THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

imjgh, You are a great person and all your post make me feel stronger and happier, thank you so much for all your concerns and really understanding the importance of life and expressing it to me and everyone else. I am so happy for you and it seems like she might be the one!!! Good luck!!

Just wanted to say thanks.

thanks cheeks...

i value the input and friends i have made on this site. i can honestly say the nc period was the hardest time of my life and i have lost both of my parents so that gives you some idea how truly difficult it was.

but it helped me in so many ways....

there isn't a doubt in my mind that she is the one, my destiny.

i told her last night i will love her more a year from now regardless and i mean it. when i think of the wonderful times we spent in our first year and how fast it went....i just can't believe the time went by. i know our ld with be a challenge but it too will pass swiftly. all i care about is her loving me and me loving her...we'll work on the rest of it....

having her in my heart makes my life whole...

good luck on your journey

imjgh,

Ahhh... I love the wait/patience part. Inspirational sir.

patience is so very important.....be still and listen...you will be able to hear what your heart is saying....

I will move forward and get through this and find the happy, confident person I use to be prior to the breakup. And then there's today, when I am wondering if he misses me and what I did wrong..... I hate how breakups ccan make us feel this way. Perhpas tomorrow will be a good day.

that person is there right now....it's up to you whether you choose to be that happy or unhappy person. it's up to all of us and some days are easier than other....the choice is ours...some people can walk on hot coals, i know i can't but some can....do they have magic feet or do the make the choice to not accept the pain?

why are some people constantly ill and others don't go to a doctor for years. i happen to belong to the latter group...i go for checkups, can't remember the last time i was ill and had to go to the doc. sure if i'm in a car accident today i will go...and there are days when i feel like crap.

ever notice how some kids get perfect attendance every single year and some(like my son) who miss more than a few days every year? coincidence?

you are that happy person you talk about, now get out there and just do it...go ahead, act happy, i just bet you will feel that rush and actually start feeling better and dare i say it, happy....go try, what have you got to lose?

never give up...

*UPDATE*

Well today has been two weeks of NC since I last talked to my EX.

I have been doing really good and really feel like im starting to move on..

Although i had a bit of a setback today. I used to be my Ex's trainer (she comptetes in figure shows) and (my freaking fault, I should have never looked at this guys website to find out) I found out that she has hired a new trainer =( . I don't know she afforded this guy.. she is broke and I know he charges about 1800 dollars for 6 months of training.

I dunno its just weird.. i was always her support through contest prep last year and i always felt she needed me.. now i she doesnt anymore.. the guy she hired is a 10x better trainer then me and has a ton more experience..

I guess in a way i'm happy for her because i know she is in good hands.. but a little piece of me really wanted her to fall flat on her face without me.. but i know thats not going to happen now..

OH WELL .. its just one of those things you have to get over.. I will prolly never hear from her again now and she will forget about me.. i dont think i can ever forget about that girl.. maybe one day i will .. i hope

Girlfriends mom died from a long illness 2 months ago and g/f has been pushing me away in the time leading up her death. Month after her mom passed away g/f wanted some time to think. she then emailed me 2 weeks later to say she didnt think we were over,was thinking of me, we had things to sort out and missed me. So i replied that i missed her too. then last weekend she text me asking to meet up, i agreed expecting some kind of "let's sit down, work things out and give it a try". turned out she wanted to split up, said she wanted to look after her dad and didnt think it was fair on me to let me wait until she felt ready. probably just trying to let me down lightly.

anyway next day, i text her, she text back, i text back just general chitchat. not heard anything back. its her birthday next week so going to post her a normal birthday card(considering her circumstances) see if she texts me then i will go NC and sit it out until i feel stronger. She used to be on MSN a lot(got less over the months) but rarely now. Seen her on facebook this week but neither of us have spoke. these days with msn,mobiles and emails its easy for people to get intouch if they want to. old days it was either landline phone(no answer machine) or by post.

Planning to join the gym next week. found it hard sleeping (4-5hours a night) max the worst bit is waking up not hurting then it hits you again. also manage to keep myself together at work but then need to let myself go once i am on way home in the car.

going to be a long summer but been filling up my weekends

Day 1.

Had a final "date" last night and let it all out (and ended up embarassing myself by being really emotional, but I have no regrets. At least she knows how I feel.) I told her not to contact me for the next 6 months unless she wants to work on being together.

