Tired of seeing sexy images of women everywhere I look!

Treese

To expand on this. In some ways men have it A LOT more difficult than women.

Women are muuuch more critical to each other when it comes to appearance than men are. Most women dont have a clue what most men want. Most men DO NOT like the model type body on a woman. Men like women to have curves. The ones that like the model type are suspect to me. Honestly these type of men are probably border line pedophilles.

Also if you look at a dating website women are muuch more picky when it comes to the type of men they choose to date. Look at the mens profiles, how many of them require a bachelor degree or a certain salary range? Hardly any.

I was told by a user on this forum that she wouldnt date someone like me because I do not have a college degree? She doesnt know anything about me but she wouldnt date me??

On top of all of this men are now expected to look like Brad Pitt. I dont think Im a bad looking guy at all. I tried talking to some women on POF and I havent received ANY responses yet. Its not like I was making suggestive remarks to them either just a simple hello. I mean they dont even have to common courtesy to tell me that theyre not interested in talking to me.

Women do not know what its like to be truly lonely. What I mean is if they go out they WILL get attention from some man. Even if its just a potential one night stand it is at least some type of attention. Men on this board know what Im talking about.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with your post above except the last part. There are lonely women AND men out there.

It is easy to think one gender has it better than the other but both can have it rough. That is why i said early in a facetious manner not to forget the other gender exists but what I meant was don't forget the other gender has a lot of hurdles as well.

I agree with your post above except the last part. There are lonely women AND men out there.

It is easy to think one gender has it better than the other but both can have it rough. That is why i said early in a facetious manner not to forget the other gender exists but what I meant was don't forget the other gender has a lot of hurdles as well.

In other words, until you can truly walk in BOTH genders shoes, it makes no sense to say "its harder for one than the other". The hurdles may be (or may appear different) but one set of hurdles is not "easier" or better than the other.

P.S. I do not want a man whom looks like Brad Pitt....he reminds me of a rat in the face (waiting for the tomatoes... I will take a loving, committed (cough cough...not cheating on wife Aniston), humorous, intelligent (not just "book smarts"), active, AVERAGE kinda guy any day over Brad Pitt.

I never thought Brad Pitt was great looking either. There are lots of men that I do like and love to look at and watch movies with them in it. But I don't hold those looks as standards for dating and actually wouldn't want to date someone that is celebrity flawless.

Which brings me to a little funny story.

A guy I went out with this weekend. Met him online and he was good looking in his pictures. Go to meet him, he walks over and as he's walking I'm thinking, Man - this guy looks like Josh Hartnett! Which was fun because that is my celebrity crush. And this guy really does resemble him. But - - I don't know if I'll go out with him again in part due to just that. He just looks too flawless - and I don't like perfect.

I love imperfect. The scar from sports, etc.

Ahhh the plight of the feminist. How far you've all come, but how far you still think you have to go.

I personally like the perfected sexed up image. I also like breast implants, in lots of cases I think they look better than natural breasts. And my gf agrees, she'll be getting implants within the year.

So even though your post comes off extremely judgmental, I will offer you this advice. Your problem has nothing to do with TV and magazines, it has everything to do with insecurity in the way your bf feels about you. Talk to him about this often until you exhaust the subject. Either he'll get you get past it or you two will break up and you can go find someone who's meant for you.

Ahhh the plight of the feminist. How far you've all come, but how far you still think you have to go.

I personally like the perfected sexed up image. I also like breast implants, in lots of cases I think they look better than natural breasts. And my gf agrees, she'll be getting implants within the year.

So even though your post comes off extremely judgmental, I will offer you this advice. Your problem has nothing to do with TV and magazines, it has everything to do with insecurity in the way your bf feels about you. Talk to him about this often until you exhaust the subject. Either he'll get you get past it or you two will break up and you can go find someone who's meant for you.

Wow. Are you serious? I believe you are...

To each their own opinion on most of this.

But the "Talk to your boyfriend about it often until you exhaust the subject," no, no, no.... Hmmm. Wow.

P.S. I do not want a man whom looks like Brad Pitt....he reminds me of a rat in the face (waiting for the tomatoes... I will take a loving, committed (cough cough...not cheating on wife Aniston), humorous, intelligent (not just "book smarts"), active, AVERAGE kinda guy any day over Brad Pitt.

Curious

As long as he has a college degree and makes a certain amount of money?

My ex looked down on me because I didnt have a college degree even though Ive been in IT for 9 years (not working at a carwash) and made more money than her (she was an attorney). I also worked with people with master degrees and they would come to me with their questions. So is this normal for women to judge just by a degree?

Curious

As long as he has a college degree and makes a certain amount of money?

My ex looked down on me because I didnt have a college degree even though Ive been in IT for 9 years (not working at a carwash) and made more money than her (she was an attorney). I also worked with people with master degrees and they would come to me with their questions. So is this normal for women to judge just by a degree?

No, that is why I said "not just book smarts". I have dated men whom were in the trades or entrepreneurs.

I do think being motivated is important, but I personally do not equate that to "college degree". Not everyone feels this way about needing a degree. Some do, and that is their preference, but not everyone demands it.

My mum is a white collar professional, very educated with both college degrees and further professional training and was always a straight A student - my stepfather whom she has been with for over 22 years barely got through high school and has been a train mechanic his entire life. He is truly her best friend and they are very compatible. Don't need a college degree for that.

How much money he makes is irrelevant to me. I make my own money. It is more important to me he is fiscally responsible with what he DOES have than he have lots of it. Then again, I grew up in a family where money was not plentiful but we were very happy....it's not everything to me. Others whom grew up with lots of it (or none at all perhaps) may put a higher value on "lots of money" whereas I just look to be compatible in our financial values/goals.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the women on these posts who struggle with this is a "boyfriend" problem. Mine thinks I'm perfect and never ogles over these FAKE women. It's me who gets tired of seeing it. I wonder how you like it when you see FAKE MEN in the media? Should YOU look like them ??

I wonder how you like it when you see FAKE MEN in the media? Should YOU look like them ??

I am not jealous or threatened. I am not gay in any aspect, but if he looks good and has a good style, I might enjoy seeing him. In the same way that I would view a beautiful piece or art, there is an aesthetic quality.

If I want to look like them or as close as possible, I can stop eating cupcakes and get in the gym. They serve as a good example of what I should be striving for (if I want to look like them) even if it is impossible to accomplish.

I agree with this. A degree to me is not important, but the guy needs to have a level of intellect equal to mine. I am not saying I am some smarty pants i am just saying i need a guy to be able to match wits with me. A degree is not a requirement if he were to fit the bill. If a degree is a requirement to some, big deal. Everyone has the right to have requirements for who they date. and we ALL have them and the same guys i have seen who whine about a woman only wanting a guy with a degree also only want to date women who are ten's so i take their complaints with a grain of salt.

I also like my financial equal. A little more or less is fine but I am not looking to support anybody at this stage of my life so a really huge shift one way or the other won't work out. Not even if he made gobs more than me because that could present other issues. I want finacial equitability for the most part.

That does not make me shallow to want out of something what i can put into it.

And my gf used to have this problem and I got her over it, so I'd say I have a fair amount of expertise in diagnosing and treating this.

The question here is, DID she get over it, or did she merely learn how to dust it under the rug knowing that she couldn't change the way you think? We are very good at doing that to save a relationship and accommodate our men. I understand what you're saying about appreciating beauty. Everyone loves to see beautiful things and people. The problem here is much larger than whether or not we do. The problem is that society is forcing these images down our throat at every turn, and the human race isn't matching up with what the media portraying. At what point did we stop appreciating REAL human beauty....?? Why is it necessary to create fake images so that we can better tolerate our television, magazine and video viewing??? Is the natural human body so hideous ? It seems to be anymore. I recently saw a photo of a natural woman in an online newspaper, and when I looked at the comments below her, I saw the statement from someone reading, "What a cow." This woman was by no means a cow...except by the standards of society. She was built more like Marilyn Monroe. How is that a cow?? I just get so frustrated over it.

The question here is, DID she get over it, or did she merely learn how to dust it under the rug knowing that she couldn't change the way you think? We are very good at doing that to save a relationship and accommodate our men.

I'm very perceptive at telling the difference, she's gotten over it. Let's just say it's very obvious by her actions.

Have you guys seen the Dove ads and commercials? I really like Dove products because of this. they use "real" women in their commercials and ads, like women with curves, rolls, sagging (but real!) breasts and cellulite. They don't airbrush anything out and the women are in their underwear. I admit it was weird seeing it all at first, but once I started to see the point of the advertising this way, I really support it. It's nice to finally see real women in ads and to be honest, I think hte "large" women in the ads are are sexier than the "model" women in any other ads or commercials

Well i think those ads are cool but at the same time it is not what everyone wants to see so i don't know if realistically we'll ever see all industries go to this model...

Truth is most people don't WANT reality when they pay for mags, movies, etc. I don't even think i do. If i pay to go to the movies i probably deep down want to see beautiful people so i can live out the fantasy on the screen in my mind. I really don't want to see a love scene starring my overweight neighbors.

But I am not shallow. I jsut don't want to pay money for reality when reality is free right where i live. LOL

Well i think those ads are cool but at the same time it is not what everyone wants to see so i don't know if realistically we'll ever see all industries go to this model...

Truth is most people don't WANT reality when they pay for mags, movies, etc. I don't even think i do. If i pay to go to the movies i probably deep down want to see beautiful people so i can live out the fantasy on the screen in my mind. I really don't want to see a love scene starring my overweight neighbors.

