Guy I have been dating for 3 months.......

LadyLove

Well I guess that makes me different because since I'm not a partying type of Guy my Girl would never see my friends unless we ran into them in public. No matter how long we been together.

what if you were getting serious with her, getting married, etc...... surely your fiance or wife would meet your friends, right?

I don't party either. But I do go out to social events - gigs, shows, festivals, theatre, trips out - with partners, and often friends are there. Sometimes this has been arranged in advance! Sometimes friends have come to my house for a meal, and we've all sat down together, my partner included. They didn't seem to find it weird at all!

Every guy I have been seriously involved with - and several that I have not- have made it a priority to have me meet their close friends at least - and they were not "partyers". We met when they got together with their friends socially, or he made a plan where I could meet them, whether on a double date or by going to an event together like the theater.

I don't party either. But I do go out to social events - gigs, shows, festivals, theatre, trips out - with partners, and often friends are there. Sometimes this has been arranged in advance! Sometimes friends have come to my house for a meal, and we've all sat down together, my partner included. They didn't seem to find it weird at all!

I think what used to make it weird for me was the fact that I was single along with 3 of my other friends and my friend whose house we were over would invite his girl to chill with us and I was always annoyed by it. Nowe if we all had our girlfriends there along with his girl then it would have been a lot different. But Group activities and Events sound fine.

he also called me like at 2:30 am I did not answer..... I wonder what he wanted. But I am going to back off, and see if he comes around.... I do deserve more than what I am getting. I do understand that he wants to take it slow because we got off to a rough start but he keeps saying he wants out and to be friends and see where it goes and countinues to call me as if we were more....so he confuses me and stresses me out!!!!

It sounds like you want something more serious than he does. Nothing wrong or bad about either of your points of view. They're just incompatible. I suggest you be crystal clear with him that you want more than he's currently willing to offer and then cut contact.

It sounds like you want something more serious than he does. Nothing wrong or bad about either of your points of view. They're just incompatible. I suggest you be crystal clear with him that you want more than he's currently willing to offer and then cut contact.

yes, i agree fully. the situation to me doesn't seem confusing - it seems crystal clear! he wants to see you when it is convient for him, but he doesn't want a relationship with you. at least, not now, but he reserves the option to change his mind in the future.

He is being deliberately vague so he can have you around at his convenience. This whole thing of moving too fast so now he is cautious..well, a bit late for that. He was a willing participant in moving fast. I would stop contacting him altogether and next time he contacts you I would suggest telling him that you are looking for a serious relationship and it doesn't appear that this one is heading in that direction so you are going to cut it off now.

No I don't think you need to ask him about that. I think that is sort of beside the issue. I think you need to tell him that you want different things and maybe you need to move on if he does not change his mind and want something more like what you want out of this.

isn't that like pressuring him? I think I need to go LC with him and see what happens, he stepped up before.... Why am I suck a sucker for him.....my sister thinks he is short, fat and ugly.... I like who he is (he is 32 I am 25) I am still dating others and he knows it and he claims he is not but I find that hard to believe. I am not ready to kick him out of my life.....

isn't that like pressuring him? I think I need to go LC with him and see what happens, he stepped up before.... Why am I suck a sucker for him.....my sister thinks he is short, fat and ugly.... I like who he is (he is 32 I am 25) I am still dating others and he knows it and he claims he is not but I find that hard to believe. I am not ready to kick him out of my life.....

I'm not sure what you want from him then. You are still dating others so why are you so concerned with meeting his friends? If things are not getting serious? Also, no, it's not "pressure" to tell someone how you feel and then step away. It's just being honest about what you want. No pressure involved--it's not trying to get him to do anything he does not want to do.

I was only dating others because he was not committing to me. I guess that turned him off a bit because he said to me once, that I don't know what I want and I think he wants to make sure he will not be a convienent bf like he was for his ex.

I am truly concerned about he he does nto want me in his life, he tells me things but does not ever really take me around his way, it is a distance but still.... I guess I am hurt. Well I will see what happens this weekend and keep you all updated.

Happy Thanksgiving BTW!!!

I'm not sure what you want from him then. You are still dating others so why are you so concerned with meeting his friends? If things are not getting serious? Also, no, it's not "pressure" to tell someone how you feel and then step away. It's just being honest about what you want. No pressure involved--it's not trying to get him to do anything he does not want to do.

yeah, i agree, it's not pressuring anyone at all. it's just stating what you are want, and they can take it or leave it.

are you going to cut contact with this guy? i am glad you aren't bending!

no I laid it down and told him when he wants to countinue doing his website (i am building a website for him, he is paying me....he wants to send a check in the mail - the a-hole.....actually he wanted to send cash but I said no it could get stolen.....) to give me few days in advance so we can meet up. He made a point to tell me he would like to get it done b4 he goes on vacation for his birthday. I ignored him not asking him anything about it and I was so confident when talking to him about the situation I could hear a little disppointment in his voice. He asked me if I am going to give POF another try..... I said maybe, I don't know I am happy with the way things are going in my life right now and left it at that.....

Archived