"What goes around comes around" is it true?

First time i met my ex, i was listening to this song, pretty much all the way to her state to meet with her. Deep down inside, i felt like this is how my relationship with her is going to play out... And it pretty much did... Except for ending, as i don't know if she will get what's coming to her, but Frankly it doesn't really matter...

Everything until the last part which i put in bold pretty much happened for me with her... It's so weird though. I mean i never liked these kind of songs, but that song was so stuck in my head that over time it became true.

I just wanted to share this with you all...

It's the song by Justin Timberlake "what goes around comes around"

Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man

You know I gave you the world

You had me in the palm of your hand

So why your love went away

I just can't seem to understand

Thought it was me and you babe

Me and you until the end

But I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it

Don't want to talk about it

I'm just so sick about it

Can't believe it's ending this way

Just so confused about it

Feeling the blues about it

I just can't do without ya

Tell me is this fair?

Is this the way it's really going down?

Is this how we say goodbye?

Should've known better when you came around

That you were gonna make me cry

It's breaking my heart to watch you run around

'Cause I know that you're living a lie

That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find...

What goes around, goes around, goes around

Comes all the way back around

Now girl, I remember everything that you claimed

You said that you were moving on now

And maybe I should do the same

Funny thing about that is

I was ready to give you my name

Thought it was me and you, babe

And now, it's all just a shame

And I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it

Feeling the blues about it

Can you tell me is this fair?

Is this the way things are going down?

Should've known better when you came around (should've known better that you were gonna make me cry)

That you were going to make me cry

Now it's breaking my heart to watch you run around

That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find

What goes around comes around

Yeah

[ What Goes Around lyrics found on link removed ]

You should know that

Yeah

You should know that

Don't want to think about it (no)

Feeling the blues about it (yeah)

Tell me is this fair?

Is this the way things are going down?

Should've known better when you came around (should've known better that you were gonna make me cry)

That you were going to make me cry

Now it's breaking my heart to watch you run around

But that's okay baby 'cause in time you will find

[Comes Around interlude

Let me paint this picture for you, baby

You spend your nights alone

And he never comes home

And every time you call him

All you get's a busy tone

I heard you found out

That he's doing to you

What you did to me

Ain't that the way it goes

You cheated girl

My heart bleeds girl

So it goes without saying that you left me feeling hurt

Just a classic case

A scenario

Tale as old as time

Girl you got what you deserved

And now you want somebody

To cure the lonely nights

You wish you had somebody

That could come and make it right

But girl I ain't somebody with a lot of sympathy

You'll see

(What goes around comes back around)

I thought I told ya, hey

I thought I told ya, hey

I thought I told ya, hey

I thought I told ya, hey

See?

You should've listened to me, baby

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Because

(What goes around comes back around

This is an argument that has been and will be debated for centuries. To be honest, I do believe in Karma and I have seen it work in a surprising number of cases, not just infidelity, but also in other issues in life. I too have had my ex come back to me once she realized she had made the wrong choice!! Don't get me wrong, I've seen innocent people also get into the sh*ts, but this can be said about anyone. Well, let me put it this way, I used to work with a guy who 'wasn't the nicest' and I will leave it at that. In the matter of two years he lost his standing at work, and had to replace the engine on his car.....twice. Just another reason I find for me to keep my nose clean.

Depends what you mean by what goes around comes around.

This is related to the idea of Karma in western culture however karma has little to do with some "guy" or a force watching over the person who committed the wrong and giving them their cumuppence.

Karma is a step in the cyle of yearning I believe. Basically its the step that needs to be broken to stop habitual yearning. I cant remember the exact details but its something like that.

Basically Karma is something that someone goes through each time. If they have a bad habit such as infidelity and dont break the repetitive cycle then they end up creating their own reality in a sense. At some point things become a self fulfilling prophecy.

So if someone cheats because they believe others will cheat on them so they have to get the first shot in. Eventually that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and eventually they do get cheated on.

This is the same for the statements what goes around comes around. If someone doesnt change their behaviours they run the risk of realizing the self fulfilling prophecy.

If a person can change the behaviours and break the cycle then they may never experience what they caused you to experience.

That is why its so important to worry about the only person you can: YOURSELF.

Very true. Karma's a b!tch.

Right after our break up, my ex, who left me for another girl, got into an accident, had his car reposessed, and had his license suspended indefinitely.

Sleep well. They'll get theirs in due time!

Yep I agree, in due time

The question I have is if it does, will it matter to you?

Using my own relationship as an example, after 7 years of marriage my ex lied, deceived, and engaged in unfaithful acts. Supposing it does come back on her, either by realizing what she gave up or it happening to her that makes her return. Would I take her back? Absolutely not, but because she has tainted my view of her and betrayed my trust in pretty much the worst way you can. Not for the sake of karma.

I wouldn't feel justified, honestly I'd pity her.

