She's beautiful, but dumb...oh the humanity!!

greenmonster

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I agree...

but are "deep intellectual" conversations honestly needed in a successful relationship? I mean...as long as we laugh, have fun, and get along...cant I just save my discussions on molecular physics & string theory for other people?

I guess what I'm asking is....Is it best to date a person that is your mental equivalent? or do people on different ends of the spectrum have a chance at success as much as like minds?

Depends. You might be just fine in a relationship with someone who was not/is not your intellectual equal.

Personally, I couldn't stick with someone I thought was "dumb." It would be really difficult for me to respect them in the context of a relationship.

Co-workers, friends...no problem if I think they're dumb. Significant Other? Big problem if I think he's dumb.

But that's just me....and I freely admit to being an intellectual snob.

My friend plays dumb alot because she thinks its cute, who knows, maybe she is. Just cos she makes random silly comments now and again, maybe because she does'nt understand, does'nt necessarily mean she's dumb, just teachable =) in a none patronising way.

Although, if I was the girl in this situation and some guy i'd had 1 date with ( I presume?) went on a website not only to question wether he should date me due to my lack of intelligance... i'd opt out personally....

She deserves something more, but then again.... I think you should give her a chance, get to know her a little

Known her long?

Beauty fades. Quickly, mind you.

Depends on the genes ;-)

Seriously though, Im some act the part of a silly girlish blonde just to make men feel less threatened around me.

And some of them are stunned when I open up and want to discuss the latest news from link removed

Have you tried having a meaningful conversation with her ?

Interestingly enough the heavy chick you were set up with that you didn't like was probably pretty smart and more interesting. At least you know the heavy chick was smart enough to have gotten thru college. ;-)

There is no way you would know that she was pretty smart but we can at least hope so - being fat and dumb would be a killer combination. In my experience you don't have to be smart to finish college - I've seen some really brainless people finishing it..

There is no way you would know that she was pretty smart but we can at least hope so - being fat and dumb would be a killer combination. In my experience you don't have to be smart to finish college - I've seen some really brainless people finishing it..

I base that on the fact that I know the heavy girl finished college. She must have SOME degree of intelligence whereas miss dumbbell he is talking about now probably would not have gotten thru college.

I am not saying that only a genius can finish, but it does take at least average intelligence. It proves the person has the ability to think to some degree.

I think it is probably a gimmie she was smarter than the one he is seeing now.

I disagree with you, JadedStar. I've met some really dumb people in university.

There was one girl in particular, Jessica. She was my classmate in the masters program. I honestly can't think of anyone dumber than her that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She used to tell me about her 'boyfriend', a really cute boy in Japan. Finally, one day, the truth came out. He was a cartoon character. She would sit there in class and draw his name in hearts. I proofread a couple of her papers and they literally didn't make any sense. There was no consistency from one sentence to the next. You had no idea what she was even trying to say. She would study night and day, memorising everything. She even went on to the PhD program, although they ended up getting rid of her because she was so annoying.

I don't think that college students are any smarter than the average population. They aren't there because they're smart. Most of them are there because that's where their parents expect them to be. period.

I am not saying that they are geniuses.

Unless they cheat they at least have to have the ability to think to a certain degree.

I have worked wtih many a person who had a degree and it floored me because they just didn't seem very bright. But they were not as dumb as the person the OP is describing.

I DID NOT SAY she was smarter than the average population (the college grad). I said she was mostly likely SMARTER THAN THE DODO BIRD he is dating right now.

i know some women that have a master's degree. they can't think straight in a social environment though. they are only book smart.

I get so annoyed with graduate students. Especially around exam time when they stop showering or changing their clothes. And they bring sleeping bags to sleep in the department and then you'll see them wake up and pull a raw hot dog out of their bag and shove it in their mouth. And they smell so bad. And they're so nerdy. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you can't try to look stylish. It's so overplayed, this whole, "I'm a victim of my extreme intelligence. I'm too busy solving problems in my head to brush my hair."

...ok, i'm done my rant. sorry to get off track.

I get so annoyed with graduate students. Especially around exam time when they stop showering or changing their clothes. And they bring sleeping bags to sleep in the department and then you'll see them wake up and pull a raw hot dog out of their bag and shove it in their mouth. And they smell so bad. And they're so nerdy. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you can't try to look stylish. It's so overplayed, this whole, "I'm a victim of my extreme intelligence. I'm too busy solving problems in my head to brush my hair."

...ok, i'm done my rant. sorry to get off track.

What uni do you go to? I have never, and I mean never, seen or heard of something this extreme.

What uni do you go to? I have never, and I mean never, seen or heard of something this extreme.

they were like that at both the school where i did my undergrad and the school where i did my grad studies. the sad part is that neither school was even any good. ha ha. although it was economics, and economists are renowned for being ugly, geeky and out of touch with reality.

Archived