Does he have a girlfriend?

Lillypoo

Hello!

I got chatting to a guy on a dating site recently, we got on well, he told me he had gotten out of a relationship 3 months ago. I though wow that’s soon to be wanting another one. But I just went with the flow as we seemed really similar but I got the feeling he seemed “to good to be true”. We were talking for about 2 weeks, so I decided to ask him if he wanted to grab a drink sometime and see if we get on that way. He replied with he thought it was too soon to meet and wanted to text a bit longer. I though “argh another guy just wanting someone to message”. So I left it and didn’t really chat with him until about a week ago he messaged saying he would like to meet me. I asked for his Facebook account as I felt something was off, I had this gut feeling he was maybe hiding something like a girlfriend. He added me but it’s like he had blocked me from seeing some things, there was nothing from January 2017 until now. There was lots of photos of a girl and him on holiday (presumably his ex girlfriend). I asked him again how long he had been single for he said a month. HA! He told me it was 3 months when we had started speaking. I got more and more suspicious. He kept saying we should meet when he come back from his holiday. I asked where he was going and who was he going with, he said just himself. I looked up his name on google and saw he had Instagram so I thought I’d have a look as I was feeling suspicious. Well he put pictures up of him and the girl (who I thought was his ex) in the place he is. I then messaged him asking if he was single, he said he was and no girlfriend. I then said “I was going to add you on Instagram and saw you were with a girl on holiday” he then proceeded to say I am faulsly accusing him and saying I don’t know him and that I’m “CRAZY”. Oh this guy is 40, I’m 28. Any thoughts??

You sound like me lol. I definitely would have found out all I could especially if my gut was telling me something was up.

With that being said, my advice is to cut off contact. This isn't an individual you've met or invested a lot of time into. Cut ties now. He is absolutely lying to you and will continue to do so if you continue speaking with him.

Yes, he has a girlfriend. That means it's time for you to cut contact and move on.

There are so many stories on this forum about 40+ year old men who have never married and want to date multiple women at once. I swear these guys choose much younger partners, because they want a person inexperienced enough to not know when they're getting used. Trust your instincts.

Gf, rebound, FB, etc doesn't matter as much as his reluctance to meet for whatever reason. That alone is a great reason to block, delete and stop wasting time on him. In the future meet asap and do not start adding people you never met and don't even know to your social media.

Move forward to someone who wants to meet and don't waste even more time on cyber-sleuthing etc on someone who clearly has little to zero interest in meeting.

He replied with he thought it was too soon to meet and wanted to text a bit longer. He kept saying we should meet when he come back from his holiday.

Archived