How often does an average guy get hugs from girls?

Mantis

Kind of an embarrassing question here. Most of my friends claim they get multiple hugs a day from girls. I get... not so many. Actually I'm on 2 ever. Now I know I have a lower than average rate, but I can't even imagine getting them daily. Also this mostly applies to single guys. I could see it if a guy has a girlfriend. So are they exaggerating? Or am I just that far behind?

Kind of an embarrassing question here. Most of my friends claim they get multiple hugs a day from girls. I get... not so many. Actually I'm on 2 ever. Now I know I have a lower than average rate, but I can't even imagine getting them daily. Also this mostly applies to single guys. I could see it if a guy has a girlfriend. So are they exaggerating? Or am I just that far behind?

Stop counting hugs man. Its not going to help.Nuerosis are a big turn off for people in general. I get hugs, but I give many too, and never count. So maybe giving can help. Just don't be all creepy and drooly with a counter ya know?

Stop counting hugs man. Its not going to help.Nuerosis are a big turn off for people in general. I get hugs, but I give many too, and never count. So maybe giving can help. Just don't be all creepy and drooly with a counter ya know?

Sorry, I'm really not doing it on purpose. It's just hard to not know how many I've had with such a low number.

Sorry, I'm really not doing it on purpose. It's just hard to not know how many I've had with such a low number.

Oh! I see. I though you were like," Dammit Jimmy gets a hug from Sara everyday!" Still don't worry if youve only got two hugs man. In my middle scholl they actually did not allow it because kids would feel bad when they shouldnt. Its nothing personal and its not a big deal at all. If you make more female friends it can happen, but that should not be something you really pay attention to. And after a while the wrong ones will want to hug you and you will stop wearing deoderant so they stay away. When you least expect things is when they happen usually.

honestly, stop counting

it's the quality not the quantity!

there's a part of desiderata that says:

"If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

and you're comparing yourself with your friend.

I agree, don't compare and don't go for numbers. I hugged three girls today and probably 5 last week. I only like to hug the ones I find nice and physically attracted to, not just any female that is my friend or acquaintance.

It also depends on how many girls you see on a regular basis(work, school, social events) and how friendly and open you and they are.

I've never been a huge hugger til the last two years. Now that I'm friendlier and more open I hug a much more than I expect.

Oh! I see. I though you were like," Dammit Jimmy gets a hug from Sara everyday!" Still don't worry if youve only got two hugs man. In my middle scholl they actually did not allow it because kids would feel bad when they shouldnt. Its nothing personal and its not a big deal at all. If you make more female friends it can happen, but that should not be something you really pay attention to. And after a while the wrong ones will want to hug you and you will stop wearing deoderant so they stay away. When you least expect things is when they happen usually.

Haha, well, not exactly. I guess I'm a little jealous of guys who get regular hugs. But it's not nearly so specific. The thing is, I feel like it is personal. I had a casual friend who would hug other guys, but wouldn't hug me even when I straight up asked her. And... it's not really hugs specifically. I just kind of want some female contact in general. Hugs seem like the most basic thing and they happen even between friends.

honestly, stop counting

it's the quality not the quantity!

there's a part of desiderata that says:

"If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

and you're comparing yourself with your friend.

Sorry, again I think I'm not communicating this very well. It's just, I would like girls to hug me and apparently most guys have figured out how to accomplish that and I haven't. I don't mean for it to be a competition, I just want to know if maybe I'm doing something wrong.

If you give off a vibe of not wanting hugs, you're not going to get many. You obviously give off that vibe. I do too. It's no big deal.

Again it goes beyond that. As above, even when I asked a female friend for a hug she wouldn't do it.

even when I asked a female friend for a hug she wouldn't do it.

Is it possible she thought you liked her as more than a friend?

I'm very friendly and will sometimes hug my male friends in saying hello or goodbye, but only if I know for sure they only like me as a friend. If I get sexual vibes from a male friend and I'm not interested in him, I'll keep my physical distance.

Well, what you do is when you approach a girl (someone you know of course or is giving you a friendly vibe, you don't want pepper-spray!), is you raise your arms like in a Y pattern and look like you are about to hug a girl, or show that intent, or do it just after you shake her hand if you want to test the waters first. That's the technical way you usually go about trying to force a hug on someone.

Other than that, as others have said, it is quality not quantity. I would rather one hug that I really connect with and am able to replicate in my solitary world by hugging my pillows in the memory and connection felt on that hug, than have lots of meaningless hugs. So, this shouldn't bother you if you have less than average hugs, but having a hug(s) that are memories that last a lifetime is what really counts.

Everytime someone introduces me to a girl who is a friend or w/e I refuse to shake their hands, I will always give them a hug and the funny thing is when i see them again, they are the ones giving me the hug the next time.Ive been told that im a very warming and wlecoming kind of person. Girls that im close with i will also give a kiss on the cheek.

Is it possible she thought you liked her as more than a friend?

I'm very friendly and will sometimes hug my male friends in saying hello or goodbye, but only if I know for sure they only like me as a friend. If I get sexual vibes from a male friend and I'm not interested in him, I'll keep my physical distance.

Maybe. I did like her as more than a friend, but when I told that to one of my dude friends he was shocked. So I think I did a pretty good job of hiding it. Further, the one girl that DID hug me a few times I liked as more than a friend also, and I'm pretty sure I was a lot more obvious about it.

how bout this:

while your sissy loser friends count hugs, YOU Mantis can start counting how many girls you've banged

that way, everytime some loser tells you "i hugged 10 girls yesterday!", you come back at him with "i had sex with 1 girl yesterday, who do you think had a better day??"

start acting like a man, being shy and creepy does not pay off in life

There is no way to answer this question with any objectivity.How are you suppose to take into account the different variables such as amount of friends a guy might have,does he go to school?does he live in the country or city? A very good looking guy might have a lot of women who want to hug him but if he happens to be socially isolated or shy he won't have an easy time getting hugs from women .

again, why are people counting hugs, instead of being a man and counting AT THE VERY LEAST make out sessions

all this hug talk is just creepy and losersome.......if i were a girl, i wouldnt want some guy who keeps count of hugs hugging me, id be creeped out

lets be real men here, not little whimps.....please, i beg you all!!!

I suspect that no one is literally "counting" hugs. I know I'm not. It's just that when someone like me has had so few hugs in a lifetime, he remembers each of them, so he simply happens to know the number. And of course knows that the number is far too low.

Counting make out sessions is at least as creepy if not more so. Or it should be.

Archived