we broke the bed

dtgrl812

It happened to me once.

I had just started dating my ex, we had only been dating about 6 weeks or so and we had gone back to his place. He still lived with his mom at the time and her room was next to his, so naturally we were extra careful and quiet as to not disturb anyone and the whole freakin' bed collapsed in the middle of the night. All you heard was this loud crashing noise and a profanity or two.

I could hear his mom jump out of bed and come down the hall to his room, knocking on the door wanting to know if everything was okay.

Oh Lord.

lol

the wife and I did the same thing a couple years ago, right after we got a new bed. unfortunately she did not take it in such good humour. i caught a little flak for my workmanship skills as i said i could put the bed together and didn't need to pay someone else to do it...oh well, all was forgiven by the next day - on the couch!

I've broken three beds during sex. One was just a headboard that fell down... ontop of my back. That was painful because it was a big heavy wooden board. The girl found it hilarious enough. Incidentally, it's not easy to continue having sex with a giant piece of wood on your back.

The other two incidents were purely user error, occurring when I was a sex newb and didn't know to have sex with the grain. By which I mean you need to have sex parallel to the bed's alignment (i.e. heads facing the headboard or foot of the bed). If you have sex perpendicular to its alignment then you're going to bust it.

Humorously, in retrospect, both those last two occurred when I was still living in my parents' house. One of the broken beds was mine, the other was... theirs. That is NOT fun to explain to your folks.

Archived