But I am not shallow. I jsut don't want to pay money for reality when reality is free right where i live. LOL

It's not just that I don't want to see fake women.... the society thinks that sex has to sell EVERYTHING and nearly 100 % of the time they use fake sexy images to do it. For example, have you noticed in your email pages like MSN, the little advertisements up above them are selling things like the latest cell phone? It has a large picture of a near anorexic, computer enhanced sexy woman,...then if you look closely you might actually see a picture of the actual phone they're wanting to sell. I enjoy sex VERY MUCH....VERY MUCH....but I don't need those images forced down my throat every single second of the day through television, advertisements, movies and magazines. It's getting carried away.

I have to add something...

I don't have cable at home. I was watching tv at my mom's a few weeks ago. And clothing, cologne, deoderant - - - every commercial I seen showed barely clothed models selling sex. Cleavage shot, lower back shot, abs shot of men.

I barely watch R rated movies. I was bothered by how much "sex" was being sold. And bothered by the fact that my children may see these commercials. I strongly feel it's inappropriate.

I have to add something...

I don't have cable at home. I was watching tv at my mom's a few weeks ago. And clothing, cologne, deoderant - - - every commercial I seen showed barely clothed models selling sex. Cleavage shot, lower back shot, abs shot of men.

I barely watch R rated movies. I was bothered by how much "sex" was being sold. And bothered by the fact that my children may see these commercials. I strongly feel it's inappropriate.

I agree with you completely. People should take notice at how often it's the women in these things that are barely clothed, and the men are fully clothed. I'm not saying I want to see more men naked....I'm saying why is it necessary for us to have the human body fake or real, shoved in our face? Sex is hot enough as it is....we don't need it introduced into our lives from commericials to movies to videos to banners on the side of a bus! And the world can't figure out why our prisons are full of sex offenders and pedophiles??? Our society is in a downward spiral, and it's very sad for the next generation growing up.

I agree with you completely. People should take notice at how often it's the women in these things that are barely clothed, and the men are fully clothed. I'm not saying I want to see more men naked....I'm saying why is it necessary for us to have the human body fake or real, shoved in our face? Sex is hot enough as it is....we don't need it introduced into our lives from commericials to movies to videos to banners on the side of a bus! And the world can't figure out why our prisons are full of sex offenders and pedophiles??? Our society is in a downward spiral, and it's very sad for the next generation growing up.

It is unfortunate. I could write a whole page about what selling sex does for our society including but not limited to anorexia, teenagers having sex earlier, etc. etc. etc.

The day I was watching the commercials, it was men and women. One of the commercials had a couple girls (women) sitting on bleachers and a man training. And oh yeah - man was hot, hot. But really - what does that do for the product being sold? Do we really think that a boy or man watching it is going to say "I gotta get that so those girls like me!" Nope... So point being - sex is being sold more than the product if you ask me.

I'm saying why is it necessary for us to have the human body fake or real, shoved in our face? Sex is hot enough as it is....we don't need it introduced into our lives from commericials to movies to videos to banners on the side of a bus!

Speak for yourself, I like things this way.

And the world can't figure out why our prisons are full of sex offenders and pedophiles???

No link between the two.

It is unfortunate. I could write a whole page about what selling sex does for our society including but not limited to anorexia, teenagers having sex earlier, etc. etc. etc.

The day I was watching the commercials, it was men and women. One of the commercials had a couple girls (women) sitting on bleachers and a man training. And oh yeah - man was hot, hot. But really - what does that do for the product being sold? Do we really think that a boy or man watching it is going to say "I gotta get that so those girls like me!" Nope... So point being - sex is being sold more than the product if you ask me.

It seems like we keep pushing the limits too. A few decades ago we saw no nudity in movies. Before that sex wasn't even mentioned in the public because it was taboo. Now it's a prerequisite for any movies made. It's as if they say, "Ok, we have the graphic violence, we have the nudity, we have the torture scene, so NOW how can we push the limits so that we can get the word out there to sell this movie?" And this is all REGULAR television now...not even the rated R movies found on cable or satellite. What's coming next? It's scary to think about. We see full on sex and nudity in just about every R rated film. Very soon we'll be seeing full-on nudity, both male and female in regular television. Will the human body no longer "affect" the human race because we will have seen it so much, it'll be no big deal? THEN where does it go? Humans and animals?? (I'm sorry to present it that way, but honestly I can see it heading down a very horrible path.) What comes next? (because we're always wanting to SHOCK mankind to SELL something.)

i agree with you on the fact that you can't watch tv or go anywhere without seeing 'sexy images,' or 'sexy women,' or whatever it may be. it annoys the heck out of me too, but you can chose to ignore it. that's the industry . . . we can't change it. but we can ignore it.

i think alot of it has to do with insecurity in yourself and/or your relationship. if you are secure with your relationship/yourself then you aren't going to let some womans cleavage on tv or a movie get to you so much.

don't read into so much. you know it's not real, so be happy that YOU are.

everyone has their preference . . .

Archived