stretch marks

parlae

sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic.

but i was just wondering does anyone know how to get rid of or reduce stretch marks?

i've had them on my hips for YEARS.

and i also have them a few other places now. (caused by weight gain after recently quitting my last job and practically doing NOTHING for months. *guilty*)

pretty much everything i've read already has said there is no "cure" for stretch marks.

is that true?

and also,

i was wondering from a man's point of view..

would stretch marks make you less attracted to a woman, physically?

for example,

if you were dating a girl and you had never seen her naked..obviously you wouldnt know about the stretch marks. but when it gets taken to that level and you have sex (or whatever the situation may be when you see them naked) and you see the stretch marks...would it be a turn off??

*curious*

and also,

i was wondering from a man's point of view..

would stretch marks make you less attracted to a woman, physically?

for example,

if you were dating a girl and you had never seen her naked..obviously you wouldnt know about the stretch marks. but when it gets taken to that level and you have sex (or whatever the situation may be when you see them naked) and you see the stretch marks...would it be a turn off??

*curious*

That would not turn me off, but that's me.

I don't think much of it, though. Never been self-conscious about it.

the only reason i thought twice about it was because, although my ex never said anything about it, i cant help but wonder what he thought... ya know?

i didnt have that many stretch marks when we first got together, and i'm sure he noticed a difference as i got more of them...

I don't think there is anything you can do to get rid of them. Over time they fade, and if you keep your skin moisturized you can even out the tone and your skin will appear smoother- but other than that there's not a fix for them.

I think stretch marks are very common, and most people would not be surprised or turned off by seeing them.

No stretch marks - yet but one of my best friends said she used flaxseed oil for awhile & it faked them a lot. They really bothered her a lot & she tried many different things.

Not sure if it would work for you as everyone has different results & uses different products but you can give it a try.

i had stretch marks on my stomach for awhile because i gained weight really really fast after being super thin. i used vitamin e and it all went away! there's absolutely no trace of any stretch marks left.

unfortunately, the miracle didn't happen for my butt. i tried cocoa butter after and it seems a bit better but not much.

oooooooh and i used curcuma cream from thorakao... it took the scar on my face away, almost completely. i'm pretty good with scars thanks to this cream. but again, didn't do much for my butt. *sigh*! on the bright side, i've never had a bf that minded, to say to the least. heh.

I wonder if cosmetic surgery would rid people of stretch marks? Of course, would it be worth the risk or expense?

Yeah, if I remember correctly, laser surgery allows you to get rid of stretch marks. I've heard celebrities who get stretch marks after their pregnancy sometimes do it to get rid of it.

Personally, I don't mind. I'm a guy and I have them too because I gained a lot of weight during my college years but now I am in pretty good shape

It wouldn't turn me off. I think you'd be surprised by how many people have them. When I was 14 I started weight training and I started getting reddish stretch marks on my upper arms. And since I have light skin they really stood out. So at the time I was really self-conscious about it. But over time they faded away and they matched my skin tone, so unless you look reeeeeallly closely you can't see them.

If I were a male then it wouldn't be a turn on or a turn off. Bascially, I wouldn't care.

Sadly I don't think there is a cure to completely and utterly get rid of them. But I do know that they fade, if you take care of your body ie: eating well and exercise on the daily. I don't believe that pills, medicine, oils, creams etc will be of a magic effect, only little. I'm also thinking that plastic or laser surgery would be most effective.

I don't have much stretch marks but I have a couple small ones. Due to starving myself, eating healthy, starving myself, eating healthy around and around like a horrid circle. Because if a person does that then they will have loose skin, I have but I managed over time to tone them up. So I don't have any loose skin at all, but yeah I do have the couple small stretch marks.

The good thing about stretch marks is that it's not a disease.

Bio oil works for me, but to be honest I think the more you mess with them the worse it gets.....

1) You can cause your stretch marks more damage and prevent them from healing

2) The more you concentrate on them the more paranoid and self consious you get about them

My ex had stretch marks on his arms and a few on his hips. He was self-consious about his belly, his hair going grey, his hair receeding, his double chin, his crows feet... I could go on! LOL! I never noticed the things he was hung up on, and he never noticed the things I was hung up on.

DON'T WORRY OK?

when I was in sports(football) in high school, I hit the weights hard and went under some training program to get bigger and developed stretch marks around the area where the pectoral muscle meets the armpit. Coach said it was cause our muscles were growing too fast, i guess. Mine weren't too bad but some of the other guys had really bad ones though.

they start to fade over time though and become less noticeable. It wouldn't bother me on a girl.

I have them under my arms and coming out to my chest from hitting the gym too hard as a young lad. Nothing wrong with them

My SO has these too from working out way too much - Im guessing.

But they dont bother me one bit. I know they are there but I dont "notice" them.

Its good to hear that majority of the guys who answered this said stretch marks dont bother them. But is there at least ONE guy out there that it does bother?? I find it so hard to believe it doesn't because I went out to happy hour with a bunch of guys from work awhile ago & had this convo they all (eight or ten of them) said it was a huge turn off especially around the butt & stomach...makes me wonder.

I'm sure there is some ahole that does not like it there is an exception to every rule

of course, I was just wondering why there isn't one on here lol.

When you get a bunch of guys together they can get "group think". Separately they probably never even notice stretch marks. lol

The "group think" very true...lol They all agree with one another all the time when we all go out especially when it comes to talking about women!

I have them, on my hips, and they're so light they're almost white. I've never attempted to make them go away because they don't bother me at all. No one has ever noticed them, and I actually forget that I have them.

well you're lucky

i can't help but notice mine.

they havent faded yet because they're still so new...

Archived