THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Only one more day to go. What happens after that???

Just went on to facebook and my ex had posted on a mutual friends status. I had a slight twinge, but nothing major. Progress I think.

Must be something to do with the fact that I've kind of met someone else (on line and never done it before) and they seem very nice. The went a bit quiet for a while last week, but now they are back with a vengeance.

Hope everybody is doing ok too.

Someone once gave me some advice - the best way to get over a man, is to get on top of another one...LOL LOL LOL...so I am planning on doing just that.

Good for you!!! It was how I got over the break-up of my marriage. OK, so it didn't work out and it was the reason I found eNA ... LOL ... but nevertheless it still worked in its way!!

Day 24 ... I think

I'm glad to say that I am having a better day than yesterday although not perfect but then I don't expect it to be.

Day 1...(evening 1?)

we have just seen each other at the pub. It's still raw, we only broke up last week. I deleted his number from my phone at the insistence of mutual friends who we sat with, because I can't seem to leave him alone and give him the space he is asking for.

He said he understood it took a lot for me to do that, and he was proud of me. Before I left he sort of rubbed my shoulder/back as a compromise instead of a hug.

I will see him next week at the pub. If I had given him the space in the first place (and listened to him) we might still be together. I have to not phone/text, or comment on his facebook, etc. He wants to be friends and will contact me when he wishes, after he has had some space/time to think.

Everything has changed so suddenly..I'm unemployed and depressed, and used to see him constantly- now it's gone.

Good for you!!! It was how I got over the break-up of my marriage. OK, so it didn't work out and it was the reason I found eNA ... LOL ... but nevertheless it still worked in its way!!

Day 24 ... I think

I'm glad to say that I am having a better day than yesterday although not perfect but then I don't expect it to be.

Thank you Jellybaby. I'm glad your having a better day It's always a bit up and down at first.

Are you here at the moment?

I've just started another post on the healing forum. My ex is being an idiot. Have a read, it's worth a giggle. I am pretty mad at the moment though, and that just makes me more determind.

Day 1 Today-

Yesterday, I left the ball in her court and told her that if she wanted to get back, she could call me.

We broke up about 2.5 weeks ago.

It was quite painful yesterday night. If I talk more about it, its a bit better though.

day 6 -

Its the bank holiday weekend in the UK. The realisation that I am not going to see her over the next 3 days which are not being spent at work is tough to accept.

I think I may bump into her at some point as I live 20 seconds away. Hope I dont thouhg!

HI Guys

I am so pleased with myself that I got to Day 30. I've had some interesting/troubling news yesterday. The ex is telling a mutual friend that he has tried to get in contact with me (to make himself look good)

This is the link, it's on the healing forum - anybody wants to comment, give advice, please do. I'm stuck with what to do, if I defend myself it forces me to make contact and he might get an ego trip that he still has an effect on me. But I can't stand it when people lie to or about me.

It does makes me more determind though. Roll on the next 30 days.

Whoop whoop

Day 30

This is the longest in over two years we have gone without talking. (been broken up since mid november) Wish I woulld have done this earlier; got pulled through the ringer for a couple of months with "mixed" signals. Which of course she said she didn't see......yeah right.

So here is to continual healing!

On a side note, I made it to 30 days, I will not be counting the days anymore. She doesn't deserve any more of my time.

Thank you Jellybaby. I'm glad your having a better day It's always a bit up and down at first.

Are you here at the moment?

I've just started another post on the healing forum. My ex is being an idiot. Have a read, it's worth a giggle. I am pretty mad at the moment though, and that just makes me more determind.

Hi Cat

I have only just read your thread - must have just missed it yestereday. Hope you are feeling better today. I think you did the right thing by not sending the email.

Congrats on getting to 30 days. Are you sticking with this thread? I think I will be. Dont think I'm quite "there" yet. Day 25 for me and I'm feeling better that I have in the last few days. I think I feel more positive abut the future again.

