THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 7 and I dropped off the rest of his stuff at his dad's house today. He won't be back into the country for another 2 weeks so he wasn't there. I ran out of there so fast before anyone saw the water works. Now I feel good. A huge weight off my shoulders. I am definitely on the road to recovery. I still miss him, but I am having peace with it all.

Good job for getting rid of his stuff. Yeah it really DOES feel like there's a weight off your shoulders doesn't it? I met up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a couple months recently, and she told me that I looked different... and I said different how? and she said "well, you look lighter, light before this when you were still with ****, you used to always seem to have a huge weight on your shoulders, and like you were always thinking too much."

I guess the relationship and my ex were really a burden to me towards the end!! It's a good thing to get rid of them exes and start afresh with a blank slate! tabula rasa baby.

3 days for me. Broke up a week and half ago but was weak and contacted her repeatedly causeI wanted answer to get my closure.

Realised it does not matter now so initialised NC. Not easy by any means but as each day passes makes YOU stronger.

Problem is filling my time and keeping busy which I managed this weekend as I used to spend all my time with her.

You know, I think I just might! My friends and I were talking about having an ice-cream orgy. LOL my trainer won't be thrilled about it but to hell with it!

\\ LOL

Sounds like a good plan. I'll celebrate with you and eat a few over here in the UK (always happy to eat ice cream)

Don't worry about the trainer...maybe you could invite him to join you (is it the cute guy?).

Dammit. Guess I gotta start over tomorrow since I just answered an email from her.

Oh dear!

This is the bit where I get confused as to how NC should be handled. Its not always about us not contacting them is it? We can try our damned hardest but then what can we do if they contact us? If my ex contacted me and depending on what he said I may want to contact him back. I may be doing NC but I don't want to appear rude or immature. I think part of moving on is to be able to handle the situation with maturity and not let your emotions take over.

All I'm worried about is if he contacts me and having to start from day 1 again!! (Not that I'm expecting him to contact me so I'm not entirely sure what I'm stressing about!!)

Day 21 - a 3 whole weeks

I'm feeling better by the day - I think

i woke up early after having a dream and it was about her.....

not the way i wanted this day to begin but i find i can wake up in one mood and change drastically throughout the day--stuff just happens that cause you to go positive or negative.

perhaps i'll make my own choices today and be positive about life and my future without her...

Oh dear!

This is the bit where I get confused as to how NC should be handled. Its not always about us not contacting them is it? We can try our damned hardest but then what can we do if they contact us? If my ex contacted me and depending on what he said I may want to contact him back. I may be doing NC but I don't want to appear rude or immature. I think part of moving on is to be able to handle the situation with maturity and not let your emotions take over.

All I'm worried about is if he contacts me and having to start from day 1 again!! (Not that I'm expecting him to contact me so I'm not entirely sure what I'm stressing about!!)

Day 21 - a 3 whole weeks

I'm feeling better by the day - I think

hi jelly,

to me it's about what YOU want to do as far as contact, this is about doing things the way YOU see fit. IF there is something that can make you happier or stronger from the contact then go for it. in my case it's information, i need closure so i won't feel defeated or less than if/when that happens. i need it...

as to starting over at day 1 my feelings are don't worry about it, that's crossing the bridge before you get there. life is to be lived, i say if you want to do something go for it...as long as it's what YOU want to do. we will still support you regardless...

have a wonder filled day jb

I'm going to start the none communication today, he's seeing his ex again, all he's said is negative things about her, then he started ignoring me 3 days ago and gave me some bull * * * * excuse....I'm done today =(=(

stay strong kaydizzle....he sounds like a player and you deserve better...

3 days for me. Broke up a week and half ago but was weak and contacted her repeatedly causeI wanted answer to get my closure.

Realized it does not matter now so initialised NC. Not easy by any means but as each day passes makes YOU stronger.

Problem is filling my time and keeping busy which I managed this weekend as I used to spend all my time with her.

i know how you feel...the NOT knowing is killer and we do deserve some answers BUT nothing is promised in this life and if they make the choice to never tell us what can we do? we only can control what we think, we can't change them or the situation. we must move forward with our lives, we must know and believe there is a reason we are going through all this and we will be better in the long run.

ask youself this lion, would you really want to be with a person like doesn't value you enough to give you closure? if they don't care enough to do the honorable things in life why would we want to be with them? their true nature speaks volumes.....

Day 54

I had a little relapse last night and I didn't feel 100% this morning. I am consumed by thoughts of whether or not she still thinks about me. She probably doesn't but either way I shouldn't let it bother me.

Ok, what do I get when I reach 60 days?!

Day 3.

I accept the challenge.

I have had a rough couple of days with this and I miss the heck out of her and I cant stop thinking that she is only thinking bad thoughts about me and our past 4 year relationship, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on the other side of the NC?? Like what are you feeling when they tell you that they dont want to talk to you for a while unless they want to get back together and fix the relationship?? Are you mad and angery and does it just push them away?? Or do they hurt and get angery for a little bit then really start thinking about how much they miss you and want you back.

In other words some good news on the NC thing working to get your significant other back would be great. And how long will it take?

day 41

doing fine. still think about her constantly. miss her in the mornings the most when i wake up alone. wondering how someone who i loved so much and wanted to be with forever could break my heart the way she did. wondering why she doesnt want to be with me or talk to me and wondering why shed rather be with this new guy. i know im a great guy and dont deserve this. its just tough. i loved her with all my heart and she knew it. and i know she loved me too, still just dont understand. im trying to let go still just consumed by these thoughts. anyway off to the gym.

day 41

doing fine. still think about her constantly. miss her in the mornings the most when i wake up alone. wondering how someone who i loved so much and wanted to be with forever could break my heart the way she did. wondering why she doesnt want to be with me or talk to me and wondering why shed rather be with this new guy. i know im a great guy and dont deserve this. its just tough. i loved her with all my heart and she knew it. and i know she loved me too, still just dont understand. im trying to let go still just consumed by these thoughts. anyway off to the gym.

our situation sounds so similar....maybe we loved them more than they loved us? maybe we loved them too much....is that possible?

we need closure but that may never happen...

we deserve better

hi jelly,

to me it's about what YOU want to do as far as contact, this is about doing things the way YOU see fit. IF there is something that can make you happier or stronger from the contact then go for it. in my case it's information, i need closure so i won't feel defeated or less than if/when that happens. i need it...

as to starting over at day 1 my feelings are don't worry about it, that's crossing the bridge before you get there. life is to be lived, i say if you want to do something go for it...as long as it's what YOU want to do. we will still support you regardless...

have a wonder filled day jb

Thankyou imjgh. I think you are right about crossing that bridge when I come to it ... in my case I don't think there is a bridge to cross so I really shouldn't be worrying about it.

Hope you have a great day. Heres to another day's NC!!

Day 54

I had a little relapse last night and I didn't feel 100% this morning. I am consumed by thoughts of whether or not she still thinks about me. She probably doesn't but either way I shouldn't let it bother me.

Ok, what do I get when I reach 60 days?!

I'm sure she will think of you. I wonder the same thing and I'm sure my ex must think of me. We haven't just disappeared out of their memories. But like you say we shouldn't let it bother us.

Sorry you're not feeling so great this morning. I was driving in my car earlier and it just hit me all of a sudden. I've mostly been OK today. Its strange how it can still knock us down at times but we are strong, we can get back up again.

Thanks imjgh. It gets easier with the help of my fellow ENAers

agree...it helps to just vent....

i am so close to just calling her and saying "bye".....

i know it will pass...waiting another week won't kill me but patience is so hard for me....