Getting back together really does happen!

Sorry everyone! LOL, I'm at work bored and it's not busy...and I'm reading reconciliation stories to feel better. It makes me happy reading these stories, I don't think it hinders my healing process though because when I don't read this I get all depressed. I know that with these stories everyone has their growth and healing...so either way it's a win/win whether you get your ex back or not.

Hey guys have another story - saw this couple yesterday at mass and remembered their story.

M and G started dating second year of Uni. They were together for 4 years though we always felt M was more into G. Anyhow in fifth year of Uni they both went to do semesters abroad in different countries.

They were apart for three months and in those months G felt she wasnt in love and left M.

Anyhows they come back from their respective semesters abroad. M was always in love with G and he waited for her to change her mind. I think it took the breakup for her to realise how much G meant to her and appreciate what a good guy he was.

A couple of months later they got back together and 5 years later they got married - saw them this last Sunday, together and very happy.

lol...i just really like these stories. But trust me, there is so much negativity out there that I think its nice to just have some positivity every now and then.

It's good to have some hope but at the same time, try to move on.

I totally agree with you, i mean we all know it happened for a reason...and we all know it " may or may not" happen...but what's the harm in having a wish?

I mean yes i understand if you sit on the couch with your phone on the table and stare till it rings...yes then seriously get a life...go on LIVE...

But everybody with a good head on their shoulders... having hope is a bad thing?

When something bad happens to us in our lives our friends and family support us...But with a break up..many people say move on...it is what it is.....but i wonder if they feel the same if it happens to them?

I know they have hope...just like i have...i'm blessed with two friends...that understand me..not saying it will happen....you just never know what life has in store for you. Positive people that's all i need right now..

If the Law of Attraction works with me, (positive attracts positive) and if it's meant to be then everything will be fine...if it doesn't i will be fine too....i just like to have my dreams. hopes and wishes...without being ridiculed or looked at as a loser i just want to be happy. And i'll get there that's one thing i know for sure

A question...has anybody on here ever bought the e-book mo-mu about how to get back with your ex? It's all over the place on the net.... If so is it worth it?

These break up books gives you the same advice as the people of ENA here. The books just says to go NC for at least a month, take that time to get over the break up and make improvements on yourself. Than give your ex a call to go out for coffee or something and try to attract them again from there. From what I've heard, it kinda works but it doesn't last. There might be an initial spark that occurs after the NC but after that the "Oh Ya" effect kicks in and the relationship will be fall apart again. Those books are basically try for a quick fix but thats about it. Just follow the advice of the people here instead of reading those books because its the same advice.

Remember though, those books are very general and each relationship is different.

These break up books gives you the same advice as the people of ENA here. The books just says to go NC for at least a month, take that time to get over the break up and make improvements on yourself. Than give your ex a call to go out for coffee or something and try to attract them again from there. From what I've heard, it kinda works but it doesn't last. There might be an initial spark that occurs after the NC but after that the "Oh Ya" effect kicks in and the relationship will be fall apart again. Those books are basically try for a quick fix but thats about it. Just follow the advice of the people here instead of reading those books because its the same advice.

Remember though, those books are very general and each relationship is different.

Thanx Bobbadoo,

I figured i just wondered...and i think your absolutely right about each relationship is different.....every person is different and every situation is different.

I guess only time will tell...

I will, just give me some time to read through some...I did find some online today...

We got back together 1 1/2 months ago after being broken up for almost five months and we were together for five years. I tried NC with him but it would never work because he would ALWAYS find some way to contact me. He got another gf like a week after he left, got her pregnant and everything else. She ultimately did miscarry within a few weeks and then after that he broke up with her. She was a rebound and thruout the long drawn out five months we were broken up, you could tell he was 100 percent confused with what he wanted to do. It wasnt until i started dating other guys that he finally sat me down and we talked for the first time in i dont even know how long about EVERYTHING. His fears, my fears, his concerns, my concerns, i found out so many things during that talk that i never had a clue about. He was the one that initiated the break up, but we were both at fault. We are going to be getting married soon and from this break up we have both changed a LOT. Weve both learned a lot of hard lessons and have faced up to reality on things that we would try to sweep under the rug. Communication was our biggest issue. This experience has changed us both a great deal. As far as the past goes, its just that..the past and thats where we are leaving it. So, yeah i think we are a success story. We show each other that we love one another EVERY DAY. A relationship is work and we were the type to just sit by and think everything would work itself out, wrong. You have to work at it and make it work..as we have learned.

