THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Jinky,

I agree with you man. NC cant work long term obviously if you want them back. My ex left a few days ago. AGAIN. I am finally seeing the light. She wants the old confident me back. Not the begging crying baby that I became. NC is the opposite of what she expects. Thus is why it works. But I can already feel myself coming back. And by the time I am fully back who knows if I will even want my ex back?

Just keep cool, calm, and collective. Its your confidence that will bring her back. Once you realize this its game over.

Day 4 for me! We work directly together (and our cubes are next to one another, eek!), so it's very LC at work - strictly business and only when needed, but still polite. Otherwise it's NC the rest of the time. I'm wondering whether the NC portion is having a more drastic effect at work, because I've returned to my happy, friendly, chatty self with my immediate co-workers, but of course not with her. Here and there I get the impression this is annoying her now. For instance, right now she has her headphones in, which is not totally unusual (although she doesn't 'plug-in' that often), but the difference is that she's cranked the volume all the way up. I don't think I've heard the volume that loud with her headphones before. But in some Friday cube-isle banter a few minutes ago with some other co-workers, I could clearly hear her music from 1 - 2 cubes away. It's weird; I'm doing NC for myself but aside from the fact that she doesn't deserve my friendship now anyway, I'm not doing anything to be purposefully mean, but reactions like this do make me feel better.

Day 1 after talking to her yesterday and wednesday, i was doing so well after 19 days, then her talking to me gives me this false hope and makes me restart all over again. I have no idea how she feels about me and our limited contact doesn't help at all. I am ready to see her next week because I just need to know how it feels to be with her and if things are okay or not, this not knowing sucks pretty bad.

Day 7

From waking up early this morning until lunchtime, I felt really anxious for some reason. Not sure if it was related to her though. I can't figure out what was wrong with me specifically. After lunch that went away and I have been mostly fine for the rest of the day. Still having occasional thoughts of her and what she's up to but mostly I'm focusing on myself and what I want to do. I find myself going through longer periods without thinking about her. It's only day 7 but I think this time it's going to stick. Day 30? Day 60? Day 100? Bring it on!

Day 12

I started talking to 2 guys yesterday. I must be crazy because they live more than an hour away from me. But... I don't care, I just want to talk to people, is all. I'm not planning to meet them or take them seriously. I have told them straight up about my situation and they understood.

Still, they are kinda weird. One of them is like a cold-hearted robot (I'm not talking to him tonight or ever again, lol!), and the other one is much nicer but I'm getting this strange feeling that he's not over an ex either even though he says he is. Soooo yeah, not gonna take his guy seriously. Too far, physically AND emotionally. But I don't blame him and I think he's a nice guy. What's wrong with having friends, right?

Anyway, about my financial situation... My dad is going to go to Virginia on his own ina couple of days. And then in 3 weeks or so, I'll be moving in with him. I remember taking that broken heart calculator and it says I'll be over my ex in 8 weeks. It's been 12 days since we spoke and since he dumped me. So according to the stupid calculator, I'll be over him on September 19. Great. 2 more days till it will be 2 weeks. 6 MORE WEEKS TO GO!

Day 5. She just broke NC. Said she's been praying for me and my mom who is sick. She said she knows I won't respond but... It's hard not to respond. I really love her. I justt can't let her put me through this every month. Either you're with me 100% or not.

Day 5. She just broke NC. Said she's been praying for me and my mom who is sick. She said she knows I won't respond but... It's hard not to respond. I really love her. I justt can't let her put me through this every month. Either you're with me 100% or not.

I'm sorry. Just hang in there!

Day 3.

She came into our work on her day off yesterday. Walked through my floor, i awknowledged her, then gave her a thumbs up. She gave a pathetic smile....

We're both working tomorrow, i wonder if she'll ignore me like a child again... lol.

Day 2

She was in my dream last night, I was back at college, going to class, the whole dream was me waiting and hoping to see her when she got to class, remember seeing her vividly in my dream, she was so cute, I am excited to see her on Wednesday but I am very nervous as well. I miss her a lot and I have no idea how she feels about me, it sucks big time.

I have been doing the no contact thing for 11 days now. I never sent my ex a letter stating we werent to have contact or anything like that. Should I? and what should it say. Like i said its been 11 days by now im hoping she is at least wondering about what i am doing. who knows.

Day 3

Its weird how things and people change I never thought I'd lose her she is know with someone else but still says things to keep me there I'm doing no contact for my own good she knows how I feel for her and apart of me wants her to realise it is me she wants

Day 0

Broke no contact for the 3rd time in four days, I am starting to make a bad habit out of this. We texted for about an hour about little things, when she was moving back to school, asking when I was, small talk, nothing too personal or heavy. I cut the convo short saying I had to do something and would talk to her later, thought it'd be best if i ended the convo instead of her. Still I am not sure how she feels, I mean she texted me back quickly most of the time. This sucks everyone, I see her next week, what do I do?? NC till then?

Day 13

Planning on picking up my guitar playing. I started doing that when I was with my recent ex... When he dumped me, I felt unmotivated (rightfully so) and didn't continued. But now, I'm willing to kick myself in the butt and try again. It would be so awesome to learn how to play a guitar. Maybe making music will make my entire situation (as well as for the rest of my life) feel 100x better now that I have an outlet for all of my negative, and the positive, feelings that will come to me.

1 more day till it'll be 2 weeks. I'm amazed at my strength to not break NC with him not even once, even if it was difficult and hurtful. Woot!

End of Day 22 for me. But hell this is my 2nd or 3rd crack at NC. Even when I decide to C, I don't know what exactly to say? I know the goal is to get her to go to lunch/coffee with me just to see the "new me" and hopefully draw an attraction again but I seriously fear I am going to say something to screw it all up.

I am miserable as hell. This was easier a week ago then it is now.

Day 7 She called. She is drunk and telling me how sad she has been this week. She says I'm a jerk for deleting her friends from Facebook. She seems to only want to tell me how upset she is with me. This isn't going anywhere. Wish I wouldn't have answered. NC definitely works though. I'll start over tomorrow.

Day 1

I've had a few bumps in the road these last couple of days which is to be expected since I will be seeing her in a few days, possibly on tuesday. We texted for about an hour about small stuff until i ended the convo just to leave her hanging so she didn't feel like I was pushing the convo forward. It was good to talk to her but obviously I won't know how she feels about me until I see her in person. I really have no idea on how to go about this but I will do my best haha