Online dating...nada!

KG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I beg to differ. I'm 41. See what I mean? Ouch.

yes, this is why you wouldn't want to put that in your profile.

BUT that does not mean your reasons are not legit. But your profile is a short window into your world and things that bear any type of real explanation are better left when it turns into a real dating scenario (maybe date two or something, you want to be honest, but you don't want to mention things before it has a chance to even take a slight root).

i WOULD remove the last part about marriage. You might scare women off even if the ARE looking to get married. She might feel a profile is WAY too soon to mention it and think you are just out shopping for a wifey!

JS it is an Indian Matrimonial Site (similar to dating site but with the main intention of marriage).

JS it is an Indian Matrimonial Site (similar to dating site but with the main intention of marriage).

I was going to ask you that first for clarification (because i suspected it might have been that type of indian dating site)....i should have. In that case it is appropriate to leave in, of course.

I was going to ask you that first for clarification (because i suspected it might have been that type of indian dating site)....i should have. In that case it is appropriate to leave in, of course.

yep that's what it is... and by horoscope they are not talking Sun signs like Aries, Leo, etc.. but rather the position of the planets at the time of your birth... that got to match with the girl's horoscope

I am getting out of that site.... its making me feel frustrated.... lot of great girls there but they won't accept contact because I don't belong to their caste (even though religions match)

yep that's what it is... and by horoscope they are not talking Sun signs like Aries, Leo, etc.. but rather the position of the planets at the time of your birth... that got to match with the girl's horoscope

I am getting out of that site.... its making me feel frustrated.... lot of great girls there but they won't accept contact because I don't belong to their caste (even though religions match)

Gotcha. Yes, i used to do astrology when i was younger - the complete natal chart that tells one exactly where the planets were aligned at birth. While i do think there is some uncanny truths that seem to be uncovered when you delve in at that length, it should only be used as a tool for fun not fidning your marital partner!

And since belonging to one's caste is so big in that culture, yes it will likely just cause you more frustration than joy to stay there.

Try link removed! LOL

I beg to differ. I'm 41. See what I mean? Ouch.

I'm sorry, no matter what I say I keep digging deeper, huh? Lol. Okay, here are the things that I have that guys might not like:

• I don't own my house, I only rent a small flat
  • I don't have a car and I don't drive
  • I've never been married and I don't have children (some guys read that as I'm desperate to meet someone and have babies...)

I'm really sorry if I've offended you - I seem to be somehow very clumsy in this thread!!

Gotcha. Yes, i used to do astrology when i was younger - the complete natal chart that tells one exactly where the planets were aligned at birth. While i do think there is some uncanny truths that seem to be uncovered when you delve in at that length, it should only be used as a tool for fun not fidning your marital partner!

And since belonging to one's caste is so big in that culture, yes it will likely just cause you more frustration than joy to stay there.

Try link removed! LOL

yep Natal Chart.. that's what it is....

wow.. we both seem to be made for each other... soulmates kinda.... we get along so well with each other... oooopss... wait a minute... just noticed this... you are a different caste. sorry.

yes, this is why you wouldn't want to put that in your profile.

BUT that does not mean your reasons are not legit. But your profile is a short window into your world and things that bear any type of real explanation are better left when it turns into a real dating scenario (maybe date two or something, you want to be honest, but you don't want to mention things before it has a chance to even take a slight root).

ooph, that's appealing. If I'm completely turned off by the thought of that scenario how attractive is it going to be to someone else? Not very. I think I'll just sit over here on the sideline for a while with my girl Charlene. Did I tell you about Charlene? She's got a solid maple body with a beautiful curvature and four strings. She's my bass guitar. When I'm away she sits in her case at home waiting for my arrival. When I get in, I take her out and we make beautiful music together. She's always there anytime day or night and always listens to what I have to say and always has the right answer. Yep, I'm pretty grateful to have her around, she's a blessing.

ooph, that's appealing. If I'm completely turned off by the thought of that scenario how attractive is it going to be to someone else? Not very. I think I'll just sit over here on the sideline for a while with my girl Charlene. Did I tell you about Charlene? She's got a solid maple body with a beautiful curvature and four strings. She's my bass guitar. When I'm away she sits in her case at home waiting for my arrival. When I get in, I take her out and we make beautiful music together. She's always there anytime day or night and always listens to what I have to say and always has the right answer. Yep, I'm pretty grateful to have her around, she's a blessing.

Now that would be nice in a dating profile, you know - that's very cute, ending up with something like "could you match up to Charlene?" and a pic of you holding the guitar looking all moody and lovely...

I'm sorry, no matter what I say I keep digging deeper, huh? Lol. Okay, here are the things that I have that guys might not like:

• I don't own my house, I only rent a small flat
  • I don't have a car and I don't drive
  • I've never been married and I don't have children (some guys read that as I'm desperate to meet someone and have babies...)

I'm really sorry if I've offended you - I seem to be somehow very clumsy in this thread!!

No apology necessary. No offense taken whatsoever. I don't see any of those things as negatives. But I think it's different for girls versus guys as far as the material aspects you've listed here. I think a man's material possesions tend to be viewed as more of sign of desirablity than a women's in general society. As far as the child aspect goes as long as you say in your profile whether or not you want children then whomever's viewing it can decide if they're interested or not but I wouldn't see it as a liability.

Now that would be nice in a dating profile, you know - that's very cute, ending up with something like "could you match up to Charlene?" and a pic of you holding the guitar looking all moody and lovely...

That's good! I like it! Food for thought...

