knowing your league?

noneStar

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debaser -- my point was that it is hard for some of us to go to school and get that 'education'.' With no support, whatsoever..

And I am saying that you don't need a school to get an eduaction in. Most people do because they lack self discipline or see college as more of a means to get a job, rather than a means to grow.

Some people have that drive to educate themselves purely on their own with their own methods. Those people I applaud far more than those who just go through the college to only get a job.

Debaser -- my point was that it is hard for some of us to go to school and get that 'education'.' With no support, whatsoever..

I agree to what your saying.. i supported myself threw college.. and it is hard.. but as you know.. nothing with values comes easy...

Harvard doesn't make a person smart

It really depends on how you define education.

I really don't think going to a university makes you any more educated. Or a degree for that matter. It is the ambitioun the individual puts behing it.

But it do open doors! It is the same as to be excepted into certain leagues!

Ok -- let's take you for an example... you are not going to date a 160lbd woman, right? but that woman can find someone to date her. do you see what i mean? (sorry to use you as an example)

160 isn't really that big. i'm 5'7. If she is my height, she isn't gonna look that big.

I'd date her.

Debaser, you are correct -- through sleight of hand or whatever, you gotta have the degree!

There is an assumption of one gets that degree. I should stop now. I do not want to mess up the thread.

Maybe I'll start a thread about my rant on the problems with modern educational programs some day and we can talk about it.

All my friends have heard it too many times.

And yes, I do go to college just to get that degree. I wish I could make it more purely about education and study because I want to learn. But, 90% of the time, I study to get that grade.

This question to me is really about finding your "social place".

Superficially, I've done what I can to be more "acceptable":

I did my best in school, got a good job, read a lot, travel, work out and try to look my best.

Yet I'm always feeling out of place everywhere I go, and it's really impacted how I see potential mates. I'm trying to find somebody that fits me and that's really hard when you don't fit in anywhere yourself...

Where I do even begin?!

Maybe I'll start a thread about my rant on the problems with modern educational programs some day and we can talk about it.

All my friends have heard it too many times.

And yes, I do go to college just to get that degree. I wish I could make it more purely about education and study because I want to learn. But, 90% of the time, I study to get that grade.

KK PM me about it . I'd hate to start another rant.

Here's the deal with leagues, they are a self-defense mechanism designed to keep the person from having to face the fact that the one they desired did not desire them. When rejected the person can say to themself, "I knew it would happen eventually because he/she is out of my league." By avoiding responsibility for their own lack of desireability the person is not compelled to change anything except the perceived worth of the next person into whom they invest themselves. It is my opinion that not only is this attitude self-defeating but it is totally unfair to the other party who through no fault of their own is pursued by someone who will eventually either feel unworthy or deem them unworthy, way to love someone, not.

But, I think that leagues reinforce the idea that you're stuck with what you've got.

Any guy or girl could exercise a little more, educate themselves, dress a little nicer, be more responsible, become more social....and bam, you've got yourself a bunch of girls/guys to choose from.

By saying "date within your league", you are suggesting that a person is incapable of changing at attracting anybody.

Yes, but even if you give yourself an "upgrade" you're still in a league, albeit a higher one and can now get dates from that league plus or minus a bit. There is room for movement but the idea is the same!

I still think its personal prefrence... not about leagues.. that really hot girl could be a chubby chaser and if that chubby guy has a good personality chemistry with her. she might take to him..

again. some might say thats different leagues. but it was her personal prefrence to be with that chubby guy...

Exception, not rule- IMO.

that fat guy has a taste for those types of women. it's his preference. some smokin hot girl might find him attractive. society has painted what a bombshell woman or an adonis male should be. human nature is everything you want in life, not what some magazine says. go for the girl or go home. that is your league.

Well in all my experience these guys just have unrealistic expectations about whom they should date. I do know of some exceptions but that's just it, they are exceptions. Do not expect to be an exception.

No one should ever allow themselves to feel like someone is 'out of their league'....that's pretty much saying "they're better then me" and if you say that then you don't need to be dating anyone anyway....you need to do some serious work on yourself.

Now, that doesn't mean that a particular person won't find you desirable to them...its their preference. But no one is out of anyones 'league'....I'm sorry, but there isn't anyone in this world that is better then me....and I'm not better then anyone else.

LOL. I think there are hundreds of thousands of gals better looking than me, funnier than me, better cooks than me, better at cleaning than me, better at anything than me. I think it's absurd to not rate yourself in some way.

Would I try to compete with some supermodel for some babelicous man? God no, why because he and she are both out of my league.

I know where I stand, I know what I can get and I know what I canNOT get.

LOL. I think there are hundreds of thousands of gals better looking than me, funnier than me, better cooks than me, better at cleaning than me, better at anything than me. I think it's absurd to not rate yourself in some way.

Would I try to compete with some supermodel for some babelicous man? God no, why because he and she are both out of my league.

I know where I stand, I know what I can get and I know what I canNOT get.

so you will never be fully happy. gotcha.

Why would I never be fully happy? Of course I'm happy. I'm loved, respected, adored and treated right!

You may both feel I'm settling and you'd be right. I've settled in with what I think to be the perfect balance. He's no supermodel and neither am I. But I think he's the greatest guy on the face of the earth.

I just don't go for guys out of my league. What's the harm in that? Perhaps if I did HE would never be fully happy with a gal that isn't in HIS league and in return that would make me miserable.

exactly what I was thinking....

You know what makes a man completely hot? When he comes accross with this confidence that shows that he's happy with who he is and doesn't feel like he's inferior to ANYONE....thats hot....and I'm sure its hot when a woman has the same qualities.

Why would I never be fully happy? Of course I'm happy. I'm loved, respected, adored and treated right!

You may both feel I'm settling and you'd be right. I've settled in with what I think to be the perfect balance. He's no supermodel and neither am I. But I think he's the greatest guy on the face of the earth.

I just don't go for guys out of my league. What's the harm in that? Perhaps if I did HE would never be fully happy with a gal that isn't in HIS league and in return that would make me miserable.

you sell yourself short for what you really want. you settle basically.

Beautiful people hold more social value in a lot of cases. Ugly pasty white boys don't hold much social value. I like who I am and what I do, but I know a lot of women perceive me as unworthy.

It doesn't matter what I perceive myself to be, or what actually is, what does matter is what they think about me.

I don't know why people want to believe that if they want something really badly they'll get it. I want to believe I have a check for $1 Million in my wallet, but that doesn't mean there is.

Just because I want to believe there are no leagues doesn't mean there aren't.

Archived