THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 77. Tonight I saw her sister for the first time in 5+ months and she comes up to me and hugs me. She lives with my former. She told me they were robbed and that my watch I bought my former was one of the stolen items taken. Funny how reasons come and go.

DAY 27 and I ruined everything! I sent him email after email because I found out my ex was back in town (he said he would call me after a month when he is back to "talk") and I found out he celebrated his birthday in London and I just flipped, forgot about NC and emailed him straight away, no reply, feel like crap and don't know if its worth going back to NC

wish_on_a_star, sorry to hear you're having a rough time...I came really, really dangerously close to e-mailing my ex yesterday--e-mail composed and mouse pointer on the "send" button--so I know how quickly emotions can take over and make us forget what we had planned to do.

Day 13 for me. Talking to my friend last night (the one who hadn't heard anything about the break-up before then) was actually really helpful. Something about relating the whys of the break-up to a new audience reminded me that, yeah, I loved him and he loved me, but he was REALLY being a jerk to me there at the end. And she was a really good listener and contributed stories about friends of hers that helped shed light on my situation and made me realize that no, I really, really don't need to contact him.

And yet I can already feel the resolve fading a bit...I'm glad tomorrow is Monday and I'll have another work week to distract me!

I'm in a great place today in my life. I got a guy's number, thinking about calling him up tomorrow night to arrange a double date with me and him, and our friends who are now a couple. I'm so happy, but... I am still thinking about the ex. It doesn't hurt anymore. It's been 5 months, and I hope he's doing okay wherever he is. But I have to move along and not feel bad about it anymore.

Only 9 days to go until I complete a month of NC. I usually break NC after a month, so this time, I'm gonna go on longer. I'm gonna do it!

Day 19.

I'm off and on today.

Been venting on here in my thread "is it really over this time?" in hopes that SOMEONE can give me some advice because everything I'm doing doesn't seem to work or last for very long.

it hurts. it hurts. it hurts.

I'm not going to call him... but I want him to call me!

Day 14, doing pretty well though definitely also in that "Not going to contact him but WHY isn't he contacting me? Jerk..." space.

I have to drive past his apartment on the way home from work and today I didn't think about it till I was past it. I know the real victory will be when I don't notice at all, but still...progress.

Day 14, doing pretty well though definitely also in that "Not going to contact him but WHY isn't he contacting me? Jerk..." space

I felt like this, too, but the less he tries to contact me it only confirms that he doesn't care about me and then it makes NC easier.

Day 6.

Trying to stay busy. Not doing very well at it, the more I think about him and get distance the more I see him as somewhat of an awful person. He had some good points, but he was really good at playing the victim (when in fact he treated me and former gf's like crap, i.e. cheating etc...)

lostandunhappy- good luck on your date- try not to compare her to your ex (not fair to her) but maybe she will have some unique, amazing qualities that will blow you away in a different way

Day 15 - Halfway through the challenge!

One of my friends was asking why I'm never on AIM anymore...Didn't know how to explain that it makes me sad if my ex IMs me and it also makes me sad if he doesn't. I guess I should try to be on some, though, since isolating myself can't be good for me either.

Got my college stuff done, so I'm going to enroll on the 24th of this month. So excited! I also have a date friday night, so that's also awesome. All in all, I like where I am in life. I'm starting to love myself (not in an arrogant way, of course, more or less in a healthy self-esteem way) more and more as each days come and go. I'm almost done with my first month of NC so I'm just so darn proud of myself right now.

8 more days to go!

Yay, fruitapus, congrats on making it to the 30 day mark! I do think the rate of healing slows down around the 15 day point, because you're past the initial withdrawal symptoms but it's still a long, long way to happy.

And also yay for vertigoxo, you'll be at the 30 day mark soon too! I hope the date goes well, I just changed myself back to "single" on the dating site where I met the ex and am hoping to get some dates lined up soon too. Just casual ones, but still, I think it might help.

Day 22

Trying to keep myself occupied. Thinking more about me and what is going on in my life than what might be going on in his. Guess that's a good sign, right?

Almost at day 30. What is supposed to happen when I get there? Do I contact him? Because I don't think I will. All the advice from my girlfriends I have gotten is to "work on me. focus on myself. When he contacts you, and he will, you'll know what to do."

Day 16, feeling a bit down but staying strong.

Lavender, I think it's up to you whether you contact him or not--if you don't feel like contacting him, you definitely don't have to! The point of the 30 days is really so that, if someone DOES get to Day 30 and still feels as much like contacting their ex as they did on Day #1, they at least do so with a slightly clearer head.

lostandunhappy- good luck on your date- try not to compare her to your ex (not fair to her) but maybe she will have some unique, amazing qualities that will blow you away in a different way

Day 15

Date was awesome didn't judge her or even compare her to my ex. Just decided I was going to have a good time no matter what happened. Even had a little kiss at the end of the night, was strange to start with as it felt like I was being unfaithful to my ex. But that feeling didnt last long as it felt good

Day 15

Date was awesome didn't judge her or even compare her to my ex. Just decided I was going to have a good time no matter what happened. Even had a little kiss at the end of the night, was strange to start with as it felt like I was being unfaithful to my ex. But that feeling didnt last long as it felt good

Yay! Happy for you- I have a first date in a week, hope it goes well

Yay! Happy for you- I have a first date in a week, hope it goes well

I'm sure it will go great and will make you feel amazing Im sure. I even got a 2nd one lined up with her tomorrow night and another one with a different girl on Saturday. Feels great to feel attractive and wanted again

I took your advice and was totally open minded about the whole situation. To be perfectly honest I didn't think about the ex much at during the date and a hell of a lot less during the day today. Progress finally!