What does it mean when a guy says that you’re not what he’s used to?

tamaraxoxo

He should be able to embellish on what he means and what he’s used to. Ask him to embellish.

If he can’t put it into words, which I wouldn’t understand (he should be able to explain himself), I’d let it go. Just take it as a positive. If it was negative, I doubt he’d be talking to you.

It means you behave in a manner that is contrary to his expectations. It could be anything from how you walk through a door to your emotional response to flirting.

I wouldn't ask. Listen to what he remarks on when he is observing you..

Well, what kind of person are you? If I met you for the first time, what would I take away from the meeting? Do you talk too much or too fast? Are you very pretty or very ugly? Are you smarter than he is, or are you stupid? Are you loving or stand-offish? What is it about you that might be different for him?

Look at it this way, all his exes are exes for a reason. They broke up because they weren't compatible. So even if there is, on some level, a comparison, it will be a good one. I would take it as a compliment. Also, men sometimes try to give a compliment but like Jazzman said, they are often straight forward and what they think is a compliment can get our over active, analytical minds working overtime! Much to the confusion of the man! My ex and I hadn't been seeing each other for very long and he told me that all his exes had been 'pretty girls'! Luckily for him I found it funny as I knew that, believe it or not, he was actually trying to compliment me. All his exes were your classic barbie type girls and I am a lot more down to earth, educated and don't really worry about make up and fashion. He was trying to say that he liked that and found it very refreshing. Problem was he wasn't very articulate and that's how it came out! He got himself in quite a muddle trying to back track out of it but I just laughed and told him not to worry as I knew what he meant. Don't worry another second on it and get back to enjoying your new romance! :)

Is he in high school? He sounds inexperienced and doesn't know what to say to you. Maybe he thinks you are unique. Has he asked you out? It sounds like you have a crush on him and are analyzing every word. Relax and ask him if he's like to do something after school or on the weekend.

Ive been talking to this guy.And one day he all of a sudden says I’m not what he’s used to.

Archived