Okay, so my girlfriend (who is 14) says she wants to "try ecstasy once". I am rigidly and completely opposed to this idea, but I don't know if its because Ecstasy really is that awful and addictive, or because school has hammered into my head the basic message of "DRUGS = EEEVIIIL". She says she just wants to do it once, and her reason is she wants to use it to get really turned on when she's around me. I appreciate and am reassured by the fact that she asked me first, but I don't know if she'll listen if I tell her, please, no.

I don't know what to do - will Ecstasy be so addictive to her that once will be too many times? I have just... this awful, awful feeling in the pit of my stomach... am I overreacting? If not, what can I do?

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows where I could some kind of web site or something with horror stories about Ecstasy... it would really help.

ecstasy can be addicting. those things can be cut with so many different drugs. yes, i've tried ex. no, i didn't get addicted thank gosh. the last time i did it i just felt like complete crap. so bad that i never wanted to do it again.

also, DO NOT do ecstasy and be around your bf or anybody you are hooking up with. the feeling is intensified and if anything happens sexually, that feeling will not be as hightened when not on the drug.

but it is a drug. it can be cut with things like heroine, cocaine, meth, etc.

yeah dude! ex is bad!!!! ive done it a couple times and like ghost said it can be cut with some brutal stuff. i wont lie it is an amazing feeling but the next day to week you feel so out of it, it sucks!! i wont do it again. I also think her excuse for doing it is pretty crappy. is being around you sober not good enough to arouse her? i would cut this gal off! Some people especially at a young age can get really addicted to it cause of the great happy high it gives you but if proper precautions dont take place or if the person has some un known illness, it can be deadly.

If you're going to do drugs wait until a couple years and make sure you're buying from somebody you know. Just taking a hit from a stranger in a club is dangerous - you don't know what it's cut with.

As for being addictive, it isn't in comparison with other drugs, but it's habitual. Sex on ecstasy is great and all, but like somebody else mentioned the next time you have sex it might not be as satisfying and you'll want the drugs again. Also, too many pills and you might not be able to get it up anyway.

Horror stories -- it can happen, but it's a tiny minority. If 1 in a million dies from it they'll throw it in the papers to scare kids off of it. You could be allergic, but most of the time it's people not drinking enough/too much water. At such a young age it might be a bit too much to handle. Drugs aren't evil mate, but if you really don't want her to do because that's how you feel then I'd discourage her as much as you can.

She's 14...if she was 18 and mature I would say to allow her to do it safely once, but x is a bad drug if you do it more than that...not good for you at all! Get some info about the research on the drug and show her how harmful it is.

X makes you stupid, it really kills your brain cells.

Ummm, no. Any street and illegal drug can be extraordinarily dangerous. You don't know what you're getting, and there are unpredictable results with this drug...

It's a Schedule 1 illegal drug in the same category as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, which means penalties are very stiff for messing with it.

....and DON'T take Herbal X as another poster suggested as it can also cause permanent brain damage and death:

Herbal X

Herbal Ecstasy is another form of MDMA that is composed of ephedrine (ma huang) or pseudoephedrine and caffeine from the kola nut. Also sold in tablet form, Herbal Ecstasy can cause permanent brain damage and death. Though not currently classified as a controlled substance, Herbal Ecstasy shares many of the same qualities and effects as MDMA.

She is WAY too young to be messing with such a powerful drug. Her reasons for wanting to do it are stupid. Tell her to wait until she's older (18+) and see if she STILL wants to try it.

It's one of the few things I haven't personally tried. It scares me.

ecstasy can be addicting. those things can be cut with so many different drugs. yes, i've tried ex. no, i didn't get addicted thank gosh. the last time i did it i just felt like complete crap. so bad that i never wanted to do it again.

also, DO NOT do ecstasy and be around your bf or anybody you are hooking up with. the feeling is intensified and if anything happens sexually, that feeling will not be as hightened when not on the drug.

Word......

She says she just wants to do it once, and her reason is she wants to use it to get really turned on when she's around me. I appreciate and am reassured by the fact that she asked me first, but I don't know if she'll listen if I tell her, please, no.

Tell her that drugs are a major TURN OFF to you and that you are offended that she would need a drug to get turned on when she is with you. Tell her you want no part of her when she is on it.

Here's some tragic ecstasy stories for you: link removed

E is almost never cut with coke, or heroine, that stuff costs money it's normally cut with speed, or caffeine, or MDA, instead of MDMA.

Also E is not chemically additive, unlike coke, and heroine, and meth. But the life style can be addicting. And it can screw you up for days afterwards, if you do it a lot. I would say 14 is really young to be doing drugs like that. But I know a couple people who are doing amazingly well who where doing acid at that young so I don't know. I wouldn't have.

I was 20 I took e and really loved it. Did it too much for awhile hit a wall felt super * * * * ty and moved on. I still do it once and awhile and it works fine. I wouldn't say DRUGS=EVIL it's important to know info on anything you are thinking about doing because pot doesn’t equal heroine, e doesn't equal coke.

So whatever you please be careful.

Tell her to read this: link removed

She washed down a few and waited for the drug's effects to kick in.

Indeed, they did. Within hours, she was in convulsions and had to be rushed to the hospital. There, she lapsed into a coma and her body temperature rose quickly, not stopping until it reached 108 degrees. "She was bleeding everywhere," says her mother. "Her blood cells were just erupting. Her intestines were bleeding; her stomach was bleeding. She was bleeding from the mouth. She bit her lip when she had a seizure, and it wouldn't stop bleeding, but she was not moving at all."

So romantic.

uhhh, yeah, it's not cut with heroic, coke and meth. what planet are you on? i'm not talking about someone sitting there and divvying up coke in certain amounts for each pill. and i like how you promoted other drug use over E. way to help the OP.

That wasn't what I was doing. There is a lot of false info about drug use out there and a lot of it was just reported on this forum. I was trying to put some true info out there. I know people don't like to hear it. And most people don't think kids are ready to hear it. I understand if this is the wrong forum for that. But what I said is true. I spent a lot of time helping test pills. Not one had coke or heroine.

I'm not promoting other drugs, I'm sorry if that is how my post sounded.

I too have been there when i was young and stupid

It certainly isnt just a one off kind of drug, it isnt chemically addictive unless cut with something that is but the BUZZ is addictive, can get you to a point where you feel you havent had a good night out if you havent had it, sad.

Id NEVER touch it again.

Read Leah Betts story:

link removed

How ridiculous to think that she only wants to do it once.....How about not doing it ever?

I'm sure all the herion, meth, and crack addicts only thought about doing it once.

I have zero tolerance for drugs, the people that take them, and the people that push them.

Does her mother know about this? She's 14, I think someone needs to intervene now before someone is called to the morgue to id her body.

Another thing about most drugs like ecstasy is that it detaches people from reality, changes the mental makeup. Most of the time people taking drugs won't notice the changes in themselves, but if they have healthy family or friends that care about them, it can be horrifying for them to watch someone change because of drugs.

I've seen a lot of people who used drugs to escape and they never came back the same. They might think they are happy because they detached from reality, but as the saying goes "you don't know what you have until you lose it." Sometimes it takes a long time to realize you lost something...

Horror stories -- it can happen, but it's a tiny minority. If 1 in a million dies from it they'll throw it in the papers to scare kids off of it. You could be allergic, but most of the time it's people not drinking enough/too much water. At such a young age it might be a bit too much to handle.

Agreed.

I'm not condoning taking drugs, especially aged 14, but I have been doing Es since I was 17 - for many years I was taking A LOT every weekend. Nothing bad ever happened to me or any of my friends.

Just another viewpoint.

Archived