Question for Ladies who have used or currently use online dating

ConfusedDater

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D*** straight, I would. That kind of response is NOT NORMAL.

but it's normal to tell a grown man to his face who approached you in a respectable way that-"YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE" You do know that she is saying that "I DON"T THINK YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE" What man wants to hear that from a stranger especially when he treated her with respect? So I have every right to call her all kinds of you know what if a girl says that to me.

but it's normal to tell a grown man to his face who approached you in a respectable way that-"YOU ARE NOT MY TYPE" You do know that she is saying that "I DON"T THINK YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE" What man wants to hear that from a stranger especially when he treated her with respect? So I have every right to call her all kinds of you know what if a girl says that to me.

I'm shocked a brother, boyfriend, friend etc of one of these girls hasn't gotten physical with you...if you in fact do this on a regular occurrence.

NO YOU DONT. Being polite does not justify disrespecting her like that! And "you're not my type" does not mean that you aren't attractive to her! It just means that you aren't her type. Case closed.

The other day I went out wiht a guy who wasn't my type, but he was attractive. Shuld he have called me all sorts of awful things when I told him I just wanted to be friends???

So let make sure I'm clear here

1.It's ok for a grown women to tell a guy in public to his face-"you are not my type" which basically means she is saying he is not attractive

2.And it's not normal for a guy to let that same woman know that SHE IS NOT ALL THAT????

Please tell me I'm not in the twilight zone

Yes, it's normal. That's how adults communicate in adult land ... a place you are obviously NOT familiar with.

This seriously has to be a hoax.

1.It's ok for a grown women to tell a guy in public to his face-"you are not my type" which basically means she is saying he is not attractive

2.And it's not normal for a guy to let that same woman know that SHE IS NOT ALL THAT????

Believe me, you ARE in the twilight zone.

NO YOU DONT. Being polite does not justify disrespecting her like that! And "you're not my type" does not mean that you aren't attractive to her! It just means that you aren't her type. Case closed.

The other day I went out wiht a guy who wasn't my type, but he was attractive. Shuld he have called me all sorts of awful things when I told him I just wanted to be friends???

But how else would a guy take-"you are not my type" if he doesn;t know the girl? She wouldn't be talking about his personality because she doesn;t know him so she wouldn't obviously be talking about his looks.

ill try one more time...

1.It's ok for a grown women to tell a guy in public to his face-"you are not my type" Yes, it is which basically means she is saying he is not attractive Doesn't necessarily mean that but if it does, it's perfectly fine.

2.And it's not normal for a guy to let that same woman know that SHE IS NOT ALL THAT???? Correct, that is not normal

Please tell me I'm not in the twilight zone Can't do it. I think you are.

And if she were not "all that", then why would you approach her to begin with ... and why would her opinion of you cause such a violent and disturbing reaction???

Obviously, you've been rejected your entire life, have NEVER been with a woman, and are bitter and hateful of the world because of it. Time for a straight-jacket and forced mental help.

Women have different types.

Example: Some girls would go for a guy in a suit.... other girls would be turned off by the suit because they prefer a sports buff.

Pffff CD! Now you're just enjoying the attention I think.

And btw, you probably shouldn't date if you have this mentality man. Really -

omg, so someone doesn't think you are attractive. deal with it. don't be a little girl that fell off the monkey bars on lunch period and got a booboo.

who cares if you aren't attractive to her. sob story i know.

you did more than tell the girl she is not all that. and why try and make yourself feel better by firing back at her? you just hit on her so your statement is bunk.

Just thought of something else - you say it'd be better for the person to tell you that they are in a relationship.

That one girl..... she told you she's in a relationship.... Yet you post about hoping she will still be physical with you. So what does that mean? Seems to me that you don't take just "hints."

why do think some women don't like to receiving a FLIRT message on a dating site?? You know the type of message that's not a real email but kind of a ice breaker? I mean I thought the purpose of those kind of messages was for a guy to know if you are attracted to him first so he can then send a regular reply. I don't think no guy wants to sit there and type a paragraph and then not get a reply back from her at all.

Also ladies, do you like to hear that you are PRETTY in the first sentence of a reply when a guy send you a message?

For me I think it's no problem though I prefer to have some more text to read even if it's only one or a few sentences (or if it's that to start with). In general I dislike it if things are unpersonal and kind of standard so you can think other person is sending same kind of icebreaker to a lot of people. Not sure if it's same reason for a lot of other woman who dislike it. But I understand it could be preferable to do it that way b/c it can be frustrating to type a lot and not receiving anything.

Always nice to hear for me but it doesn't make much sense until I find out how serious other person is and I can dislike the fact if someone is putting very high value to outside without knowing about the inside/personality/things happened before. Though it can be important to choose someone who is fysically attractive as well (but - at least for me - it correlates highly with the inside of the person and I think outhern attractiveness becomes more when you like someone (know better in a good way)).

I like it when a man acts very gentle so giving compliments is part of it so positive for me.

I think saying 'Not my type' is especially meant as a way to express gently 'I'm not interested'. Guess it shouldn't be taken very litterairy or with deep content. I also think deciding someone is in that category needn't be based on outhern appeareance. Attractiveness maybe for a big part it does. Also the way someone acts or if you feel s'thing like it's pushing you away or even if she has already interest in someone else and started thinking more about the other or if there's something in the way he acts that she dislikes like too much pushing or too doministric or just too less or whatever.

In some cases it could be taken litterairy maybe. But personally I don't really believe in 'types' of men.

And if she were not "all that", then why would you approach her to begin with ... and why would her opinion of you cause such a violent and disturbing reaction???

Obviously, you've been rejected your entire life, have NEVER been with a woman, and are bitter and hateful of the world because of it. Time for a straight-jacket and forced mental help.

If a woman ever told me I'm not her type to my face, I will be very sarcastic. Class goes out the window.

Archived