At what age do we start to lose our looks ?

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, watch it, i'm over 35 and i feel great. And your disclaimer isn't good enough to cover your butt. PFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! and then someeeeee

But I don't have a big butt....I'm in a gym a lot ;-).

I have never said that you don't look good - I was merely telling that from all females I was around, their looks "level" went down after 35. That does not mean they still don't look good, but realistically, their peak look is in the past and it's not getting any better. As always exceptions are possible.

So you are saying you look better now than you were when you were 25 or 30?

I see girls that are 26 and have still go it but there are some that really start to lose it by 22 or 23 and those that are really young, sometimes look superb and other times look way too young.

I've seen 29 year olds that look horrible that I thought were much older. So I am wondering what do women in their late 20's look like ? I used to think 29 was ancient and passed it. You should be home with the kids. Now I am not so sure how it all works.

Agree with all of the above -- it really depends on a lot of things, genetics, how one takes care of one's self, etc.

I am 37, and I definitely don't look 37. I exercise nearly every day, take care of myself (no baking in the sun regularly), don't really drink, get a lot of rest, use moisturizer and sunscreen, don't smoke, etc. I actually look better than I did in my 20's. I have a few lines around my eyes, but...I've had them since my 20's, and I see TONS of people with noticeable lines/wrinkles who are much younger than I.

I figure I'll look pretty decent at least until I'm in my 50's!

I'm not arguing against that but isn't that what "old" people generally say?

"Old" people are more likely to be insecure about their age/looks combo.

I tend to agree with that to an extent that what is on the inside matters.

But right now I just want a nice soft hot bod all the rest can wait. I'm wondering when they start to lose it because I think you get a 4-6 year gap. When you're 30 you can aim for a 24 year old for example.

I am sure when you're older your priorities start to change.

My Dad made that mistake with my Mum and he has told me more than a few times that he regrets it. I'll quote him saying 'If I had been sensible about it and married a big fat one'.

It depends.

In high school there were many attractive girls. By the end of college half of them were losing looks. Tack on another 4 years out of college, and half of the remaining attractive ones were losing looks.

I'd say if a man/woman is attractive between 25-30, then they will likely remain attractive for the remainder of life.

We all age man. Aging does wonders for some people though - they aren't as self-centered and ego-driven. I've seen this happen with both men and women. Getting older, aging, and life not coming as easy for them as they thought does humble them a little.

Beyond 30, many people are not as attractive as they once were. Diet & exercise help, but genetics is the trump card. Doesn't make them any less of a person though. It happens.

I hate to say it but with this i kind of agree. It seems that some young people by the age of 25 or younger just kind of fall apart in the looks category. those who are 25 and up and who still sustain their youthful appearance have a much higher probability of keeping it a long time.

That said, many women on tv who are the hottest are 35 and up. The days of 35 and up being a death sentence for looks are over. Some people age well, some don't. Some people past the age of 23 just fall apart. IT all depends on the person's genes and how well they take care of themselves. People are more health conscience than ever and medical advances have allowed people to take advantage of the fountain of youth as it were.

I don't think women are at their hottest 35 and up they might look more distinguished and smart which a lot of men might prefer for marriage and relationships at that age.

There is no easy way to say this but you really can't beat the body of a 19-22 year old. Which is why I don't want to look too old. I was 16 and I looked 22 I'm 24 now and I think I look the same as everyone else does now. Though some people tell me I look 28 .. which is not good at all.

That being said it might well change as the man gets older too I have heard when you're 45 a thirty year old is just as good as a 19 year old was 20 years ago.

I missed out on a lot of fun and I want to know how long I've got if I've got any time left at all to try and catch up.

I'm not arguing against that but isn't that what "old" people generally say?

"Old" people are more likely to be insecure about their age/looks combo.

I'm in my 30's and i feel better than when i was 20 something. I admit i come from great genes where the women look younger than their years, however, i feel BETTER in my own skin with time on my side. And my confidence from the inside reflects on the outside.

It is so much more than the skin. The younger generation (not all) can be cocky with their attitude. Time stands still for no one. Sure, i have a few more lines and i have to work on keeping the fat at bay even moreso, but i wouldn't trade the time back. I would never want to be back in my early 20's.

The 30's are exciting, and i'm looking forward to my 40's.

Eva Longoria and Terry Hatcher look "distinguished"? LMAO. Those chicks are f'ing hot. And those are just the first two to pop into my head, the list is ginormous. They are far hotter than Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan!

You just have a prejudice against people over 30, CP.

I'm in my 30's and i feel better than when i was 20 something. I admit i come from great genes where the women look younger than their years, however, i feel BETTER in my own skin with time on my side. And my confidence from the inside reflects on the outside.

It is so much more than the skin. The younger generation (not all) can be cocky with their attitude. Time stands still for no one. Sure, i have a few more lines and i have to work on keeping the fat at bay even moreso, but i wouldn't trade the time back. I would never want to be back in my early 20's.

The 30's are exciting, and i'm looking forward to my 40's.

I second that.....

While I agree totally with Jaded and the ladies she mentioned, I'm afraid the younger set probably looks at Paris and Lindsay as the better looking - albeit, sad, but true.

Most will probably have to agree to disagree, simply because a good deal of the younger ones lack the maturity and experience it takes to look past the hot looks of those girls under 25, even though most pictures I've seen, especially of those two, look like they have partied WAY too much and in 10 years, those party years are going to catch up to them. My ex, who was a very hot boy in his 20's, continued to party and still does...now, he looks like an old man of 60 and he is only 47.

While I agree totally with Jaded and the ladies she mentioned, I'm afraid the younger set probably looks at Paris and Lindsay as the better looking - albeit, sad, but true.

Most will probably have to agree to disagree, simply because a good deal of the younger ones lack the maturity and experience it takes to look past the hot looks of those girls under 25, even though most pictures I've seen, especially of those two, look like they have partied WAY too much and in 10 years, those party years are going to catch up to them. My ex, who was a very hot boy in his 20's, continued to party and still does...now, he looks like an old man of 60 and he is only 47.

I don't know, i'd be willing to bet many a 20 year old guy would rather have Eva Longoria than Paris Hilton. Even young men like some curves for the most part. This isn't to diss young people, this is just to paint a more realistic illustration of people over 30 than has been painted thus far by some.

i don't know - i think i look better now that ever. it takes a while for people to 'grow into their looks.' many supermodels were gawky and odd looking in high school, and then blossomed later on.

i think it depends on how you take care of yourself. i've seen plenty of guys who are 25 and look over the hill.

I completely agree 100 percent Annie I think every individual is different, and i've seen many late bloomers look radiant in their 30's and 40's compared to their teens or early 20's.

I think by around a woman's mid-twenties her "looks" fade. Now I don't mean that she will LOSE her looks after that, but she probably won't gain them (naturally). Women in their 30s and beyond can still look very hot, but their youthfulness diminishes (skin, health, mind and body-wise).

would rather have Eva Longoria than Paris Hilton

Ewww. Even knowing that Paris is a sleaze, I'd take her over Eva. Eva without make-up = disgusting.

i've seen plenty of guys who are 25 and look over the hill.

I agree. Same with some women.

Interesting thing about partyers. The hottest girl from my high school is starting to look nasty nowadays (so I heard). A friend of mine bumped into her at her salon, they chatted, and after she left my friend told all of her co-workers 'that was the school bicycle' (everyone rode her). She has also aged very badly. Her body still looked good, but her face was really haggard looking. You can tell that she was really good looking at one time, but you can't hide years and years of clubbing and party going.

I completely agree 100 percent Annie I think every individual is different, and i've seen many late bloomers look radiant in their 30's and 40's compared to their teens or early 20's.

I thought we're talking about appearance here?

Some people in older age do appear attractive because they gained more experience and confidence level along the way and are good in expressing this. This is sometimes true and, by the same argument, you can say that a 55 yr old ( who will probably be fat and diabetic if the American way of life is any indication ) can also be attractive. But I don't think that's the point of this thread.

The stand-alone appearance of the older crowd will not be as pleasing as the people btwn the teens and twenties.

My skin is incredible! I don't have wrinkle one, except a few laugh lines that I adore! My smile is better (I can afford great cosmetic dentistry), my clothes are better (I can afford designer stuff now), and my attitude and self confidence are far greater than when I was in my insecure twenties. Ladies, getting older rocks! Look forward to it. Oh, I am better at sex now. I can orgasm during sex in under 5 minutes. Couldn't do that twenty years ago.

My skin is incredible! I don't have wrinkle one, except a few laugh lines that I adore! My smile is better (I can afford great cosmetic dentistry), my clothes are better (I can afford designer stuff now), and my attitude and self confidence are far greater than when I was in my insecure twenties. Ladies, getting older rocks! Look forward to it. Oh, I am better at sex now. I can orgasm during sex in under 5 minutes. Couldn't do that twenty years ago.

You go girl!

yeah, the multi orgasms as we get older ROX!

Archived