THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

this time it's my idea...

time to move on...

Hi imjgh

It's your idea, so your in control! I found NC quite empowering which for me was a good thing.

I'm on day 40 something or other (not really counting anymore), and I hope you can get to the same place too.

Hopefully you can still smile a little bit

Day 0 [should be 38]

Well what can I say I sent him a silly off-line IM. I had no reason to this time.

Last week he had sent me an IM just saying "hello" but I didn't see it till 4 hours later by which time he was offline so I sent an off-line message back saying "hi, how r u?" so he knew that I wasn't purposely ignoring him (I want him back so what do you do when they make contact?)

Anyway I haven't heard anything back and its been on my mind constantly so today I sent another off-line message stupidly checking that he had got the other one, (huh like hes not going to) but then I went into detail why I had had to end our "friendship", how it was the hardest thing I have ever done and then, to top it off, to tell him I still missed him loads ..... yikes, what did I do that for???

Its done. I know I am going to hurt and regret it deeply when I don't get anything back. I hate him for making me think of him when I had got so far but I hate myself more for falling for his "whatever it was"?

I am going straight back into NC.

Day 9

I went for two days without coming close to tears. Today is harder bc he usually comes in on Fridays and I don't want Friday to come. One of my friends also asked me what if you two do get together, how will you overcome this pain? I was a little bit hurt by this because isn't this what I am working on now?

I don't want to reconcile so the pain could just go away.... I need to find my own happiness first. It was and is still a work in progress.

Then I started thinking "what does she know? Because she is friends with him on FB. I've asked not to know anything about what is on it... I can't guage the status of anything on a social network site. Especially if he rarely is on it." I'm trying to work on moving forward.... but I feel I'm taking a step back.

Day 9.

His mom checked in with me yesterday, and I was cordial with her...said I missed her and she said the same. She did alot for me when I moved into my very first apartment when we first broke up 9 months ago. They gave me some furniture, her and the ex's dad...the sister has always been totally nice to me. I told her I'd be taking off on vacation this weekend, and she wished me well. She invited me over today and I refused, and invited me over when I come back from vacation, which I also refused. She understood my reasonings for it, that I just thought it would be too painful, and I would want too much to see my ex, who lives there. I think refusing to hang out and "be available" like always, holding out hope for him to see me and fall head over heels again was a HUGE step forward. Yet I still feel sad about it.

So I'm going to continue separating myself from his family, even though it hurts because they were always like my second family. But I know it must be done, because I can't be tempted to know how his life is going, if he's been asking about me, and yadda yadda. But I still have not talked to the ex whatsoever, and he hasn't reached out to me, and that does still cause me to have a sinking feeling when I wake up and go to bed when he still hasn't contacted me...but I have the hope that those feelings too shall pass.

Sigh...I just wish I could stop thinking about him and missing him...he clearly doesnt seem to care or think about me..ugh.

this time it's my idea...

time to move on...

You can do it bro, I am pulling for ya!!!!!

I am no longer on NC again I broke by saying hey its cool we can be friends through a text like a week ago or so, she called 4 days after the text and we talked. I really want her back so.......Im gonna try the moving on thing when she is still in contact so she knows what I am doing and maybe comes running back to me which would be nice, I never initiate contact and I never ask specifics or give out specific info, honestly its working. She is calling texting and emailing more then ever and she is really getting worried I might actually be moving on!!!!! Haha lol, even though I dont think I am maybe I am ha I really have no clue but I am so happy with the situation right now!!

Good luck to all you NC'ERS, Im trying a diffrent route and I think its working!!

not to sound pessimistic.. but i tried that route..

now im in NC again

Ha lol, thanks buddy!!! I have this feeling that everyones path is diffrent and I will see what happens!! Im getting out meeting lots of new people and having fun so......we'll see what happens!!

ugh.. so i just go on link removed to order some supplements.. and she is in a freaking ad on there.. what the crap.. i cant avoid her stupid self.. she is such an idiot and i HATE her.. now i cant even enjoy bodybuilding because of her..

Its ok bro just ignore it you can do it stay strong, just work out harder with the anger you have built up thats what I have been doing!!!!

Day 15

A very mixed bag today, started the day feeling ok, not too bad. But yet again that good ole’ Friday feeling sneaks back in! Its not a good feeling, it’s the realisation of another weekend without her, another Friday night without her to go home to, all I can see is happy people going home to enjoy their weekend whilst I dwell on past happy Friday nights and weekends with her and then get really down because of that. I shouldnt be feeling like this, I have a great weekend planned and am doing lots of stuff… sad thing is I would trade it all to just spend a night in watching TV with the girl I fell for last December/January.

Again I am aching for my idealised version of her, the person she was for a while and the person I want her to be, but not the person she turned out to be, which is all sorts of wrong, but I cant seem to help it. I feel like she is holding one end of an elastic band and the other end is attached to my back, I am pulling and stretching the elastic band as I try and walk away from her, sometimes I get quite far away from her and start to feel ok, but then the tension in the elastic band gets too much for me and boing!!! I fly back towards her and the sad feelings and I am at square one again feeling like crap. I really want that elastic band to snap, I hope if I keep walking away and stretching it that it will finally snap, and hopefully soon!!

Its ok bro just ignore it you can do it stay strong, just work out harder with the anger you have built up thats what I have been doing!!!!

yeah i know.. what a slap in the face htough right.. its the freakin banner on the side of the website.. and hers is the first one that pops up..

what are the chances... like 1 in 50?

yeah i know.. what a slap in the face htough right.. its the freakin banner on the side of the website.. and hers is the first one that pops up..

what are the chances... like 1 in 50?

Not gonna lie that is a little rough, its cool though hopefully the next 50 times you check out the site it will be someone else!!!! I have the same problem to My ex works out at the same place as me and I have yet to see her but im dreading it, just have to be sure to act really happy like I just won the lotto!! HAha. I think she has been avoiding goin to the gym, we have the same hours for work and we used to hit the gym together, eh whatever no big deal life goes on!!!

Day 59.

Had dreams bout her again last night, Some good some bad. I am slowly moving on, I think of her less and less but I still do think of her. Still hard to not contact her seeing it has been almost 2 months. But still 2 months is not enough time in the grand scheme of things. I think If I havnt heard form her by month 9 I will just pop a quick email and just see how she doing. (not sure yet on that though)