Yes, but you don't have 'peter pan syndrome". The economy might drive you back to mom's house. Ju-les, that is going to be happening A LOT with this economy and qutie honestly i think the economy might bring back the nuclear family a lot more than years of past where families are sharing the home more to make ends meet.

And i love what HP did with the spin on Charlene. What a lovely and witty addition to a profile.

Yes, but you don't have 'peter pan syndrome". The economy might drive you back to mom's house. Ju-les, that is going to be happening A LOT with this economy and qutie honestly i think the economy might bring back the nuclear family a lot more than years of past where families are sharing the home more to make ends meet.

And i love what HP did with the spin on Charlene. What a lovely and witty addition to a profile.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right about that, but it sure does feel weird to me.

Again, why do I have to encourage heavier women to want to date me? I'm slim and toned, and not prejudiced against body sizes. But have never really been comfortable with bigger women.

I specified a height range and a general build for men. I figured the guys I'd be interested in wouldn't care so much.

I have had no luck with Match and it is because I am not fit. I have a serious condition that limits me from walking and I was a lot thinner before my accident. I would go out with KG in a heartbeat but I don't fit his criteria. Or any other man's criteria. I think I am going to delete my Match profile so I don't have to check to see if I have any emails or even winks and end up with nothing. I had 1 man that said he wanted to meet me and we talked a few times and he never got back to me. That was it. Oh besides the man that ended up being a fraud. But I think KG is one of the best out there and I hope he can find someone that fits him.

I have had no luck with Match and it is because I am not fit. I have a serious condition that limits me from walking and I was a lot thinner before my accident. I would go out with KG in a heartbeat but I don't fit his criteria. Or any other man's criteria. I think I am going to delete my Match profile so I don't have to check to see if I have any emails or even winks and end up with nothing. I had 1 man that said he wanted to meet me and we talked a few times and he never got back to me. That was it. Oh besides the man that ended up being a fraud. But I think KG is one of the best out there and I hope he can find someone that fits him.

Keep your profile up, WW. You are a sweet person, you have great qualities, and a disability doesn't rule you out. Go with what you got! It's what I'm doing!

No idea KG, I will usually reply to people with a good pic, funny email, detailed profile... I also don't find I am inundated with emails as seems to be the popular opinion re: women and online dating. I have a good pic - apparently people on here tell me - and a detailed profile, and yet I get one or two emails every now and then... Certainly not so many that I can't reply - then again I live in Sydney vs. some massive US city - so maybe that accounts for some of it?

Just keep trying is all I can say. It's only once in a blue moon that I seem to meet someone decent off there and so far nothing has worked out for me in 2 years of doing this - but it's a good experience, I have had some dates (which I would never have if I didn't do online dating) so I don't get too disappointed by it.

Also, have you tried Speeddate on Facebook - kinda fun application and it means you can chat to someone there and then - some weird people on there, but again sift through and you may find someone interesting and at least you can get talking straight away in live chat!

Good luck!

Ammy

Ok, back on track KG! LOL

One woman's tag was "Must love labs" My e-mail started with "Loves dogs, has cats."

Another..."Purlpe Haze"..I responded with "Hendrix was God"

I try to keep them from looking boring, want it to stand out!

This is golden. Seriously, it's catchy and MEMORABLE. From my very limited experiences with online dating, I'd say the guys that caught my eye were the ones that were memorable. Obviously, everyone is a fun loving person who likes to go out but also likes to spend time at home. Anyone can send an email with a subject line, "Hey." SNORE! You are taking exactly the right approach by sending messages with subject lines such as those.

YS

My first round of emails, it took about 50-100 to end up with the first match-met GF after dating 7-10 women. My second took about 15 emails and dating three women, and the third match met GF took one single email and one date. There were some interspersed false starts in between these.

Point is, you never know when you are going to send out ten and get no responses, then go 5/10 in the next round, so keep plugging.

Are you in a rural area? This makes things especially tough. How close are you to a major city, is it possible to extend your searches there?

Your profile is fine, but needs more interaction and descriptive detail. As you tell about yourself, ask a variety of closing questions, as simple as "sound like fun?" or go into depth about why you enjoy what you do spun somewhat to a feminine perspective, for example:

"I like to fish."

v

"There's nothing better than sharing a sunrise on a lake from a comfortable boat before we splash around enough to eventually catch our dinner... or scare it away for good and have dinner out."

A bit overdone, but you get the idea. Try to involve the reader in whatever you are describing without going overboard. The more sensually charged language in your profile the better. Don't turn your profile into a bodice-ripper, but women do read the profiles, and some mild innuendo (i.e. splashing around) works wonders. Hit several different senses in your profile text. Make her crave to do these things with you.

Don't mention any desired physical characteristics whatsoever in the profile body, just specify in the "what Im looking for" selection boxes. The women with the best bodies I dated all had "about average" marked, interestingly enough. I only ran into one weight liar out of many dates.

Hide your profile and look at other men in your area. Steal their best lines and modify them to what you want to say.

Humor is your friend in the profile, and I mean off the wall stuff. Talk about the home refrigerator repair class you are working on and how you desperately need a woman who knows a condenser from an evaporator to help you get the online diploma. Use it sparingly, you don't want to come off as the class clown. I had "ant farmer" in my job description for awhile. Many women out there are jaded (hehe JS) tired of straightforward, earnest guys and are looking for a guy who is normal, but with some edginess, humor is the most innocuous way to display edginess.

Customize stuff like the above to you. Don't make promises of wit that you aren't going to deliver. Think of what makes you laugh and what you sit around and laugh with friends about and put that stuff in your profile.

That's enough on the profile, if you post a sample email, will have a go at that, as once you can do emails right, your response rate will shoot through the roof.

Archived