Who said "I Love You" first???

Before anything, I understand that Love is a strong word and One says it when you truly feel it. But I want to see in General more or less Who says I LOVE YOU first in Relationships...

She did?He did? or You did(please state if your a Female or Male) and How long did it take from the beginning of the Relationship to the point You/Your partner said it.

There was a teacher in one of my religion subjects back in the college days... who said...

Men uses Love to get Sex...

Women uses Sex to get Love...

By this phrase who would normally say "I love you" first? Men...

But I have grown.. with a few experiences in love... I would say... its a case to case basis.... it depends on one's personality... it depends on one's culture... it depends on one's level of attraction... it really depends on a lot of things....

We can't generalize love to exist mostly on either man or woman, by saying men or women fells in love first, mostly...

For the sake of this thread... lets give it a try who says the magic words first...

My experiences... mostly it was my girlfriend who says it first...before me..

He said it first about 3 months into our relationship. Granted he was sick and doped up on meds at the time...thankfully he didn't remember it because I was in such shock I didn't say it back!!!

Later on the subject of love came up and we mutually agreed we are in love.

Wellll..technically we had 2 first I love you's...I am female by the way.

We were in a restaurant and we were joking around and I made a comment to the exent of like "ugh you hate my guts sooo much don't you" (joking way) and he was like "no i looov.......LIKE you sooo much" that was about 3 months into the relationship

4 months into the relationship he called me at 8am in the morning(i work 2nd shift so no i was def not up yet) and he was like come to my house right now..and i was like omg no you are on crack, and then he said it again in a more forceful way and told me to just walk in the door, so i was like okay okay okay...drove the 20 minutes to his house at 8am. walked in the door and there are hershey kisses from the front door in a trail leading into the bathroom..i followed them and they went into the shower, opened the shower curtain and there was a dozen long stem white and pink roses with a note that said now that i have kissed the ground that you walk on and showered you with flowers do you realize how much i love you...yeah it was the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me!

oh my goodness! loving the cute stories!

my fella said the 'i love you' first - after we were playfighting and i hit my head on the end of the bed. oops. so romantic. heheheh.

i didnt say it back until the next day, because i didnt want him to think i was only saying it back because he'd said it!

My boyfriend said it first, not even a month in. It was a bit of an awkward moment - I said it back after a long awkward pause even though I didn't really mean it, I just didn't know what to say (CRINGE, I know).

He sensed the embarrassment/awkwardness because he didn't say it again until I said, a few weeks later.

My wife said it first. A few weeks into the relationship, we were lying in bed, and she thought I was asleep, so she whispered it to me. I asked, "What?" She said, "Nothing," like she was worried that I'd heard her. Even though I wasn't totally sure I'd heard her right, I said, "I love you too." I think we both felt better.

I cant remember the first time I ever said it...

I just tend to say it... if I feel it, I say it.

I dno, I have always been pretty loose with those words... I tell my friends I love them all the time. I can love the person without being "in love" with them.

odd

I told Mat first tho, I told him quite a few times before he told me back

My wife said it first. A few weeks into the relationship, we were lying in bed, and she thought I was asleep, so she whispered it to me. I asked, "What?" She said, "Nothing," like she was worried that I'd heard her. Even though I wasn't totally sure I'd heard her right, I said, "I love you too." I think we both felt better.

I think that is so sweet!

For me, he said it first, but its weird, i was ready to say it that same night. I had prepared myself to say it because it just hit me like a ton of bricks, but he beat me to it. We started out as friends and somehow it morphed, and the weird thing is on the same day we both had that feeling. IF he had not have said it first (well he even screamed it off of his balcony first lol) i would have.

In previous relationships the guys said it to me... and I never once said it back. It's just something I always took really seriously.

With my current boyfriend, we had been dating for five months and he was about to leave on a two week trip. So the last night I saw him before he left we were watching a movie and cuddling on the couch, and I realized I really truly did love him. So I told him first. He got like the biggest smile ever and said it back. We've been together for two and a half years! He's the love of my life.

My boyfriend said it first after 3 months, but I think I fell in love first. We always play the question game, so one night when I went to visit him for the weekend (we were in a LDR) we were walking around outside playing the game. It was his turn and he pauses and goes..."What would you say if I said I love you?" It was so cute I got this big smile on my face and said "I'd say I love you too." I had wanted to say it for awhile. It was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived