I am dating a puppy dog. And I don’t think I can keep it up.

gradle

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gradle,

It is good that you told him that you only want to be friends. By the end of the day it is your choice and it is your life. You act on your own best interests. I may be wrong but from what ever you have written in this thread it is very apparent that you don't feel a strong attraction for him and you really are not looking forward to spending time with him. In fact you just want to be left alone and enjoy your free time. I am amazed at how life can be strange some times. The girl that doesn't want to date me pines for me and jumps at every opportunity to spend time with me but in your case you actually dated that guy but don't feel anything.... well reality is always surprising isn't it?

I would like to give you one advice. PLEASE DO NOT BE FRIENDS WITH THIS GUY!!! It is only going to hurt him and feed his hopes. You have clearly mentioned that he is more emotionally involved in this than you. In his frame of mind he will read into all the things that you say and do and cling on to some hope. And when you eventually date some one else and get a boyfriend it will break his heart. You have been smart in deciding to not date him anymore. Now you got to be smart and think if you really want to be friends with this man. Just think about it - will you guys really be able to have a good friendship? Is it possible for him to be your friend while you date other guys? I am sorry, but it just won't work.

Please do one more favor to this man and not pursue a friendship with him.

Good luck

Archived