THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I broke NC on Day 4, tore my achilles tendon playing softball and called her to get her friend's #, who is a doctor, before going to emergency room. Just sent my 2 kids to the airport without me for the FL trip I have been looking forward to so very disappointed. I needed this down time and also time with my mom and kids and now I am stuck in Iowa facing surgery

Day 13

imjgh,

Thanks for your supportive words. I get those odd nights too. I look over on the other side of the bed and feel sad. I still sleep on my side of the bed... I haven't moved to the middle yet. I woke up feeling drained... but I move... because work still exist. I started working out to build up endorphins (the happy brain chemical) because I didn't have them when we broke up (so I thought)... so that helps. (Besides, I feel good about myself afterwards which is icing on the cake.).. Hang in there... I believe that once we get ourselvesf out of this hell... we will be happier with or without him/her (preferrably with him/her)... but there is a better chance for a healthy reconciliation if we were both happy with ourselves. One day at time...

Cat76,

Stay strong... he will definitely notice you didn't contact him on his birthday... causing him to think of you... but you'll be spreading the Cat love somewhere else... and we will be here for you. Yay!!!!

I am on Day 5 of NC and 3.5 months after the break up. Had some ups and downs and LC. Well today I am doing very good. Things are happening and I am embracing it all with a open heart an an open mind.

I though my life was falling apart little did I know it was falling together.

first post here

Day 6

This is the second time we break up so not as shocking as the first. But this time we didn't actually officially finalise it, we probably both just knew..

A general feeling of sadness, missing his body but so far I can be reasonable.

day 47/last post

a guy ive liked for too long asked me out with his mates for the first time last night. had an awsome time! Dunno if anything will happen with him, but i got asked for a second date, and im gunna go! I feel like im really living again. I feel like im completely over my ex. And i dont think i will ever break NC, my life atm without him just seems to be getting better and better. I dont need him, he was never worth it.

I think this will be my last post for a long time, unless anything largely significant happens. This is the last thing i use to talk/think about my ex, and im healed, so its time to be done. Ive really appreciated this community, you've all really helped me become a bigger and better person from all this break up crap, and i dont think i would have been at this stage, without the encouragement, and inspiration to keep NC up.

Ive reached the light. I never regret ending things in the first place with my ex. And i dont want him in my life ever again. I probally only think about him, at the most, 20% of the day. I probally have a few more steps to climb, but im pretty much over him...

Good luck, and i wish everyone else all the best!

It's been 30 days of nc for me... 65 days since the breakup.

i'm really not feeling much better, sadly. even though i haven't been contacting her, i've found out a lot of things that worry me, disturb me and continue to reopen the wounds.

i wonder how i'll feel when we get to 60 days...

rsfm

Hello peeps

It's his birthday today. Am I going to send my best wishes, I think NOT. Will he notice, probably NOT. Am I bothered, absolutely NOT.

Hope everybody is ok. The sun is shining here and I'm about to walk my dogs. Today is going to be a good day.

and so it goes...another day in paradise.....

my girl wanted 30 days nc....i wanted to call her and just end it yesterday--came very close to doing so.

BUT, i realized several things--at this point i have one final thing i can do for her and that is give her time, and so i shall.

second, i am doing this for myself--ours was a wonderful relationship and we both gave our all to it. this is about me being able to walk away with my head held high and say that i gave my all to US with no regrets.

i will be a better man for doing so and right now i have to look out for myself. somewhere is a woman who will appreciate a guy like me.....

have a great day everyone, my son and i are headed out of town for a baseball tournament so this will be a fun weekend!

ccccccya

Broke it yesterday after 10 months. Told him thank you for everything. Asked him NOT to respond as I still cared for him.

He did. It was cold and heartless.

I should have stayed NC.

I'm sorry about that. It's a lesson learned and you don't need to be with someone who is cold and heartless anyway. Best to you.

Day 6

I am so much better today. My mindset is different and it's partially because I don't try to read or write about the break up anymore. When I get that urge, I get up and go do something for 10 minutes. Am I over it? NO!!! But I am trying to look forward to MY future.

Also, today I am dropping of the rest of his belongings at his dad's house. My place will be clear of him and I think that will help a lot. I decided that breaking up is hard enough, but it's definitely worst when you are living with the person. Will try to stay away from that for the time being.

I finally deicided to start NC today. Well I wanted to since a long time ago but didn't. I've been feeling pretty down lately. I started my own thread and was going to post there daily about my journey to recovery but I decided to do it here instead with everyone else. I'm feeling very depressed and sad. This week has been awful and everyday I feel like crying because I see him everyday and with other girls. I see him happy and I don't think it's fair that he gets to be happy while I'm still stuck. Today I promise I will try to not talk to him ever again and will ignore him no matter what. So today is Day 1.

Day 19

I am feeling numb. In the first few days I had a mix of emotions that, overall, balanced my feelings out for me. But right now I do not know how I feel. I still think of him everyday. I still have a sense of loss. I still miss him. But ... the sadness? ... I can't explain it, its like I know its there but I can't feel it. I think I am beginning to hit an emotional wall where I can't feel anything and I don't think thats a good thing because I don't feel happy either. I feel emotionally weary.

I wont back down this time but this is because I am scared of what I might find out if I get in contact with him. I am sure that I would be more hurt if I did so its better for me this way. The fact of the matter is I am too scared to get in touch with him which I guess is a good thing.

Day 14

Usually work keeps me occupied. Unfortunatelly it didn't help this morning. On the drive home from work, I bursted out crying in the car. I wanted to call him.... but didn't. The ball is in his court. He has to make that call. I already know what I want . But this time, I'm wiser. It hurts more on the weekends when I am by myself with my thoughts.

jellybelly41,

Reading your post reminds me of myself. Remember that he was a big part of your life, and the loss is a great loss. The numbness goes away eventually. Embrace those feelings and allow you to feel whatever you feel... it's part of the grieving process. The pain gets easier to bear, but that love.... I haven't figured that out quite yet to call it successful.. I am very much in love with him.

hiya jelly,

i know exactly how you feel....numb, confused...emotionally just worn out. i can't sleep for more than 90 mins. fun stuff...isn't. what the freak are we doing??????? why don't you and i get it? THEY are the one's losing out, WE are good people and we deserve someone totally awesome in our lives. i thought i had found my girl....jury is out. if not, she loses out on ME!!!!!! that guy, if he doesn't wise up and get after you HE loses....

gotta go....

Ekips and imjgh:

Thank you for your words. Its amazing isn't it ... how much of our time they still monopolise. Love is so unpredictable but I dont see why it has to be? There is no logic in love and I'm finding it hard to make sense of it all. I know I will get through this tho and so will everyone one else on here. It will be touch but, hey, we have ENA - it has helped me heaps. And I really do believe that everything happens for a reason.

We just got to keep on moving forwards.

Well its been 48 days since I last had any contact from her. Its been pretty easy because she has been on vacation for most of it. She is coming back soon so the real test begins soon. I think about her occasionally but I don't feel sad anymore. I've used the time I've had to really get into new hobbies, hang out more with old friends and make a few good new ones. I exercise a lot now and I haven't been this fit since I played sports when I was 15. When my ex broke up with me my self-confidence really took a hit but I think it is recovering nicely now.

I'm so proud of myself.. day 48! I still can't believe it