some more I found on other forums:

My brother divorced his second wife after 1.5 years and then after a 1 year break remarried her and they have been married almost 11 years now.. they have 2 wonderful twins a boy and girl..

A very good friend of mine was "dumped" by a guy about seven years ago and was devastated. Two years later, he came back into her life after having done some travelling, and asked her to reconsider as he thought he had made the worst mistake of his life. She was with another guy at the time.Admist much disapproval from her friends and family, she broke up with the other guy, and got back with her ex.They have since been thru some pretty stressful times together, but are still going strong. My friends BF has won his way back into my good books- he has earned it

My boyfriend and I had problems in the past year to the point that we decided to part ways. We broke up and I was devastated for months. I set my mind in a state where I decided not to sulk on whatever happened and pushed to move on with my life... as life goes on anyway. After some months that we are not together he ended up realizing my worth and decided to come back to me. I knew I still love him but I bluntly told him that it is hard to gain back the trust I lost. Now he strives to gain me back. I am still not letting my guard down as I want to really see if this is for real or not. Sometimes you really have to use your mind above your heart. Now I don't cry anymore. I am happy.. Finally.

Don't know if this is really a success story, but I'm going to tell it anyway...

A friend's friend was with her boyfriend for about 2 years, they moved in together quite soon. They fought quite often about little things, but still couldn't be without eachother, I think it was a typical case of love- hatred- relationship.

Well, one day, they both agreed on breaking up, since they didn't find themselves very compatible and got tired of the arguments, so each of them went separate ways and they both found new relationships. They were apart for approximately 1 year and had NC or very very little contact throughout that time. Maybe a short email every few months, just light stuff, no begging, pleading... after a couple of months, the guy added "I miss you" at the end of the few emails they sent each other. She said, this still touched her heart and made her realize, although she was with someone else, she still had feelings for her ex. So a couple of months later, they agreed on meeting up for a cup of coffee. When they saw eachother, all the emotions came to the surface again, it was as if they never were apart, all the strong feelings were still there, even after one year, with very little contact. Each of them left their partners and they got back together. They remained together for one more year, but the arguments didn't really stop, they still weren't very compatible, so they finally broke up again, 2 months ago.

Despite the fact that they broke up, they will soon go on vacation to Thailand for 1 month and they will go together...but just as "friends"...;-)

My best friend dated a guy on and off for 3 years in late high school early college. They fought a lot because he was he was, to put it easily, lazy-didn't go to classes or do his classwork, didn't have a job, just didn't seem to care about anything. He got kicked out of school, they broke up, he went off to the Marines. After being gone just over a year he went over to Iraq. Out of nowhere he started e-mailing her just about each others lives and catching up. It turned into Skype-ing, texts, and phone calls. They spent almost all of the 23 days he was back together, she graduated shortly after, got a job only an hour away from his base and have been dating ever since-Going on the 3rd year of being back together. They both did a lot of growing up during their time separated and things are better than ever.

Hi guys!

Here's a story about getting back together from SuperDave's web site: link removed

She cheated on him, he rebound and now they are back together.

The post recomends pretty much what other's by experience: Let go, better yourself and they will be back!

Also this site is as great as ENA, very helpful and really nice people there.

Ok here's another one. Since I'm an old member I can recall great stories I read when I joined the forum.

This is one of my favorites. I don't know if you already read it. It's Hope 75 story. She really fight for this guy and now it's married and have a beautiful baby girl with him. Here it is:

Faithful, you give me hope so thank you for that!