I fear I've made a huge mistake -- moving in...

RyanD333

Then why bother trying to sneak away?

Just tell her you're leaving, let her do her withdrawing, and get yourself out of there in a nice organized way.

Otherwise you'll probably end up dropping that Plasma off the back of the truck in your haste to get away.

haha, there is a better chance of me marrying this girl tomorrow than dropping that Plasma

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what if she says she's sorry, will really work on it, will try her best to change. Should I give her a chance?

Or is this just truly doomed? In my mind it's barely salvageable

No, because she won't change.

Even if she did start showing you affection, it's forced. It's not her.

It will NEVER be her.

So, what if she says she's sorry, will really work on it, will try her best to change. Should I give her a chance?

Or is this just truly doomed? In my mind it's barely salvageable

If you do - don't move back in. Let her show you she really means it and part of that would be getting some counselling to deal with her issues.
If you do - don't move back in. Let her show you she really means it and part of that would be getting some counselling to deal with her issues.

Unfortunately she'll never admit to having "issues."

She will say the coldness and lack of affection is just "the way she is."

She will say the lack of sex is because she has no drive and is sore.

She won't admit to having an issue. I surmise she thinks this behavior is normal in a relationship?

She won't admit to having an issue. I surmise she thinks this behavior is normal in a relationship?

Probably, and in that case you are really screwed in this relationship.

Yes she will, no she has no drive, yes she's sore, and no, she won't admit to having issues, and yes she thinks its normal.

You can't save this one. You can however save the plasma TV.

Yes she will, no she has no drive, yes she's sore, and no, she won't admit to having issues, and yes she thinks its normal.

You can't save this one. You can however save the plasma TV.

haha. And the surround sound >_> And the Wii!

It's good to laugh at least.

but how many chances have you given her? there's only so many you can give

she clearly isn't fighting for this relationship WITH you if she won't face things

We've had at least 5-6 conversations about this the last three months. Each one ends with "I'll try harder" from her.

It never happens.

Have you ever had that conversation when she knows that you really mean to end the relationship? Not just talk - but action?

I think she calls my bluff. I've told her the physicality problems could be the end of us, but it's never escalated to where she REALLY though I would dump her.

Once, however, during an argument, I jumped out of bed and told her I was going home, and she didn't like that at all and changed her tune fast. I think that's the only time she thought I would split.

I think she calls my bluff. I've told her the physicality problems could be the end of us, but it's never escalated to where she REALLY though I would dump her.

Once, however, during an argument, I jumped out of bed and told her I was going home, and she didn't like that at all and changed her tune fast. I think that's the only time she thought I would split.

It will be a rollercoaster. You seriously threaten to leave..she realizes you mean it. She starts being affectionate and not complaining about painful sex. For a few days, a week..then she drifts back to her old ways. You threaten to leave again..she doesn't take you seriously. You "really mean it this time". You start disassembling the surround sound system..she comes up behind you and starts stroking your back. You relent and put back the center and rear speakers...you have good sex. The next day she hardly even gives you the time of day. You longingly look up at the plasma TV and wonder what size socket wrench you will need to take the bracket off the wall...

ETC

It will be a rollercoaster. You seriously threaten to leave..she realizes you mean it. She starts being affectionate and not complaining about painful sex. For a few days, a week..then she drifts back to her old ways. You threaten to leave again..she doesn't take you seriously. You "really mean it this time". You start disassembling the surround sound system..she comes up behind you and starts stroking your back. You relent and put back the center and rear speakers...you have good sex. The next day she hardly even gives you the time of day. You longingly look up at the plasma TV and wonder what size socket wrench you will need to take the bracket off the wall...

ETC

ROFL, post of the year. Although it has some sexual innuendo-laden electronic references. But hey whatever, I get more action out of my plasma anyway.

Ryan, on a serious note.

You Plasma TV will always give you unconditional love.

Especially when my blu-ray player is channeling it's sweet love to it.

Ah, this has gotten into a man-electronic-love-fest.

I still have this issue, of this girl, in the next room, who I'm trying to figure out.

Especially when my blu-ray player is channeling it's sweet love to it.

Ah, this has gotten into a man-electronic-love-fest.

I still have this issue, of this girl, in the next room, who I'm trying to figure out.

If that plasma is 1080p you don't need a girl in your life.

You don't have the time.

But of course it is. I take my electronics as seriously as my relationships.

You should see my threads on the Home theater forums!

I got a 50" Panasonic plasma but I didn't shell out the dough for a 1080p. It's a 720p..when I bought it I compared it side by side with the 1080s and didn't see a big difference..

But I don't want to derail your thread so let me just say this.

You are obviously a man of discerning taste who knows he wants and deserves the best. She aint never gonna do it for you. It's time to cut your loses and move on. More Blu-ray titles come out everyday.

Archived