I'm doing okay so far, I just wish I had some friends in this town

Today was day 0, got the break up news today. This guy might have been a rebound from my previous relationship but I felt like I was really starting to fall for him- unfortunately kept pushing him away. It worked Sent a couple sad emails and one voicemail asking for another chance, but have since deleted all is contact information and will work on myself.

Here's to day one starting tomorrow. Sad

K

k1k1,

How do you feel?

Day 6,

I woke up this morning and I miss him. I didn't ache for him. Progress I think. I'm at work and the only thing I can think of is how am I going to get through the rest of the day until tomorrow comes. I get off early, and just hate it.

Day 22. Keeping it up! Feel good.

I am at the point now that I really don't have any desire to ever try to be friends in the future with him. What kind of friend would be so nasty to me, even if it's in the past? I will never forget it all. But maybe I can forgive.

He says I was his best friend...I just can't comprehend that. Before me his best friend was a guy he had known for years and i know he would never dream of treating him the way he treated me as his "best friend". Why was it OK to verbally and emotionally abuse me? Manipulate me? Control me? Was it because I was his wife and I should have to put up with that? I would never do that to a best friend! He says I was no better. Sure, OK. I admit I am not perfect. But when somebody abuses you for so long, you start to defend yourself, and turn into somebody you don't recognize just to survive.

Day 2, but had some good news back on day 0- he emailed me his concerns, particularly that he tried to express to me how he feels but it wasn’t getting through to me. He also asked for a couple days to think on things and said we’d talk again (but he didn’t want to “talk” over email and he is away right now).

So I think that was a good email- even though he had asked me not to write him previously he still wrote me and promised we would talk again. I know I meant a lot to him- I’m just especially talented at destroying relationships. Well, staying strong and avoiding throwing myself at his feet and begging (even though I kinda want to).

-K

i'm back...well sort of, i will be going nc on tuesday, day after tomorrow.

it's over, she will not consider a long distance relationship.

for those who don't know the story she is moving up to virginia for family reasons, or so she says. we had 13 glorious months, totally in love, at least i was and she says she was too...we were best friends....we had a BLAST together...i so wanted to spend my life with this woman.

ld would have been a challenge but now we will never know will we? she says she wants to stay in touch with me, i asked why and she said she wants to see how i'm doing....funny, real funny. if you freaking care about how i'm doing how about you TRY a ld relationship for one month...oh wait, you don't have time to try....well, don't let the door hit you on the way out....

to say i'm angry is an understatement. after all what did i do but love this girl unconditionally and treat her so well....well chalk up yet another defeat for the nice good guy....me. don't worry, i know that SOMEWHERE in this world there is a intelligent wonderful woman who loves to laugh and enjoys the simple things in life....oh yeah, she likes that i bring her flowers often, i open and shut the door for her and respect her....the fact that i don't lie, i will never cheat nor will i hurt her....

so if you are out there somewhere in central texas, let me know....oh yeah, if you have plans to move back to wherever you came from....sorry, i'm not doing this again.

4 more days and I'll be done with the challenge. I still want to contact him about my visit to his city in 4 weeks but Im not sure its a good idea.

Afraid I might start feeling bad again wether I see him or not (not seeing him will be disappointing while seeing him might bring back old feelings to the surface and could be difficult to deal with). Then again, if I go there and do not attempt any contact at all, I might regret it too. He cut contact in a very abrupt way and I didnt get any closure...guess I'm still hoping to achieve that. Its been 4 months since we last had contact so Im thinking he might be more disposed to talk about things without animosity. We shall see...

DAY 16...

Just when i though i was almost healed I think I broke NC.:sad:

A friend told me my ex is leaving the country in a week to go back to her country and on her FB she states 'its too late now flights are booked'. i cannot see her FB as I blocked it.

I dont know if this message is focused at me but it may be that the break up has been difficult for her too (she is the one who messed up by lieing and cheating). So she has decided to start fresh in her own country.

Anyway I stupidly called her late last nite without even thinking about what I was going to say from a WITHELD NUMBER. she answered and I realised how stupid and unreasonable I am being and hung up.

Theres a strong chance she does not suspect it was me.

So did I break NC? I did not speak with her even though I called?