After my daily workout at gym and after a shower, ror some reason i just feel like... I don't know... I really don't care anymore... I just feel like "hope she's happy with the guy she's with now, even if it's not me".

But i only feel like this after i workout and then take a shower... I have no idea why that is... Other times, mornings obviously, i just feel sad and i wish she gets the taste of her own medicine...

I definitely agree with you get what you give. And have seen it plenty of times with people I know (including myself!--although I never ever cheated)

I just wanted to say lovemycoffee41, you look really pretty in that picture... you remind me of someone... But that girl is not in Virginia, so it can't be her.

Maybe I should have worded my previous post a little differently...I NEVER wished anything bad to happen to my ex. There is a part of me that still loves and cares about him even though he treated me pretty badly during our break up. I just think that Karma caught up with him eventually after a whole string of negative events in his life.

Well.. that song made me cry lol.

It had been a few months since we broke up and I was getting over it, almost fully done. I also listened to this song so much. I felt (like so many people) it spoke to me.

I feel everyone gets what they deserve and yes, the exes too. It happens automaticly and that's why I don't waste time wishing them bad. Everyone gets what they deserve. Every action has a reaction. And I don't want to wish them bad then curse myself lol. (for wishing someone else bad... that's never good either.

I finally met someone great and if the ex ever changes his mind tough luck I'm soooo over him. He lost his chance.

He may get what he deserves though by staying with the girl he is with (who isn't the best catch from what I heard). Oh well...

if you believe in Karma and you're hoping to see something terrible happen to someone, aren't you theoretically putting yourself at risk?

Desire for vengeance, cosmic or otherwise: bad joojoo.

I don't know about the historicity of Jesus or who actually came up with the line, "Forgive them, Father; they know not what they do," but it ain't a half-bad example to follow.

And I'm going to do just that.

Just as soon as I see my ex-wife get hers.

if you believe in Karma and you're hoping to see something terrible happen to someone, aren't you theoretically putting yourself at risk?

Desire for vengeance, cosmic or otherwise: bad joojoo.

I don't know about the historicity of Jesus or who actually came up with the line, "Forgive them, Father; they know not what they do," but it ain't a half-bad example to follow.

And I'm going to do just that.

Just as soon as I see my ex-wife get hers.

Too funny!! I agree with this though. I pray for my ex. I mean, if you're religious you should pray for all your enemies.

I feel everyone gets what they deserve and yes, the exes too.

Yes, I do think people get what they deserve but what about innocent people? For instance, there are sick and dying children in this world. Does a baby deserve to be dying of cancer because they deserved it? No way, certainly not. And, yes, I had to bring that factor up Jeckyll

The question I have is if it does, will it matter to you?

Using my own relationship as an example, after 7 years of marriage my ex lied, deceived, and engaged in unfaithful acts. Supposing it does come back on her, either by realizing what she gave up or it happening to her that makes her return. Would I take her back? Absolutely not, but because she has tainted my view of her and betrayed my trust in pretty much the worst way you can. Not for the sake of karma.

I wouldn't feel justified, honestly I'd pity her.

When I first broke up with my ex, I wished all sorts of bad things on her. In time however, I cared less and less. To be honest the way I see it, it isn't a case of wishing bad things on people, I just believe that you reap what you sow, it's out of my hands and not really my choice. Maybe if I said that I believe that Karma is going to get you anyway, I just want to see it and know about it. Well, I ran into her 5 years later and she had told me a few things, yes there was a small part of me that felt good that she wanted me back and that she should never have left me (and that she knew that she f__ked up) but to be honest, I felt sorry for her and especially for her kids. In time, it's amazing what you can get over.

Yes, I do think people get what they deserve but what about innocent people? For instance, there are sick and dying children in this world. Does a baby deserve to be dying of cancer because they deserved it? No way, certainly not. And, yes, I had to bring that factor up Jeckyll

true.. Lol I have no answer for that though b/c I have no idea when "good" comes to those starving kids.

I agree with somebloke too. I was trying to explain that whole "badd joojoo" thing lol.

After my stbx declared her unsurpassed love for another guy, leaving me with our 2 children two weeks before christmas. I openly told her that I hope he cheats on you and dumps you. For no other reason that I was feeling really vengeful because someone had stolen my future. I still do hope it all goes horribly wrong for her, because at the moment she is floating on air and behaving like a 15 yr old instead of 30.

I know that this way of thinking is not really helping me move on, but nearly always, the instinctive human response is nearly always the wrong one; the one I get accused of being childish for. How can someone spend so much time in my life, claim to be my best friend, bear me two beautiful children, and then just leave for someone else and divorce proceedings started all within 6 weeks- I really am having trouble understanding rather than accepting. Above all else- she expects me to be 'adult' about it, meaning restrained, reserved, and not allowing me the space to have a natural human reaction.

Archived