Fiance has joined facebook :0(

My fiance and I are both on Facebook and Myspace. He might even be on other sites that I'm not a member of. I have guy friends in my list, and he has gal friends on his list. I keep it real light with the guy friends on my list, out of respect for my fiance. It's a matter of knowing and trusting that neither of us are going to engage in inappropriate or too-intimate conversation with them.

Edit: Some of the gal friends on his list are girls who've long wanted to hook up and/or date him, too! And of course I trust him. There's still the friendship, aside from their attraction to him. If he didn't get with them before me, I don't believe for a second he's going to pursue them with me.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you distrust him using something like Facebook, you should put off the marriage.

Believe me, it is the most awful, sickening feeling to feel like your ex is doing terrible things online behind your back.

It will ruin your life.

Work out your issues first before you decide to tie the knot.

I think if you distrust him using something like Facebook, you should put off the marriage.

Believe me, it is the most awful, sickening feeling to feel like your ex is doing terrible things online behind your back.

It will ruin your life.

Work out your issues first before you decide to tie the knot.

I've never once had a random guy I don't know send me messages on myspace or facebook. Both my pages are private. That's all you really have to do.

My profile is set to private too and I've had random guys message me, I don't read them. I delete them right away.

But Face Book isn't a dating site. I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone one has an account now days! Sounds like you have trust issues.

I've never once had a random guy I don't know send me messages on myspace or facebook. Both my pages are private. That's all you really have to do.

My profile is set to private too and I've had random guys message me, I don't read them. I delete them right away.

But Face Book isn't a dating site. I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone one has an account now days! Sounds like you have trust issues.

Yea, i didn't have the page long and was really clueless to it and didn't realize it could be made private. I still don't regret deleting it, it just isn't something that was for me personally.

Yea, i didn't have the page long and was really clueless to it and didn't realize it could be made private. I still don't regret deleting it, it just isn't something that was for me personally.

If he does come accross a situation like that on "Facebook", then it's his responsibility to tell them that he's in a relationship, and is getting married.

If you can't trust him to do that, then you can't trust him period.

Well in the status bit he should select "married" or "engaged".

If he does come accross a situation like that on "Facebook", then it's his responsibility to tell them that he's in a relationship, and is getting married.

If you can't trust him to do that, then you can't trust him period.

Well in the status bit he should select "married" or "engaged".

At the end of the day, this is the real crux of the issue here (what binoo said above)....

This was an interesting article i read about how facebook is compared to a dating site...lot of truths in this except where he says facebook is not discussed in public as it is taboo, that is a crock. that is all many people want to talk about! lol

link removed

At the end of the day, this is the real crux of the issue here (what binoo said above)....

This was an interesting article i read about how facebook is compared to a dating site...lot of truths in this except where he says facebook is not discussed in public as it is taboo, that is a crock. that is all many people want to talk about! lol

link removed

Although I did join - I find it somewhat boring. Even though people are friends and acquaintances, I don't really need to know so much of the minutia of the lives that people seem to post on the page.

yea. i created a facebook account for work - to network. i don't really gain much out of it. the things that are posted as status's are not very helpful.

Although I did join - I find it somewhat boring. Even though people are friends and acquaintances, I don't really need to know so much of the minutia of the lives that people seem to post on the page.

yea. i created a facebook account for work - to network. i don't really gain much out of it. the things that are posted as status's are not very helpful.

Archived