knowing your league?

noneStar

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that your doubt is preventing you from reaching your goal. If you are at your personal best (or getting there) and so is she, then you have a major life attitude in common and you will rise above the competition.

It's not preventing me. I can see that i'm not a good looking guy.

I can see that I don't speak well.

I could lose some weight. But that is all I can really change.

I'm wondering if you believe you are in the same league as him simply because you are very compatible and not due to any outside influence. Possible?

What? No I simply believe I've got the best I can get. I "wish" I could have a Lewis Hamilton could I ever? Not a chance... what to do next? Move on! I did, I landed my current bf.

How does faults prove there are no leagues? The people in higher leagues have less faults than the people in lower leagues! LOL.

some faults might be 'no go's for me. but for someone else, it might not be a fault. so a blonde is great for some other guy. i really don't go for blondes. are blondes out of brunettes leagues? nope.

It's not preventing me. I can see that i'm not a good looking guy.

I can see that I don't speak well.

I could lose some weight. But that is all I can really change.

Have you ever seen someone that gets a makeover (the non-surgery kind)?

Have you ever seen a movie star, pop star, or any other kind of 'face person' without their make-up and attention-getting clothing?

Have you ever heard of toastmasters? They teach people to speak with confidence.

Have you seen Valerie Bertinelli lately? She is 49 years old and smoking hot after a few years of exercise and Jenny Craig.

You can change, you are human.

maybe, but i'd rather have a 5'7" guy than a 6'3" guy.

so it's not all women that want someone really tall. you can't really complain about a height of 5'7".

you must be out of my league then la'isla. lol jk. i still have no idea why people don't see it's all preference.

What's wrong is telling someone that they should accept that they have less value.

But shouldn't we be telling him/her to be realistic or say it's okay to shoot for the stars?

The middle aged overweight guy in a go nowhere career who wants to date the pretty, younger, chartered accountant?

This is a gross exaggeration but we do have to be realistic.

CHOICE: free to choose. the act of choosing.

so, you are choosing to date who you date or who you go for. if you say you cannot do better, that is your choice. you choose to settle. not saying you cannot be satisfied, but you don't strive for more. you basically give up on going for the gold.

you must be out of my league then la'isla. lol jk. i still have no idea why people don't see it's all preference.

just replace "league" with compatibility and preference. leagues imply that people are inherently unequal and it's very unfair...

some faults might be 'no go's for me. but for someone else, it might not be a fault. so a blonde is great for some other guy. i really don't go for blondes. are blondes out of brunettes leagues? nope.

Nah I'm not talking about looks perferences... I'm talking about a much grander scale than hair color.

Here's where you're wrong. He's average in the grand scheme of things, yes. He is what I really want. I don't want mr. hot stuff, mr. tall, dark nor handsome. He's is wonderful, I think he's super attractive and one of the hottest guys around. Is he THE hottest man out there? No, Lewis Hamilton is... should I set out to be with him only him because he is the "perfect man"? God no, would he even so take a second glance at this not so beautiful gal (me) right here? Hahaha, he'd probably think I was a boy! So the man I have is an average joe and as an average- below average gal myself- I don't have a hope in hell of a chance to score with a man of my likes (such as Lewis Hamilton).

Lewis hamilton from F1... ????

Preference is sometimes a nice way of saying "I can do better" or "Sorry, you are not in my league"

wrong. preference is my choice. it's why i choose to buy this car over that car. it's what i want. not a league.

if you choose not to talk to some girl because you feel intimidated she is better looking than you or out of your league, that is an automatic strikeout. you've defeated yourself and lost opportunity.

I'm 5'7 and do fine. I guess to get an idea of what I look like people always say I remind them of E from Entrouge. I get that a ton from random stangers. Tom Cruise is 5'2. lol. I guess him being famous helps tho...=p

You need to pick up the book The Game. Gry. I just started reading it and it makes some great points. It's older but I think you will really benifit from it.

Archived