so I spoke to my ex because I needed to move on and I couldnt so I asked him and told him if he met somone else then say so..he wrote back to me saying the reason he ended things was because he is sick and has cancer and at that moment he thought pushing me away will be less painful for me to deal with, I dont know what to think he is sick but he dosent know how to deal with it either.. I was first really angry and said why why why dont you open up to me? he said he was scared to tell me..and didnt know how, he still loves me and I love him, but should I believe him? its a stupid thing to ask but what if he is using that to get back with me or keep me in his life? I do feel bad for him and still in shock but somone just brought that up and said what if he is lying...and my reply was no he isnt lying..but what if he is?

reminds me of 'Autmn in New York'

I have heard of people saying something like this, but they were all very unstable people who were usually the dumped one trying to guilt the person into staying with them.

Why would you think he might be dishonest? Did he play alot of games like this before?

he has lied in the past when we brokeup he completely gave me a diff story that reason he wanted to end things because he was depressed and he cant feel anything..emotions..and that I need to move on..he also lied once where he said he was going on a business trip and now he said it wasnt and that he had to go to the hospital for a few days..I can ask him if I can speak to the mom but not sure if he wants me too..

Well then I would talk to him and just be honest and sensitive as possible.

"I am so shocked by this news and I am really confused, this totally hit me from left field since you had been telling me another story. I can't imagine how scary and stressful this has been for you, but you did lie to me and now even though I love you I am really confused, I find myself questioning if you are telling me the truth... which I hate! So can you please help me deal with all of this and give me something that will convince me that you are telling the truth so that I can move past this stage so that we can figure out how to move forward"

Okay... that wasn't the best, but it is decent, we have some great wordsmiths out there who will hopefully be by to help.

Archived