knowing your league?

noneStar

bmw, sorry that I don't have a scientific study at my finger tips, so I suppose I will bow out. And I apologize to those I have offended.

are you ok.. seems like you got some anexity there... i am not asking for scientific experince.. but you say its not true.. so do you have some personal experince you wanna share.. otherwise how do you know.. if its true or not... and i am not offended.. just curios on your thoughts

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely leagues. But it doesn't mean you can't step out of your league and get the game-winning goal.

If there weren't any leagues, you'd get 50+ y/o guys who work at Wal-mart picking up hot college girls that are almost a third of their age! It might happen once in a blue moon, but realistically not.

There's the

Physical League

Financial Status League

Age League

Intellectual League

Justice League of America

how so? i wish you could elaborate. and you didn't offend me.

isn't that leagues in sports like i said?

I agree with Ghost, there aren't leagues....

there isn't a man in the world that I'd think "oh I could never get a date with him"....no way, everyone is attainable.

And that's why you wouldn't have a chance.

exactly. you created your own league. you've lost without even trying. even if you tried and she rejected you, that STILL wouldn't mean there is a league. just means she has a preference and you are not it.

This reminds me of talking with the guys at work yesterday. They always point out other girls and are like, "I'd do that", "she's alright", "Her butts too big/small for me", etc. Basically they are constantly putting emphasis on girls looks and determine if they would ever date or "do" them. As if they even have a chance! According to them, no one is out of their "league". Please.

And, I'm not all "if you can dream it, you can do it!" naive at all about my thinking.

I am saying that where their isn't looks, there can still be attraction. Personality, intelligence, talent can all create monsterous attraction when the looks are lacking. I'm not saying you have to be super talented to get girls either.

Have you ever seen a girl play an instrument, dance, sing, bring up some random video game fact that no one ever gets the reference to, and instantly get turned on?

Happens to me all the time with guys.

And, in reverse, when a guy isn't turned on by my looks, I can pinpoint almost always the exact moment in the coversation when the guy think "woah, awesome girl!"

how do you figure that out?

you dont. i feel "leagues" and guys i felt where in my league kept me from landing alot of really cute guys in the past. i always thought some where out of my league which made me come off very stand offish and.. well.. akward lol.

And Johnny... you don;t know how many guys I used to tink where out of my league lol. Even if they did give me a glance which would indicate interest. I always felt a bit intimidated to approach a guy who I thought was too cute for me. (And no, strangely enough I don't feel I'm "ugly" nor unattractive... and yet I felt like they weren't in my "league". If I could go back I'd try and get over my hang ups, be more postive and just think "they're ALL in my league

Back in middle school and early high school, yes. I didn't get dates back then.

Now, I don't. And I am a lot happier.

I am trying to word this in a way that doesn't make me look like a bad person.......but.....I have enough trouble trying to get dates with females I am not at all attracted to.

Again....as I said...i'm just beiong realistic.

This reminds me of talking with the guys at work yesterday. They always point out other girls and are like, "I'd do that", "she's alright", "Her butts too big/small for me", etc. Basically they are constantly putting emphasis on girls looks and determine if they would ever date or "do" them. As if they even have a chance! According to them, no one is out of their "league". Please.

sounds like preference when they are judging the girls going by.

Hmm, somehow I don't think Clive Owen will come sniffing around, but I WISH.

you are saying he's out of your league? i still say no. it might be hard to get access to him as he's famous, but that doesn't mean anything. you might not be his type. you might hang with him and hate his personality. is that leagues? still NO.

i'm being realistic too jonny. you will never know if you don't try. don't you ever wonder how many opportunities with women passed you by because you didn't say anything? not even a 'hi'.

I have asked females out. But it's always no.

I just don't see the point in going up to the hottest girl and trying to get her.

There is no point in that. I could never have her.

I just don't see the point in going up to the hottest girl and trying to get her.

it could be your approach. a lot of the times the hottest girl only gets hit on by all guys. gotta stand out somehow man. say 'hi' and display your personality somehow. make her laugh.

you would be suprised the hottest girls get asked out the least... a lot less then the avarge looking girl.. for the exact reason you speak of.. most guys when they see a hot girl.. there scared about rejection so they dont even bother.. wheres the avarge girl always gets asked out because guys feel she is more attaniable...

I dated many really hot girls.. and they always spoke the same thing.. that they never get asked out.. because they intimated guys...

Archived