knowing your league?

noneStar

What am I suppose to do?

Wear a neon sign that says, "Please go out with me?" lol

You think there aren't other guys making her laugh that are far better looking that me?

a good sense of humor is great.. if you can make a women laugh and feel secure. you will def stand out...

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can always educate yourself. I believe that it doesn't matter where you go to school, it's the focus you have behind the studies. Harvard doesn't make a person smart, it's their own ambition. And a community college student could be far more learned than an Ivy leaguer if they truly care about their education. I know many that are.

As for family, I think newer generations put less emphasis on family ties and more on individual. Such as, I plan very much to be independent from my family. Every generation becomes less attached to family ties, as a general trend in the U.S.

OH my.. debaser, I know you mean well..but... oh my!!

That's what I'm talking about. You CAN get anyone you want because you can become as good of a catch as you want to be.

Debase, would you ever go out with a male who's 40+ if everything is great? We are talking chemistry, compatiblity, even physical attraction? Or would the age gap be too much?

Ghost, I derailed the convo.

I firmly believe that you CANNOT get someone out of a so-called 'league' -- unless you have a lot of money..

again thats not really true.. you dont have to have money to date hot girls or guys.... lot of people dont place that much emphesies on money... as long as you have a nice home, food, clothes and some money its okay..

i dated hot girls when i was broke... because i made her laugh, had confidence, made her feel good. i was confident i could provide her things money could never buy...

Fine, people can do as they wish.

If they want to draw imaginary lines to inhibit who they may and may not date, I have no problem with that.

I, however, will continue to go after any guy I please.

Leagues are just the reinforcement of some people being better than others as far as value goes. I think if you lose that way of thinking, people would have higher self esteem and self worth.

again thats not really true.. you dont have to have money to date hot girls or guys.... lot of people dont place that much emphesies on money... as long as you have a nice home, food, clothes and some money its okay..

i dated hot girls when i was broke... because i made her laugh, had confidence, made her feel good. i was confident i could provide her things money could never buy...

I am female.

Debase, would you ever go out with a male who's 40+ if everything is great? We are talking chemistry, compatiblity, even physical attraction? Or would the age gap be too much?

The creepiness factor would be too much.

I'm 20...I'm not fully grown. To have a much older gentlemen hit on me would create a creepiness factor that I cannot express. And my mother would have a seizure over it.

You can always educate yourself. I believe that it doesn't matter where you go to school, it's the focus you have behind the studies. Harvard doesn't make a person smart, it's their own ambition. And a community college student could be far more learned than an Ivy leaguer if they truly care about their education. I know many that are.

As for family, I think newer generations put less emphasis on family ties and more on individual. Such as, I plan very much to be independent from my family. Every generation becomes less attached to family ties, as a general trend in the U.S.

Education cost money, and it may be true for the US but there are a bigger world out there, arranged marriages are still alive today if you have a look! It may seem black and white for me and you but it is not that way when some one earn 700k a year and the guy 20k or vise versa.

The creepiness factor would be too much.

I'm 20...I'm not fully grown. To have a much older gentlemen hit on me would create a creepiness factor that I cannot express. And my mother would have a seizure over it.

You see, that's what I mean. There's different kinds of leagues. You are in the youth league. The guy's in a mature adult league.

To tell everyone there's no leagues opens up to some creepy old virgin/widow who thinks he's got a shot with a much younger female.

It is not that easy for everyone for everyone to get an 'education' as you say, is what I meant...

It depends on how you define education.

A degree is a fair indicator of an education. But, not an absolute.

I know many who are very educated and intellectual people who haven't finished any amount of "standard" university.

you would be suprised the hottest girls get asked out the least... a lot less then the avarge looking girl.. for the exact reason you speak of.. most guys when they see a hot girl.. there scared about rejection so they dont even bother.. wheres the avarge girl always gets asked out because guys feel she is more attaniable...

I dated many really hot girls.. and they always spoke the same thing.. that they never get asked out.. because they intimated guys...

Of course they intimidate guys. They're hot .Hence why they don't get approached as much.

You see, that's what I mean. There's different kinds of leagues. You are in the youth league. The guy's in a mature adult league.

When we talk about leagues, a kind of hierarchy is implied. It's a ranking system.

It's not the same for age. There is no age group that is better than another.

To tell everyone there's no leagues opens up to some creepy old virgin/widow who thinks he's got a shot with a much younger female.

LOL, sorry, but that was funny. But -- don't forget the old, creepy men who hit on every young women.

But, that is not the same.

With age, we are in 2 VERY different parts of our life. It is not that he is past his prime and I'm up on my youthful pedastal yelling "next" because his body nor mind isn't good enough for me.

It is because the age has created a problem with us ever being compatible in our goals, wants, and lifestyle. And the social stigma of it all. That would be hard to live with as well.

Education cost money, and it may be true for the US but there are a bigger world out there, arranged marriages are still alive today if you have a look! It may seem black and white for me and you but it is not that way when some one earn 700k a year and the guy 20k or vise versa.

It really depends on how you define education.

I really don't think going to a university makes you any more educated. Or a degree for that matter. It is the ambitioun the individual puts behing it.

It really depends on how you define education.

I really don't think going to a university makes you any more educated. Or a degree for that matter. It is the ambitious the individual puts behing it.

very true.. going to college was more for partying and socilizing for me... honestly didnt really learn that much.. my drive after colloge is what get me to where i am today...

college is a business there out to make money by tuition...

Archived