has anyone been through this????

chick08

I am a devorsed woman of 47 years i have been having an affair with a married man for 20 years. At the beginning everything was gd but then he started to get very posessive and everytime i went out he used to watch me (by the way he lived in the same street) in the window till i got bk. If i went out with my mate for a drink he used to go mad and shout and hit me and told me to stay in. It got to the stage even if i used to visit my mum he used to hit me when i got home but the next day he used to be so sorry and couldnt apoligise enough. He even stopped me one night in the street in front of his house and told me not to go out and if i did this he would get his bags and leave his wife to be with me i said no and went out but when i got home didnt i know it. When he came over to mine he punched and hit me till my nose bled. I put up with that for over 23 yrs now hes moved and a sick man i still see him hes still with his wife but now we are more like friends we are not intimate anymore. So i just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that has been in a simalar experience and how did you deal with it i would like to hear from you.

sorry to hear that you had to suffer so long. but i think it's about time that you step away from this abusive relationship and that you get some serious help to work through everything, either from friends, here on ENA, or with professional help. 20 years is a long time to be abused, more so that he was someone else's husband. you deserve something better.

and he does not deserve your friendship!

Archived