HI Guys

I am so pleased with myself that I got to Day 30. I've had some interesting/troubling news yesterday. The ex is telling a mutual friend that he has tried to get in contact with me (to make himself look good)

I'm stuck with what to do, if I defend myself it forces me to make contact and he might get an ego trip that he still has an effect on me. But I can't stand it when people lie to or about me.

cat,

i did read your post and fwiw my advice is let go of what others think at this point. you should do what is best for CAT. it is hard enough for us to control ourselves we certainly cannot control what others do or say. i understand, people lying is a big deal BUT don't let them manipulate you...and trust me lying about you is manipulation. he knows that what he is doing is wrong and i have a sense it's not his first lie and won't be his last.

oh yes, lying is HUGE to me in my life and my journey so you have a right to feel pissed or hurt or whatever...just stay in control of CAT and keep on going down the path that is right for you.

my two cents...

you are on the right path, keep going and good luck....

Hi Cat

I have only just read your thread - must have just missed it yestereday. Hope you are feeling better today. I think you did the right thing by not sending the email.

Congrats on getting to 30 days. Are you sticking with this thread? I think I will be. Dont think I'm quite "there" yet. Day 25 for me and I'm feeling better that I have in the last few days. I think I feel more positive abut the future again.

Thanks...Your catching me up

I might hang around for a while. I like to keep you up to date with my wobbles.

woke up at 3 a.m. thinking of guess who....her....

i find as i approach day 30 and her decision i can't help but feel a sense of sadness. i think she requested this time to test me and see if my love is indeed true.

my love has not changed at all other than grow.

i still want to spend my life with her-but only if she feels the same about me.

i just want this over with....

have a wonder filled day everyone

Thank you. I agree and I think not saying anything or rising to the bait says more about me

it does...but i think it will keep you focused on doing the things you need(that all of us on this post need in fact) to do in order to get to happy land....

happy land...i like that, and i want to go there not just for a visit, i want to move there and live in happy land every single day....

anyone know a Realtor in happy land?

Wow today is a real weird one. For some reason today I feel a empitiness that I havnt felt since the actual breakup. I feel hopeless and sad. I miss my Ex and I want that feeling back.

Its day 46.

I am almost tempted to write her but I am going to stay strong and continue on. It is amazing how when you feel yourself getting over someone the memories creep back in and mess with your emotions.

Wow today is a real weird one. For some reason today I feel a empitiness that I havnt felt since the actual breakup. I feel hopeless and sad. I miss my Ex and I want that feeling back.

Its day 46.

I am almost tempted to write her but I am going to stay strong and continue on. It is amazing how when you feel yourself getting over someone the memories creep back in and mess with your emotions.

stay strong pdoog......focus....you have too many days to give up now....TRUST that in about 3 hours you will regret having contacted her....just DON'T do it....

just remember all the negative feelings about that ex, we seem to be able to remember all the good stuff but there is a reason they are your ex....

DAY 15

The past couple of days have been rough. Maybe it's because I found out through a mutual friend that she is seeing somebody. The weather is also getting nice out and we would normally be together going out and having a good time. I'm trying my hardest to stay strong. All day I was thinking of a reason to text her, but I held back.

Day 3

This is when it starts getting alittle harder for me. Especially since it's the weekend. A long weekend, in fact.

I'd like to believe what he said was true, that he's too busy for ANYONE, and that he's just going to spend the next few days running errands, or with his family, or whatever. But...part of me is so worried that he's met someone else, and has already forgotten about me. It's been 3 weeks since he broke it off...

But I've got lots of projects to work on. And some books to read. Lots of stuff to keep me occupied.

Day 3

This is when it starts getting alittle harder for me. Especially since it's the weekend. A long weekend, in fact.

I'd like to believe what he said was true, that he's too busy for ANYONE, and that he's just going to spend the next few days running errands, or with his family, or whatever. But...part of me is so worried that he's met someone else, and has already forgotten about me. It's been 3 weeks since he broke it off...

But I've got lots of projects to work on. And some books to read. Lots of stuff to keep me occupied.

agree with what you say bout already forgetting about you...i'm 4 weeks out, i wonder the same thing....

staying busy is key though imho...good luck on your journey