he was still married i called it off immediately and we didnt speak for 3 months.

went out to dinner just for fun/meaning not a date and everything just clicked personality wise.

that was the deciding difference. its actually a stroke of luck that i ever changed my mind. and his persistance was a catalyst.

so.. sorry to break your idea of 'attractive guys get the girl because they are attractive' rule. because his looks got him practically nowhere with me. if anything i was naturally more weary.

Thanks EqD.

But to be honest I am even more surprised now. He kept coming on to you... In general women find that clingy and will be wondering "yuck doesn't he get the message?". BUT you term it as persistence and gave him a chance. There must have been something going for him for you to do that.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks EqD.

But to be honest I am even more surprised now. He kept coming on to you... In general women find that clingy and will be wondering "yuck doesn't he get the message?". BUT you term it as persistence and gave him a chance. There must have been something going for him for you to do that.

to be honest it was out of boredom. and for the sake of giving things a chance i agreed. he wasnt terribly pushy like that one guy that walked up to me at the show, but he did remind me that he'd like to hang out. and that he was interested.

I didnt have anything else going on so i ran out of excuses not to.

It was me who invited him to the fated dinner that set it all off. This was because i just had a change of mindset the weekend prior that lead me into a purely 'go out and just have fun' mood.

He happened to text me one night that i wanted sushi--so i encouraged him to meet me.

Whats really going to screw with your mind was that when i was 11-12 i was obsessed with him and thought he was the sexiest thing i'd ever laid eyes on.

As an adult i was indifferent about his looks and disinterested in meeting him.

Whats really going to screw with your mind was that when i was 11-12 i was obsessed with him and thought he was the sexiest thing i'd ever laid eyes on.

As an adult i was indifferent about his looks and disinterested in meeting him.

hmm.. so you knew him for quite some time...

OK, what is your opinion about online dating? don't you think looks play a major role there?

Also, I am no more in college. And it is never recommended to date a co-worker. So how do I put myself in situations where women can see my personality as well (as opposed to doing the cold approaches that i have been doing lately)?

OK, what is your opinion about online dating? don't you think looks play a major role there?

Also, I am no more in college. And it is never recommended to date a co-worker. So how do I put myself in situations where women can see my personality as well (as opposed to doing the cold approaches that i have been doing lately)?

no. i didnt know him at all until last year. he rode my bus for a year and we didnt speak. until last year that is.

of course looks play a major role in online dating, think about it. thats all you have to go off of.

dont think about finding anyone--live--thats all you ever have to do. Dont think about asking anyone out, dont think about who you can meet where. Do what you want to do and dont worry about finding a mate.

dont think about finding anyone--live--thats all you ever have to do. Dont think about asking anyone out, dont think about who you can meet where. Do what you want to do and dont worry about finding a mate.

Really? I am not sure what you mean by this.

This can work for a girl because they get asked out. But it won't work for guys... because they are supposed to pursue and ask out women.. lots in fact to get a single yes.

I do have to worry about finding a mate because I am going to be 34 in July. That's late already. And I got to find some one before my parents start pushing me towards the Arranged Marriage system. They have been patient with me so far hoping that I will find someone by myself.

Really? I am not sure what you mean by this.

This can work for a girl because they get asked out. But it won't work for guys... because they are supposed to pursue and ask out women.. lots in fact to get a single yes.

I do have to worry about finding a mate because I am going to be 34 in July. That's late already. And I got to find some one before my parents start pushing me towards the Arranged Marriage system. They have been patient with me so far hoping that I will find someone by myself.

its more about your state of mind than anything. people get too antsy and trigger happy about dating. we forget that we have our own lives to live.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll chime in anyway.

I think it's different with online dating because the women are actively seeking dates too. I never walk out of my house thinking "oh, I wonder if a guy will ask me out today?" If I was into online dating, then I'd be open to being approached. Looks would probably play a bigger part than offline, but only to the extent that they didn't look sleazy or scary. I do value my life somewhat.

its more about your state of mind than anything. people get too antsy and trigger happy about dating. we forget that we have our own lives to live.

This is very true, everyone that is out there looking, looking & just looking but not living life & enjoying it are the ones that dont find that person. It does come when you least expect it. Every guy I met when I was "looking" never turned out to be the right guy anyway. Its when I finally gave up & decided Im gonna live my life for me & just be happy ...is when it happened.

hummm.. 10/10 looks, 9/10 personality and 10/10 personality and 9/10 looks...

is not really that much of difference, lol..

You should put 5/10 vs 10/10 ~

Anyway personatliy as always counts lots more than looks... Looks still matter a lot to me, but I gotta have both.

I'd take 10/10 all the way then

This is very true, everyone that is out there looking, looking & just looking but not living life & enjoying it are the ones that dont find that person. It does come when you least expect it. Every guy I met when I was "looking" never turned out to be the right guy anyway. Its when I finally gave up & decided Im gonna live my life for me & just be happy ...is when it happened.

I can do the same thing IF women ask out men. But they don't.

Not ever been asked out by a girl here.

It does depend how you meet, My SO & I met at work...my first reaction to seeing him was "he's so cute but not my type" Talking for 2yrs at work as friends changed that drastically & he's great/funny personality made him go from so cute to unbelievably sexy.

Also this pretty much a stroke of luck that such a great guy was not scooped up by someone else before you two got together.

I don't think anybody would advise a guy to wait two years while the girl you like at work comes around.

Not ever been asked out by a girl here.

Also this pretty much a stroke of luck that such a great guy was not scooped up by someone else before you two got together.

I don't think anybody would advise a guy to wait two years while the girl you like at work comes around.

He didn't wait, he was 25 when I met him & dating plenty of women those 2 yrs we worked together. We both had our own love lives going on....It really was just a stroke of luck that we got together in the end.

I can do the same thing IF women ask out men. But they don't.

thats beyond the point, see your mind went straight into 'date date date i gotta be dating!!'

no, you live your life the way you want to and dont worry at all about dating, when you cross paths with anyone then it will be naturally and then you will naturally get to know them, and then you can consider going or asking out on a date.

but all this 'snag' dating style that is soo popular these days is extremely overrated and adds to the idea that you have to be constantly looking for someone to be with or else---

its complete crap.

yet another example of the type of mentality that needs to be banished.

just because they knew eachother for that long doesnt mean they were interested at first, as she just explained.

and also not every great guy is 'great' to every girl out there.

My SO for instance.. alot of girls(and i mean ALOT) wouldnt at all be charmed with the things i know about him. Peoples personalities vary too much for partnerships to be a one size fits all scenario.

Archived