Mixed signals? Just not interested?

starry eyed girl

I met a guy last month at a concert. I was the one who started the conversation and we flirted a little. Great conversation lots of things in common. At the end of the night he asked for my number. He didnt call. A couple of weeks later we bumped into each other in a bar. He came to my table to say hi and excused himself for not remembering my name (I didnt bring up the fact that i gave him my phone number). Again, great conversation. I was with two friends so I had to leave. We said goodbye and he didnt ask again for my number so I just mentioned that I would be the next night at another bar to celebrate a friends birthday and suggested him to drop by. He didnt show up. A week later we saw each other at another bar (too much coincidence, i know), but this time he was with a girl. It looked like they were on a date, it didnt seem as though she was his girlfriend or anything . The weird thing is that he noticed me and waved at me as soom as I set foot in the bar. This was last friday. No call from him. I really liked him and he shows interest when we talked!!! We have no friends in common. What should i do if i see him again.

It sounds like the second time you met he knew he talked to you but didn't remember getting your number. He probably likes to go out a lot & probably goes out with a lot of girls. If you are just looking for a "thing", next time you see him and the circumstances are right (he's not on a date, you're not with friends) talk with him, flirt a little & ask him if he wants to meet agan the next weekend.

If you're looking for any sort of relationship, it doesn't sound like that's what this guy wants! He's just looking for a good time.

see him again, simple 'hi' and that's it. walk away. he might have thought you were a quick hookup at the concert and didn't want to pursue anything further than that day. or he just wanted to get your number as a boost to his ego. but he isn't calling so...

i wouldn't say these signals are mixed though. seem pretty straight forward.

Thanks ali. The thing is that both times we talked (from what we talked) he didnt look like the party type. He actually appears to be a little shy. Anyway, I guess if he wanted to contact me or something he would have called asked for my number, again.

By the way, Im not looking for a relationship at this point. I just wanted to get to know him better. I think he is really interesting (I wasnt attracted to his physical appearance, he's not my style actually) he just has very expressive eyes and before we started talking (when we first met) we had had a lot of eye contact, I felt a weird connection. Btw we were both very sober both times we talked (just to clarify and rule out the alcoholic influence)

I don't think he's all that interested. or maybe he's always drunk when you see him.

He probably does go out a lot and meets a lot of girls.

For a lot of people the "Can I get your number?" is just a sign off line. The conversation is ending and you're parting ways, so that's what they say because they don't know what else to say.

Thanks for everyone's comments. Anyway, it wasn`t at all like a hook up thing (we were not flirting that way, just a lot of eye contact, smiles and very good conversation).

I agree... he`s not showing interest in that he's not doing anything to call me or contact me.

HOWEVER, the idea that he might be intrested but just a little shy is not mine. The second time we talked (according to one of my friends) he had walked by our table like 10 times and stared at me long time before I actually realized he was there (I was looking the other way). I walked up to say hi to one of my friends at another table and that's when we made eye contact. It was only then that he came up to my table to say hi. That's why Im assuming he's a little shy. Anyway, next time I see him (if there is a next time). I'll probably just wait till he makes the next move and pretend that I dont remember his name hahaha.

Archived