A new year, a new beginning, a chance to be with someone better.....

tray25

Last night I texted my ex "hey, happy new year". I regretted this very much because of how she made me feel in 2007. The way she wanted to play games and make me jump through hoops to win her over. I thought "Why did I just send that text?" And guess what? She didn't reply. Even though she herself contacted me five days ago. But what's done is done. I try to be kind to all those around me. But I urge all of you, that have problems and heartbreaks from someone who just doesn't feel the same about you, to move on. Let them go, its a new year. Wake up today and realize that this person is in the past. I am glad she didn't write me back. I don't want her ruining a beautiful year on its first hours. I was going to say something about how rude and psycho she was but you know what? Screw her. She shouldn't ruin 2008 as she did 2007.

There are people out there who are crippled, dying, poor and starving. Some didn't make it to see this day. And here we are worried about a broken heart. Be grateful that you are still alive and have lived to see another year go by. I myself am looking forward to meeting a woman who actually is into me. Because in the end, these ones are just not into us, for whatever reason. Be strong and you will do well in life. Don't spend the new year depressed and down over someone who doesn't care about you. Get out there and enjoy this day. Its a new year, its new opportunities. You will meet someone better. People are always attracted to strong people. Its very hard to be rejected, but you are not here to dwell on it. So go make 2008 less emotional and more productive.

This is probably the most helpful post that i have ever read on this site! Exactly the mindset i am trying to get into today! I am not gonna let him ruin 2008!! Onto to bigger and better. I cried for the last time at midnight when for the second year in a row, i watched others hug, laugh and celebrate, kiss the one they love and are to spend the year with. I swear if i listened close enough,i could hear my heart break. Not anymore. New year and new beginnings!!

Have a great year!!!

Hi there,

Great post, thanks for this - I'm going to try so hard to get through my break up and not let it break me. I will emerge stronger for this, and I WILL get over him. The pain is good, because it's getting me over someone who was really really bad for me. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway...

Archived