Would you be ok with your gf dancing with other guys in a club?

i_love_chocolate

well, maybe in her mind, these guys only want to be friends, but I think everyone else knows, that a guy doesn't approach a woman in a bar and asks her for her number so that they can watch the superbowl together.

is she clear about her intentions - like, "sure, we can meet and have lunch sometime, but i want you to know that i have a very serious boyfriend and I love him to pieces and would never leave him." i have a feeling like she may not "mention" the boyfriend.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah she tells them that she has a bf and they say it's ok but I don't buy it. But her argument is, which is hard to fight, is that even if those guys want to get into her pants she won't let them. How can I argue this? I mean, even guys she meets through friends or at school or anywhere want to get into her pants (she's very hot so I know that). So if my argument is "those guys just want to get into your pants" she would respond by saying "well you also tell me that all single guys want to get into my pants so why does it matter where I meet them?" Now how can I respond to that?

Yeah she tells them that she has a bf and they say it's ok but I don't buy it. But her argument is, which is hard to fight, is that even if those guys want to get into her pants she won't let them. How can I argue this? I mean, even guys she meets through friends or at school or anywhere want to get into her pants (she's very hot so I know that). So if my argument is "those guys just want to get into your pants" she would respond by saying "well you also tell me that all single guys want to get into my pants so why does it matter where I meet them?" Now how can I respond to that?

lol, maybe you should start dating an unattractive woman?

i guess it comes down to trust. if you don't trust her, then you shouldn't be with her.

well, I don't know - i guess you have to go with your gut feel. i dated a guy once who just didn't know (or didn't want to) tell other women who were coming onto him to go away. I finally got sick of that and broke up with him. just my viewpoint. I could never handle dating brad pitt or george clooney or their equivalents just because I would get so sick of women throwing themselves at them ALL THE TIME. ug. it's times like that that the dork with the acne problem starts to look pretty darned good!

Yeah it's pretty hard dating a good looking person. Every time I go out with her, guys AND girls check her out. It doesn't bother me because I know I would check her out if I saw her in the street. I just don't feel comfortable when she is friendly with single guys who she knows (or if not, I tell her) that they're trying to be more than friends with her. I just hate having those guys hanging around her. You know what I mean?

I'm not worried about ppl checking her out. I really don't. I just said that to let you know that she's hot and no single guy would only wanna be friends. Our relationship is very very very complicated. I don't wanna open that subject here because it would change the subject but you should rest assured that she loves me to death. My question was when is it ok for your gf to give our her phone number or hang out with guys?

First off I couldn't ever do this to my boyfriend, I think it's cheating and very, very disrespectful!! If he did it to me I'd smack him lol. Plus we are never separated, we never go out without each other. It's just the way we are and we like it

Too bad I'm out of flour no more chocolate cake! OK well back to the subject. If I tell her that you can't meet guys in clubs, train, parties and any random setting then how would she have any friends? Almost ALL her friends are guys because it's easier for her to make guy friends because of her good looks. Let's see. Guy friend A she dated him for a week and then got back with her ex. Guy friend B she met him when she worked in a bookstore. He talked to her and asked her for lunch during her lunch break. However, guy B tried to make a move when he heard that she broke up with her ex. Guy C is her ex-bf. Guy D has a crush on her (he always comes to the restaurant where she works) and he asked her out but she told him that she had a bf but they still go out as "friends". Do you see a trend? All her guy friends either made a move or she had a relationship with. However, Guy A and B are really good friends of her now so that's how she uses this as her supporting argument. If I told her not to meet guys randomly then I'm basically telling her that you can't have friends. Any time I tell her that I can't hang out tonight, she calls up one of the guy friends she has. That's all the friends she has. Her best girlfriend is in a different city so they never hang out really. What do you think?

I think she acts stupid and that you can't ask her to act differently.

The only thing you can do is leave, in case her behaviour goes against your values and is not up to your standards.

I think it's very sad she refuses to accept the fact she's leading guys on by giving them her number while having bf and enjoyes the feeling of excitment that her innapropraite flirting is giving her.

Guys don't go to bars to find female friends. PERIOD.

Question to all ENAers,

Would you be ok with your gf going to a nightclub, dancing with other guys and giving out her phone number? What if you trust her and know that even if the guys call her and go out with her that she would only be friends with them? This question goes the other way around too. I had this discussion with my gf. I know for a fact that she would only be friends with them but for some reason (deep deep down) it bothers me.

Hell no and double hell no.

These guys aren't looking for a friend, they are looking to get laid.

These are not friends - these are potential suitors. They are hanging around waiting for you two to break up. This girl is taking you for a ride. I can't think of any guy who would put up with this.

Not saying that men and women can't be friends but there are some boundries and guidelines to it. I see it as the following:

1.) ex's who have definitely moved on and enough time has passed

2.) old childhood friends/nieghbors/family friends whatever

3.) business/career/good-contact friends

4.) gay guys

Guys she meets in a club or in a cafe, train or walking down the street - NO WAY!!!!

I an SOOOOOO craving Chocolate cake and It's that time of the month...so I can smell the friggin cake lol

Sorry had to get that outta me

I do think she is taking you along for a ride. Guys don't go to bars to meet new best friends..... they are looking for one night stands or a booty call. I'd either break up with her or keep an eye on her the whole time.... actually screw that!!

She's wasting your time flirting with other guys and giving her number out(HELLO THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL, big RED FLAG HERE!!!!). If I ever did this to my bf he's kick my ass out!

yeah i think it's apparent that everyone actually agrees that this is unacceptable behavior.

Tankgirl makes a good point of this being a giant RED FLAG waving in front of you, take note of it now and take action, otherwise it'll just be one of those things you regret overlooking later on.

Well, I know you don't want to go "off topic" but I did read your previous posts about your relationship and I can certainly see why you find this behavior disconcerting. her behavior certainly raises red flags for all of us here.

So, I guess your next step is to figure out what to do about it. You can stay or go. You can't really command her to do anything. And she isn't even your wife, so technically she is still single and on the market, in one way. so, I guess she is just keeping all her options open, by talking to these guys. At least, that's the way I see it.

I have been really confused about this subject. I mean, when is it normal for a girl to give out her phone number? If it's not ok in a club, then would it be ok with a guy she met on the train who talked to her? What is considered ok?

I give out my number in business settings and where we have an interest in common and he knows I have a serious bf.

I would not be comfortable at all with my bf going to a club without me, dancing with women he just met and getting their phone numbers "as friends." He would never do that, and neither would I. For all the reasons already said on this thread. It's inappropriate.

Question to all ENAers,

Would you be ok with your gf going to a nightclub, dancing with other guys and giving out her phone number? What if you trust her and know that even if the guys call her and go out with her that she would only be friends with them? This question goes the other way around too. I had this discussion with my gf. I know for a fact that she would only be friends with them but for some reason (deep deep down) it bothers me.

NO I WOULD NOT BE OK WITH IT!! I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT ONCE YOU ARE IN A SERIOUS RELATIOSHIP YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING ANY NEW "FRIENDS" OF THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT YOU TALK TO ON THE PHONE OR GO OUT WITH. JUST NOT A GOOD IDEA.

THAT WOULD BE A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME

Archived