Emotionally Paralyzed Empath

ramsickle1369

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, it's not. It's a real term and a real emotion. Altho, hyperseisitivity is probably part of empathy. The reason is becuase of the influx of emotions, the empath is overly intune to the nuiances of others. It is far more overwhelming that straight sympathy.

According to the dictionary, the opposite of Empathy is Apathy (not caring at all).

yeah, but thats what google says. you can also look up psi vampires there too. doesnt mean it actually exists.

OK, so I took the Meyers Briggs test and was curious about my career. Everything on this list has interested me in some way (except sales). Interesting...

Possible Career Paths for the ENFJ:

Facilitator

Consultant

Psychologist

Social Worker / Counselor

Teacher

Clergy

Sales Representative

Human Resources

Manager

Events Coordinator

Sales Representative

Politicians / Diplomats

Writers

i think thats because empath is an informal label for people who are hypersensitive

yeah, but thats what google says. you can also look up psi vampires there too. doesnt mean it actually exists.

This wasn't google. this was the real dictionary. Why do you discount it? What is it that makes you so sure it's nonexistant? Are you apathetic?

because the term doesnt exist.

i believe in introvert and extrovert.

i'd be curious to see if most 'empaths' fall under the extrovert category

The term doesn't exist? Huh? Based on what? All you have to do is look it up in whatever dictionary you trust. How can you say something doesn't exist when it is clearly in the dictionary. Once again:

Main Entry: empathy

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: understanding

Synonyms: affinity, appreciation, being on same wavelength, being there for someone, communion, community of interests, compassion, comprehension, concord, cottoning to, good vibrations, hitting it off, insight, picking up on, pity, rapport, recognition, responsiveness, soul, sympathy, warmth

Notes: empathy denotes a deep emotional understanding of another's feelings or problems, while sympathy is more general and can apply to small annoyances or setbacks

sympathy means the stimulation in a person of feelings that are similar in kind to those that affect another person; empathy means a mental or affective projection into the feelings or state of mind of another person

Antonyms: apathy, misunderstanding, unfeelingness

SOURCE: link removed

I am sure most empath's are introverts or extroverts. That's like saying most humans are male or female. They are not mutually exclusive.

empath isnt a term. empathy is.

like apath.

apath isnt a term either. apathy is.

the term empath seems to just be a word coined off of the word empathy to describe certain people who are hypersensitive.

i am not saying you cant be sensitive or be whatever you are, i'm saying its not a legitimate term

Archived